Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Kvothe Noldor (HeerKarel)

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Name: Kvothe Noldor, First of his name, Master of House Noldor, Lord of Colonia Liberta and Guildmaster of the Merchant's Guild.
Nickname/Alias: none.
Race: Elf
Height: Little over six feet.
Weight: 69 Kilos.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Light blue, close to grey
Skin: Pale
Identifying Marks: None
Appearance: A tall figure, with a harsh look in his eyes, most people tend to get a bit scared when he stares at them.
Strengths: A very keen eye, making him a good archer, because, in his youth, he spent a lot of time with several races, he knows a lot. Also, because of this, and his education at The University, he's a capable builder as well.
Weaknesses and fears: Doesn’t like to lose friends, is slightly uncomfortable with other people, especially females, unless he knows them. He also dislikes the use of violence, but shall use it nonetheless when he needs to. Kvothe also hates the unknown, which is one of the main reasons he tries to remember everything.
Religion and cults: Bilworth and The Grey Lady.
Profession: Is a major of Colonia Liberta, but does all sorts of things. He has a love for trading and knowledge, and spends a lot of time on both of these things.

Backstory
Youth
My name is Kvothe August, born between a human father and an elven mother, I grew up with the Elves. My father left me before I was born, so my mother raised me. As I said, I grew up between the elves, so while I was young, I was educated in the Elven lore, which I shall not recite here, as well as their customs, beliefs and build styles.
When I reached the age of ten, I was exiled, because I was different from the other elven children. The reason of that, I was partially human.
Being exiled meant I'd have to leave everything I hold dear behind, my friends, my possession, and, worst of all, my mother, the only actual family I head, although the Elves are a sort of family, they never really accepted me, because my father was a human. After saying my goodbyes, I left the camp, having no clue on where to go, I just walked.
While I walked, I gathered berries to eat, just before setting up camp, I'd place some traps to catch rabbits, and if I caught anything overnight, I'd have a decent dinner, if not, I'd just walk the next day, and gather more berries.

After a few weeks out in the forest, I reached a small town, with an inn. I did not know a lot about that inn, but within five minutes, I figured out it was a special one, they played music there, but only people who had won a silver set of 'pipes', that's what they called them, were allowed to play in that inn. Now, I overheard two noblemen talking about something called "The University", where one could study everything he or she would wish.
I did not get to finish my education at the Elven camp, so from that moment on, I knew it, I would, no matter what it would cost me, study at The University.
I found a place to sleep on a roof, where I found a small, covered up, space where I could crawl in, and the next morning I set off, towards the university.

The University
After not even three days, I arrived there, making sure I was freshly washed, I went to the Halls of Application, where every new student would have to do a test. I was, by far, the youngest student there, and later on, I learned I was the youngest student ever to get accepted, and, what I did not know yet, I would become the youngest to be expelled as well.
I got accepted into the University and studied there for four years, until a certain event occurred, which meant the end of my time at The University.
Me and my friends were hanging out in the town close to The University, when, all of a sudden, I got extremely tired, and decided to go back to my room, and so I left.
And then, on an already stormy evening, as I was walking back from the inn, towards my room at The University, a fellow student, from whom I knew hated my guts, stepped out of a dark alley in front of me.
“Kvothe, you will hand me your money, and you will leave The University, or I shall gut you now, or, should you say you will, but not do this, at a later point. Even if you go to the Masters, I shall find you, and gut you, before they have a chance to arrest me. You don’t belong Here.”
I was too young, and not strong enough, at that time, to disarm this student, who was close to becoming an adult. So the only option I had left was to use magic to save my life. I was hoping to be able to hide it, but I doubted I could, so it was leave The University and let this person continue his education, or drag him with me in my fall, I decided to go for the latter.
I had just been taught how magick works, and how to call forth a strong gust of wind, I decided I had to test this, and see what it actually did. An orb of air, slightly blue coloured, was gathering in my hand, slowly expanding, and, when I let my concentration drop, shrinking.
“You can see I have used magick, do you still believe I do not belong here?”
And after asking that, he came at me, with his knife, so I had no other choice than to release the powers I held in my hand upon this student.
The Wind struck him, it picked him up, threw him into the air, meanwhile blowing him backwards and threw him back onto the ground. Dead.
Other people saw what happened, but were all amazed by what happened to the student, so they forgot he came at me with a knife, while other people started to make up stories and make it worse, talking about lightning, fire and things that were not at all there.
I ran back to The University, before the crowd would start to gather their wits and come up with the idea to get me.
When I got back to The University, the masters somehow already found out what happened back in town, and so I was called forth to the Hall of the Masters.
Once I got there, I was told I had to leave The University. The masters knew that the student had threatened me with a knife, so they would let me go without handing me over to the townguard.
So I left. I was fourteen years old, exiled from the Elves, expelled from The University, what would happen next?

I travelled then, a lot, and far. I have seen distant countries most people back at The University would only dream of, I have come in contact with several different cultures, and I learned about them. By the time I became eighteen years old, I knew something, if not a lot, about most any culture existing on the continent I lived on.

