Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Item Renaming

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Just a thought that crossed my mind, I like to rename items for RP, that way, I have an actual in game representation of my character's belongings. Now, Doing this in bulk is a bit costly and has no actual IG benefit besides the immersion of the RP.

Can we discuss ways to use item renaming in RP and any to improve RP with it?

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
I'd like a plugin like that, seeing as though it would cost me around 50 levels to simply name my god sword.

And all kinds of other relics and stuff for dragon religion and so forth

Last edited:

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
But if you meant that you'd like a plug-in that will rename items for you for free, I'd be against it the same way I'd be against the server spawning in blocks for people to build their RP homes with.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Yeah but it's something I'd like to be able to use more...
All of the items would still have to be acquired through RP

But changing the name to obligatory things
Like Bed---> Bedroll
Wool---> Any kind of cloth item (example wet rag or Green blanket)
Or even just renaming a food item into ANY OTHER FOOD ITEM EVER

I think that changing an items name can help improve RP

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Right, but gaining exp to rename items along with all the other material requirements for RPing in the NK is what the Sorrows is here for. Use it. :p

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
I agree with Dummy party, if you want to rename some form of weapon or anything with a proper use you should work for it yourself but if its an easy to come by item like a piece of wool or a food item you should be able to rename it for free.

Although:
"Renaming always costs a single level, in addition to any Prior Work penalty. Renaming will increase the prior work penalty."
So it really doesn't cost that much to rename a single unenchanted item so go out an get a level :p
Also:
"Stackable items can be renamed as a stack, while paying a single prior work penalty and a single level for the rename"

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Imo, it's available in vanilla and I don't see a need to add another plugin to the mess in order to do something you already can.

dogbew

Lord of Altera
Imo, it's available in vanilla and I don't see a need to add another plugin to the mess in order to do something you already can.
There are plugins that can add lore descriptions and whathaveyou to the names, things you cannot do in vanilla

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Command blo-

hehehe

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
There are plugins that can add lore descriptions and whathaveyou to the names, things you cannot do in vanilla
Is that what the thread was about? Nope. And we already have stuff working that lets us add that when needed.

So again - if the objective can be done sans adding something new, no need to add something new.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Yeah as Nael said its basically in vanilla, and 1.8 will reduce the costs for renaming stuff (and enchanting) drastically.

High level items are indeed a problem atm though, just wait with them until 1.8 eventually hits the server.