1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! Get Whitelisted Today and join us! Then check out our Starter Guide made just for you.
  3. Keep up-to-date on the Server Campaigns!
  4. Here's a guide to the Prestige plugin! Read it here.
  5. To purchase property at Storm's Landing, Please Click Here!
  6. Hey, Guest! Contribute to the Server to keep us Alive!

Active Kitrana Dawnriver, Knight of Rahas

Discussion in 'Character Profiles / Journals' started by godfather1, Dec 5, 2017.

1. godfather1

godfather1 Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    Kitrana Dawnriver.png
    Theme (open)

<GENERAL INFORMATION>
    Name: Kitrana Dawnriver
    Other Names: Kit (some close friends she allows to call her this), Kitty, Kitty-cat (she hates these), Feisty Northerner, Bear of the North, Lionheart (Andre)
    Titles: Sword and Shield of Slyannen, Protector of the City, Grand Master of the Knights of Rahas, Baroness of Padure
    [​IMG]
    Race: Human
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Current Residence: Slyannen
    Relationship Status: Single

Social Status: Baroness

<PHYSICAL APPEARANCE>
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 152 lbs.
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Skin Color: A pale northern skin tone
    Shape of Face: Heart-shaped
    Distinguishing Features: None really
    Build of Body: Toned, athletic, fairly muscled
    Hair Color: Blonde
    Hair Style: Straight, worn about chest-length
    Complexion: Light, cool
    Posture: Straight-backed and noble, holding herself well
    Is Seen By Others As: ??

Scars:

• A scar from a small stab to her lower left thigh
    • Dark, long claw marks across the back of her right hand
    Voice: Alto, clear with a slight harsh edge to it often

[​IMG]

<PERSONALITY>
    Description: A woman fiercely devoted to Rahas, she is generally cool and level-headed, hiding her emotions behind a guarded visage. Underneath her prideful noble air, she has a rough northern spirit that doesn't mind picking fights with assholes in bars, but when it comes to serious situations, she is dominant, tactful and altruistic.
    Likes: Talking, training/sparring, learning, bettering herself
    Dislikes: Cruelty, commotion, harming others (unless they're being an asshole), deception
    Strengths: Loyal, observant, honorable, level-headed, goodhearted and altruistic
    Weaknesses: Prideful and sometimes arrogant, has the capacity to be very cold, stubborn and uncompromising, can have a short fuse in more private situations as she suppresses her emotions severely

Fears: Deceit and betrayal
    Values: Loyalty, defending those who can't defend themselves, honor
    Education: Taught to think strategically, but not well-versed in lore
    Languages: Common (fluent)
    General Attitude: Guarded and neutral
    Religious Inclination: Devout to Rahas, respects Theodra
    General Intelligence: Strategic mind, clever and observant
    General Sociability: Not very approachable or good at small talk
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Short Term Goals:

• Heal and improve her skill with the rapier.
    Long Term Goals:

• Teach Carlos and the others as her squires/recruits. (Ongoing)
    • Raise Laisa.

<POSSESSIONS>
    Wardrobe:
    • A full set of plate-chain, with a white cloak bearing the sigil of Rahas over a green laurel draped over it, denoting her rank. (What she normally wears) [x]
    • An elegant white duelist's coat and shoulder cape with gold trim, and black pants, all over leather armor, with accompanying black gloves and boots. (What she wears formally)
    • Sleeveless chain armor over her torso and shoulders, and leather armor on her lower body, with leather boots and gloves. She dons a dark blue-grey cloak over it all, most of the time.
    Jewelry: A silver pendant shaped like Rahas' symbol on an iron mariner's link necklace.

Pets/Animals: None

Owned Homes: None

Carried Inventory: Just enough coin to get by on, as well as some basic medical supplies such as needle and thread and bandages, and hardtack, in a small leather bag she carries on her person.
    General Inventory: Only what's mentioned above. She is a woman of simple means.

General Wealth: Small savings which she only spends as necessary and to help those who have even less. She is in need of work.

<HEALTH>
    Illnesses: None
    Allergies: None
    Injuries: A shallow stab to her lower left thigh. Healing normally.

Sleeping Habits: Normal
    Energy Levels: Average
    Eating Habits: Average
    Exercise Habits: Daily
    Memory: Decent
    Unhealthy Habits: Restraining her emotions more than she should.
    Drinking Habits: The occasional sip of wine in public, drinks whiskey frequently in private.

<HISTORY>
    Birthplace: A cold northern palace more akin to a prison, decorated in pelts and ornaments of battle and work, but no finery. This place was owned by her family of the nobility, and was the place of operations for her order.

Childhood: Raised and educated mainly by her parents and a few of their close friends within the order. She learned from an early age to hold to Rahas' Doctrine.

Teen Years: Learned the basics of swordplay while she did other work for her order. Her parents disappeared and she unexpectedly assumed command of the order, her dominant personality and her cunning quickly placing her above anyone else who tried to claim leadership.

