Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Into legend and song; whose story?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
With my latest song release, Kosta told me he was hoping I would make another HollowWorld-themed song again sometime.

I've found a melody that allows for very narrative-like lyrics, but I lack a significant story to fit onto this melody.
I would like to find my inspiration in HollowWorld, but I've not been actively keeping up with what has been happening.
Last time I asked for a legendary story, the vote was for Maceo's death and it became the most popular track on the album, also outside the HollowWorld community!
So, it's obvious you know best what stories are worthwhile. I figure I give this another shot and ask you who deserves to be put in the spotlight of a song.

Whose story has captivated Altera and kept its people in awe (currently or recently)?
Is there something specific going down that needs to be remembered, something the bards would naturally be singing about?

What tale must be turned into a poem and be sung forever?

I'm looking specifically for stories that have affected many people and that players look back on like: Dang, that was emotional, that was a moment when RP really shined.
  • If you've got an idea, even if it's your own character, leave a reply with a character name and what happened that makes their story a contender for a song.
  • Then if everyone can vote on those names by using the "Agree" reaction, we can already pick a story without having to make a voting thread.
Once we've got some results, we'll be in touch to get the specifics of that story if it is not already written down clearly enough.

No idea if this thread is gonna get any traction at all. Definitely hoping it will so we can get ourselves a new HW song and I can start writing! :)

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Hmmm, maybe a song about the feud between Matthias and Xandar, brothers torn apart by the madness of power?

Last edited:

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
Could do something about the changes of Altera over time, like the different arcs/campaigns

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
I'd probably nominate Branko/Grisha Vow for his rise from being some random dock scum criminal to the emperor of Cor Votum and Exalted of Skraag.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
These are all really good ideas! We can start voting with the agree symbol. If there are a lot of votes I'll work on the one we all choose for. If there are only a few I'll pick one myself :)

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
These are all really good ideas! We can start voting with the agree symbol. If there are a lot of votes I'll work on the one we all choose for. If there are only a few I'll pick one myself :)
Narrowed my options down so people are good to go on voting for Matt v Xandy

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
It's a close call between the ivory king's war and Branko's rise to power. Gonna leave this open for one more day :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
It's starting to look like I'm gonna have to do 2 songs! 10 votes for the ivory king's war and 9 for Branko's rise to power!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Alright, in order to write about it, I'm gonna need someone to link me to a summary of the Ivory King's War or write me one, including the consequences and impact of the things that happened to both sides as a whole :p Who feels up to the task? Since I haven't been keeping up at all I'll have to dig deep and read up!

And Kostadim , would you be alright to have a conversation on Discord to talk about Branko's rise to power?

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Alright, in order to write about it, I'm gonna need someone to link me to a summary of the Ivory King's War or write me one, including the consequences and impact of the things that happened to both sides as a whole :p Who feels up to the task? Since I haven't been keeping up at all I'll have to dig deep and read up!

And Kostadim , would you be alright to have a conversation on Discord to talk about Branko's rise to power?
sure