Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Laptop suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matto225

The White Mage
Finally found out, after 6 months, why Steam won't work for me; when I installed Metro 2033 something went horribly wrong with the Physx drivers it installed, resulting in me not being able to play any Steam games since.

Even though I know what the problem is, I still haven't been able to fix it. For whatever reason, I can't uninstall the drivers, and installing new ones won't work either. I've tried almost everything I can find on the internet, nothing's worked :I Any ideas will be greatly apreciated!

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Try the newest nvidia drivers, i usually install them over and over again if I have problems with my drivers.

Jinx

Lord of Altera
I know how to fix this problem.
1. Shut down your computer
2. Unplug everything from the back of your computer
3. Throw it out the window

Jinx

Lord of Altera
In all seriousness I think your graphics card my not be compatible with these drivers. Sorry.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I'm not sure why you can't uninstall the drivers
Also, I had no trouble with my Metro 2033 >.>

Matto225

The White Mage
Ah well, thanks for the help guys :)

I've nowedited the thread, because i'm going to buy a laptop, any suggestions are welcome! Would like to use it for gaming and school work, so not alien ware XD

Budget of around £500, don't want/need something thats top of the line, but good processor and a decent grapics card are what i'm looking for :)

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Alien ware has flashy lights...
I use a HP Pavillion DV6 laptop for Gaming and School Work, Got Nice graphics and runs quickly and has a lot of space for work
Edit: Listen to Tang

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
*grumbles about Seth's suggestion*

*grumbles furthermore about the idea of buying a laptop*

Anyways, there's a good site: ebuyer.com

It gives you pretty damn good laptops for relatively smaller prices, better for buying components to build yer Pc's yerself.

http://www.ebuyer.com/349219-acer-aspire-5560g-laptop-nx-rurek-001

That's one of the best I could find for around that price, I'm a personal fan of AMD, so I'd always go with them, but it's got 500GB space, where a lot of the £500 laptops only had 320, and the graphics/processor are nice too ;) 4 GB of RAM, which is probably more than enough, so I think it's fine :p

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
*grumbles about Seth's suggestion*

*grumbles furthermore about the idea of buying a laptop*

Anyways, there's a good site: ebuyer.com

It gives you pretty damn good laptops for relatively smaller prices, better for buying components to build yer Pc's yerself.

That's one of the best I could find for around that price, I'm a personal fan of AMD, so I'd always go with them, but it's got 500GB space, where a lot of the £500 laptops only had 320, and the graphics/processor are nice too ;) 4 GB of RAM, which is probably more than enough, so I think it's fine :p
...What he said

Matto225

The White Mage
Alien ware has flashy lights...
I use a HP Pavillion DV6 laptop for Gaming and School Work, Got Nice graphics and runs quickly and has a lot of space for work
Edit: Listen to Tang
Went and had a look at your suggestion, thought it was pretty cool :) But yeah, Tang's Laptop looks pretty damn good :D

I'll probably go with that then, the only thing was, I found the same model for about £100 more and it had 750 Gb on the HDD and 8 GB of RAM - worth it? I'll still probably og with the cheaper model I reckon, thats still pretty damn good :I

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I would recommend my laptop to you, it plays games really well for a laptop and can easily be used for schoolwork. It's an eMachines E640, with a 15.6" screen 6 cell battery that lasts 3 hours. I've never experienced any lag playing any game on this computer (even intensive ones like MC, LoL and C&C Generals) until recently where i've started filling up it's relatively small 250 GB HDD.

Then again, it's family laptop, so it's not only me that uses it, which is why it only took a couple of years to fill 3/4ths of it.

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
Then again, it's family laptop, so it's not only me that uses it, which is why it only took a couple of years to fill 3/4ths of it.
*Has had his laptop for 13 months*
*Has 57.1GB left on his 452GB hard drive*

Don't get a VAIO. They get really hot, really loud and don't have great performance. They're reasonably good, but not great. Oh, and mine cost £700 xD

Matto225

The White Mage

Hmmm, it's good, but I just noticed that the processor's pretty standard.. would that run games alright you reckon? It's 1.5 GHZ

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
To be fair, you're never going to be able to play games on a laptop which is under £1000, well, play them at a good speed, that is :p

It's a quad core processor, and AMD are best for performance in the gaming industry, so I'd have no worry about it. I'm on a laptop i7 which only does 1.7 Ghz :p and that's pretty damn fast.

Matto225

The White Mage
To be fair, you're never going to be able to play games on a laptop which is under £1000, well, play them at a good speed, that is :p

It's a quad core processor, and AMD are best for performance in the gaming industry, so I'd have no worry about it. I'm on a laptop i7 which only does 1.7 Ghz :p and that's pretty damn fast.
Fair do ^.^

I would recommend my laptop to you, it plays games really well for a laptop and can easily be used for schoolwork. It's an eMachines E640, with a 15.6" screen 6 cell battery that lasts 3 hours. I've never experienced any lag playing any game on this computer (even intensive ones like MC, LoL and C&C Generals) until recently where i've started filling up it's relatively small 250 GB HDD.

Hmm, i'm quite liking the look of this as well :3 Descions!

Spark

Broken
One thing ive learnt about Emachines is you get what you pay for. And thats not always a good thing :/

Status
Not open for further replies.