Adulthood: She proved her mettle when she led the order into a surprise attack against a local tyrannical governor. She finds her parents' dead bodies in one of the cells as they went through the prisoners after the battle. She was later forced into exile by a group of conspirators within the order. She met Tybalt Marr who gave her a new sword to replace the seized cutlass that she used before.

Family History: People of self-made wealth and simple ways, they acquired what used to be an isolated mountain lookout fortress and turned it into their "palace". On the same day as their marriage, her parents founded their nameless, unstructured order dedicated to upholding Rahas' ideals.

Past Places of Residences: The Crossroads, Vinterhavn, Storm's Landing
    Places Traveled: Azerport, The Compendium

<COMBAT>
    Peaceful or violent: Violent, defensive, controlled
    Weaponry:

• A rapier, 2.2 lbs, 41-inch blade. A pendant of the Rahas symbol is wrapped around the crossguard. She only carries this when she's wearing her formal attire and for duels.
    Rapier (open)
    Kitrana rapier.png

• A very well-made 2.8-lb, 36-inch-blade longsword bearing the Rahas Symbol and the crest of Marr. She keeps it visible on her side.
    Combat Training: She knows the basics of swordplay and has a good instinct for fighting, but overall her skills are not honed and are in need of work.

<TRAINING & SKILLS>
    Medical: Basic knowledge
    Singing: Fairly practiced. Singing voice sounds roughly like this.

(I'll add more here later)

<OTHER TRIVIA>
    Favorite Types of Food: Gamey meat like venison and reindeer
    Favorite Types of Drink: Tea
    Hobbies/Pastimes: Training, walking/hiking, singing
    Favorite Colors: Blue and blue-grey

<RELATIONSHIPS>
    Relevant Family Members:
    • Laisa Dawnriver, her adopted child- "It's going to be hard and unpredictable, but I'm going to make sure you grow up to be good and strong."
    Romantic Interests: "You can try."

Trusted Friends:

• Andre Ursae- "You can be such a handful sometimes... But I have you to thank for bringing all of this together." (UmbraSicarius )
    • Ayda- "No matter what happens, I will stand with you." (Ayda )
    • Cassian- "You are more important to me than you could ever know. I cannot imagine raising Laisa alone and sometimes you are the only thing keeping me sane. You deserve your happiness." (Baron2537 )
    Friendly With: People whom she likes enough to be a bit more relaxed around.
    • Amelia Flint- "A mercenary, but with a code, and respectable enough- not to mention professional. Thank you for your services." (Samiwashere )
    • Bertrand Garvin- "You are a respectable military leader. I like your style. Here's to the freedom of Astrum." (Bowduim )
    • Warren- "You are stronger than you know, you just need to find that strength." (ArkianDragon )
    • Tania- "You impress me with your training. You're going to be a very capable fighter one day." (StarWillow2000 )
    • Mireille- "I worry about you. It's good that you have sympathy, but you must believe in the justification behind what we do if you're going to be one of us." (Bertie99R )
    • Elacan- "Undisciplined. This one needs work." (aidoninja )
    • Fronslin- "You impress me more and more. That enchanted sword of yours has been an incredible help, and your assistance is always welcome." (Fronslin )
    • Carlos de Courtnay- "I think you'll make a good squire. You've got a good heart, but there's work ahead." (MrMine )
    • Evangelyne Auriol- "You're a sweet girl, though I worry about you with how timid and easily frightened you are. I'm going to do everything I can to keep you safe." (Maestroart )
    • Tavia- "I'm grateful you've returned to us... The world will always need people like you." (Samiwashere )
    Loose Acquaintances: People whom she has only just met and has yet to form much of an opinion of.
    • Nwalme Fuvur- "With every passing day you make me doubt your intentions more heavily..." (blargtheawesome )
    • Gromm- "An ally in far northern places... Sometime I'll have to make up an excuse to visit just so I can get a feeling of home again." (Old_Gromm )
    Disfavored Individuals: People whom she dislikes as being generally rude or unpleasant, but she will still protect them as they haven't done anything horribly wrong to her.

Hated: People she thoroughly despises and considers enemies to what she stands for, and might take a chance to rid the world of them if the opportunity presented itself.

Wary Of: "You must be pretty intimidating if you make it here."

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018 at 4:21 PM
    • Player Love Player Love x 9
  2. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    <MORE THEMES>

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    • Player Love Player Love x 2
  3. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    <Art>
    Ruu
    Show Spoiler
    1E97E7EC-34DF-4C4F-B274-F7F29143C956.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018 at 4:23 PM
    • Player Love Player Love x 1
  4. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    Claim 3/3

This is a rework of an older character of mine, I'm bringing her back. She's officially active but I may not actually start playing her until winter break, we'll see

5. ToastySpam

ToastySpam Noble of Altera

Character Name:
    Star
    Alt Name:
    Rufus Greenbottle
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Everywhere
    House:
    (See Above)
    Looks cool, will have to rp with at some point

6. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    I wonder how her and Star would get along ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    added her first few relations

8. Spirit

Spirit Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Soul Allister Oakhold | Reid Goodman
    Alt Name:
    Dimitri Lirran
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Novahawks Guild House
    House:
    Novahawks
    Kitrana? More like...