Port Silver
At some point during my travels, I arrived in a city called Port Silver, it was by far the largest and wealthiest cities I had ever seen in my life. When I got there, I had already gathered some things during my travels. Whenever I got somewhere, I tried finding a job to earn some money, which I would spare to make a living of my own sometime.
Upon arriving in Port Silver, my first goal was to find a place to sleep, since it was a large city to say the least, it did not prove to be a problem at all. I found an inn, where, if I would learn the innkeeper’s son a thing or two, I would be able to sleep overnight under a table and eat whatever the innkeeper’s wife would cook. This was an easy deal, and I gladly accepted it.
Teaching the innkeeper’s son proved to be quite a bit harder than I thought, since the kid appeared to have no brains at all (though he did have them, he did not at all use them, nor did he care about distant cultures). But I tried, and as long as I kept trying, I had a place to sleep and eat.
During the day I was free to explore the city and find myself a job. At some point, and right now I can’t remember how I got there, I walked into an archery tournament. There were two different courses: one for experienced archers, and one for people without any experience at all. Since participation was free, I decided to give it a try. I signed up, and was one of the last to try shooting an arrow into a dummy.
My first attempt was an absolute failure, I hit the dummy, but it was only because it was a large one. A bystander told me to focus, and let the arrow become an extension of my arm. So I tried again, keeping in mind what the bystander told me. And shot.
I hit the dummy, straight in the middle. The crowd, and especially the man who gave me a tip, were all amazed. I was the winner of the tournament, the tournament for the inexperienced that is.
That night I went home, not knowing an officer of the army was following me, I went back to the inn where I was staying.
Once I got there, I sat down for something to eat. The officer entered the inn shortly after me, and sat down at the same table.
“I saw your performance at the tournament today,” he told me, “we can used skilled archers like yourself in the army. You know, we are currently setting up an expedition to a far-away land, and what we lack is skilled archers. Of course, you may want some time to think about this, but we will pay you, pay you good.”
I made up my mind in about three seconds, one second for each point that got my attention: I got to travel, I’d get to learn new cultures and they would pay me. I was going.
“No, I don’t need time to think about that. I will come. I have always wanted to see more of the world, learn about new cultures I did not know, and since I found out I’m not a bad archer myself, I see no need to say no.”
“Excellent, I will drop by again in three days to discuss the final details about this expedition.” And so he left.

When I returned from the expedition, I had seen half of the world, I had enough money to live comfortably until my death, and I had gained enough knowledge for three lives, but I was not at ease. Port Silver no longer felt like something I could possibly feel at home, and one day, when I was walking through the harbour district, I saw a ship I had never seen before. It was large enough to carry loads of goods across an ocean, across half the world!
I walked to it, and asked where it was headed. One of the sailors said they were going to ship cargo to Heaven’s Reach.
I had never heard of that place before, I did not know where it was, or what cultures and people they had there, so I asked the sailor if they could carry a passenger over as well. He called for the captain, and, with the captain, I agreed upon a price for the transport.
The ship would leave in two days, so I had time to gather the few possessions I had left and to say my goodbyes, which were few.
Two days later I was back in the harbour and went aboard the Seahorse, which would carry me across the world. During the voyage, I learned a lot from the crew about ships, seas, weather and where they were from. By that time I had taken habit to writing down everything I learned, so I was gathering a small library on that ship already.
After three months at sea, the ship reached its final destination: Heavens Reach. It was a long and hard journey, across the seas, but I made it, it took me months, but I could finally look upon the most beautiful city I had ever seen, and I knew I was going to live there.
I went to the town hall, where I met Redocs, who asked me if I wanted to live here, I told him I did, and we had a short conversation. He told me he reminded me of a man who used to live in Heavens Reach as well, this man, I learned that day, was my father. He had been an heir to Heavens Reach, which made his, and so mine as well, last name August. Since that day, I have lived in Heavens Reach, working there. I was finally happy and at ease.

After living in Heaven’s Reach for a few years, I met Mara, the most wonderful human I had ever met. Together we shared many happy moments, and eventually got married. After another few years in Heaven’s Reach, I felt like I needed to leave. Something was tearing at me, and I had to explore the world. My love for wisdom and knowledge was calling, and so I left.
I travelled long and far, and eventually started a new town, called Colonia Liberta. Before I got there, I had visited many places, read many books and saw a lot of events happening. All the knowledge I combined in my head, creating links between events, and finding logical reasons why things were happening.
In those years, I grew older, but I went through another change. I started to feel it slightly at first, but now, after I have lived in Colonia Liberta for a while, I feel it’s getting stronger. Not only am I aging, I’m also changing. The human half I had is fading and I’m starting to become more and more Elven. It will not be long now, before my ears start to change and before my human side has completely vanished. But I am keeping my knowledge, even though I am now young for an Elf, I’m old for a human. I shall expand on the knowledge that I have, and use it for the just cause. I shall not take side during wars, but advise those that need to be advised. My name, is Kvothe, born between an Elven mother and a Human father, I have now become an Elf.

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
It is now updated. Please note: several changes have been made to the character, he is now older, wiser, an elf, and hates to use violence, but shall use it if he needs to. He prefers a bow over swords. His name is still Kvothe Noldor and he is still married to Mara Noldor.