Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon Kvothe's Logs

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Well, I figured I'm going to write logs about eventful memories of my character. He actually 'writes them down' as well, and I'll post them here.
This is all from my point of view, some things did happen, some things did not and are made up. I hope you guys enjoy it (please note, it's not always strictly following the lore).

Day 1 – Goodbyes It was past time I left. I said my goodbyes to all my friends and family, my father’s family, in Heaven’s Reach. The ship set sail and left the harbor. For the last time I looked back at the docks, seeing only a few friends remaining behind. Just before the ship departed I had gone below decks to get myself settled. When I turned around and looked at the ship, I saw a group of my closest friends and family, and my wife, Mara, standing on the ship. They had come with me, almost all of them. Entaru, Edward, Petyr, Anithola and Mara. Mara, my love, I hope I can be with you forever.
Day 6 – Port Silver After a few days at sea, the ship docked at Port Silver. We went ashore to find a local inn to stay at. The money we had taken would be enough to sustain us for a long time and claim the land for our new town. After we got settled I went to the land’s officials to arrange a right to claim unclaimed territory. After I got back to the inn, we had a drink and dinner, and called it a day, all being tired from the journey to Port Silver.
Day 11 – The Library We had nearly given up the search for any history about my other half of the family, the Noldor half. Until, after four days in the dusty libraries of Port Silver, I found a book which mentioned the Noldor family, a family of Elves, living near a strangely shaped mountain in the west. After finding a relatively good map of Altera, I took a close look to locate the whereabouts of this mountain. Once I found them, I went back to the inn, and told the others to pack their stuff, we’d be leaving tomorrow.
Day 14 – My history We were underway for a few days, far out of the civilized world. On our way to a harbor where the ships would carry us across into the west. It was a hard time. We had enough food, but it was raining, the wood was wet and we were soaked and cold. It was a hard time, but I wanted to find my family again. The Elves I left at the age of ten. Or was forced to leave… Then, finally, during the afternoon, we found a small village with a captain brave enough to sail us to Riddleport. “That’s as far as I dare to go folks.” The captain told us.
Day 21 – The Next Journey The captain and his crew had brought us safely to Riddleport. Which we left the same day we arrived, wanting to find my family. We set out south, across the big plains, following the mountain range on our right hand side, it would give us shelter during the nights, and shade during the afternoons. It was a long walk, and our food supplies were running low. We had enough to sustain us for a few days more, though.
Day 22 – The Massacre Day 22 since leaving Heaven’s Reach, and it feels like almost everything is still the same. I’ve got my friends around me, and I was about see my family again, or so I thought. Somewhere early in the morning, we got sight of the mountain where my family used to live at. I remembered it all the moment I saw it. The Big tree on top of the mountain, the children playing around a tall mountain at the foot of the hill, while their mothers were watching them… while my mother was watching me. It might have been like that on my last day there, I cannot remember. After two more hours, we reached the foot of the mountain. But there was nobody there. None at all, all there was left behind were the trees. The huts my family used to live in were gone. Reduced to ash. The corpses lay scattered across the field, bows and arrows next to their boney hands. I slowly stumbled upon it. Not really comprehending what I was seeing before me, my family, dead. Slaughtered, butchered, murdered, burned. Gone. Dead. None was alive anymore. The moment it daunted on me what had happened, I raged. No words can describe how I felt, what I said, and what I did. With my bare hands I dug the graves, 41 in total. I put the corpses in the graves, said the Elven ritual aloud, and buried them, all 41. No exceptions. The others suggested we should leave this place behind and go elsewhere. Why? Because they thought I could not handle it. Perhaps they were right, but I wanted to stay. To live up to my family, to rebuild my family. I was the last one alive. I wanted to live here, rebuild the community and give this place the honor it deserves. The great tree, forever living and growing, the one on the top of the mountain and the one at the foot of the mountain, shall always stay there, in the name of my family, I, Kvothe Noldor, shall rebuild this place!

<more to follow>