KIT-TANA! HAHAHA HAHA I'M SO FUNNY!

• Like Like x 1
  9. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    someone already made that joke, get off my thread

also she's still a better Katana than in Suicide Squad

10. Sir_Arc

Sir_Arc It took a lot to get here

Character Name:
    Peter Longtree
    Alt Name:
    Julianus Hostilius Herennius
    Race:
    Human
    House:
    House of the Lord
    Nope, that was a cool character and until this ic can trap the souls of her victims in her blade then yes, you are correct.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Morbid

Morbid Official Alteran

Character Name:
    Arthur Ashenfell
    Alt Name:
    Preotul Vârcolac
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Blackstone / Homeless
    House:
    Hawklight / None
    Interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  12. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    updated, added the relations I can remember, boop me if I'm forgetting and you want one.

13. Fronslin

Fronslin Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Fronslin
    Alt Name:
    A_Spoony_Bard
    Race:
    Elf
    In-game Town/City:
    Sandaru, Storms Landing
    House:
    Furvur
    I'd like to point out that Fronslin doesn't really adhere to any particular divine, he sees himself more as a servant to them, and wants them to remain where they are in their slots in the pantheon. He does have some dislikes though.

I didn't really have the words to explain this until now.

14. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    ah. She still thinks of him as somewhat a follower of Rahas, just because of his positive comments about him.

15. ToastySpam

ToastySpam Noble of Altera

Character Name:
    Star
    Alt Name:
    Rufus Greenbottle
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Everywhere
    House:
    (See Above)
    Star and Rufus, maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  16. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    updoots.
    I totally didn't forget to do this. Just kidding yes I did I'm lazy

17. Fronslin

Fronslin Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Fronslin
    Alt Name:
    A_Spoony_Bard
    Race:
    Elf
    In-game Town/City:
    Sandaru, Storms Landing
    House:
    Furvur
    I think that's nicest thing I've ever seen anyone say about Frons.

• Like Like x 1
  18. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    Did some updates and this is a good time to do some writing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rain danced on the roof of the inn above Kitrana softly. She sat on the foot of her bed, her chainmail removed and laying on the small table in the corner of the cramped room. Her longsword, the one that Tybalt had given her what felt like an eternity ago, was unsheathed and resting across her knee as she slowly, methodically ran the whetstone along the blade. A million thoughts were spinning around in her head. Laisa, Andre, Cassian, the opium gang- too much.

She shifted her gaze up towards the corner of the room. Next to the table, turned facing the wall, was the chair which Kitrana had made into a makeshift crib. Cradled in cloth and hidden from view, the infant girl was sleeping soundly. Laisa. The girl that someone less fortunate than her had abandoned at a shrine in the graveyard, likely because they could barely even feed themselves without a child to care for. Only now was it sinking in what this meant. She had never even considered having children before now, she had too much to do. The endless work. And yet this girl was a part of the endless work. Every bone in her body, every fiber of her being, her head and her heart screamed at her to care for the child and do everything she could to protect her. There was no other option. She could not entrust anyone else with her, not completely. The child was now, as far as she or anyone else was concerned, hers. Laisa Dawnriver.

And yet it terrified her. More than when she had fought a bear. More than when her order attacked and struck down the tyrant who killed her parents. More than any threat of what the drug dealers could do to her, the thought of doing wrong by this child terrified her. More than ever in her mind, there was no room for error, and yet she knew so little about this sort of thing. She also realized what this meant for her. If she was going to raise this child then she had to take care of herself as well, more than she had before. She could not become selfish and stop helping others, but she had to live. For her, she had to survive and be strong. The opium ring had killed Tavia, and threatened the people of the Landing, but if she was to care for Laisa then she could not fight the ring as much as she wanted to. She had to make a choice between her involvement in Laisa's upbringing and her dedication to fighting off the oppressors of the people of Storm's Landing.

And then there was Andre. Persistent, determined Andre. What was she supposed to tell him? She wasn't interested before and she was twice as uninterested now - things had become complicated enough without her trying to work with a romantic interest. She needed more space from him. She could not spare his feelings over her own need for space and independence. She would have to tell him how she felt and it was as simple as that.

She sighed tiredly, looking back down to the sword. She set aside the whetstone, taking a cloth and wiping down the blade carefully, then sliding it back into its sheath and setting it carefully beside the bed. She laid back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

For the first time in her life, she had to choose between the one and the many.

(Kamaoe )

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    • Player Love Player Love x 3
    • Staff Love Staff Love x 1
  19. Kamaoe

Kamaoe Lord of Altera Staff Member

Character Name:
    Kam
    Alt Name:
    Jaspis
    Race:
    Earthspawn