Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lars Ironlung

S

Stevey

Name: Lars
Nickname/Alias: Lars (ikbenlars ingame)
Race: Dwarf
Height: What you on about ? A proper dwarf don't measure his height but his strength !
Weight: Mostly muscle.
Hair: A brownish red beard. I am currently partial to two braids with golden braces.
Eyes: Aye.
Skin: Dwarf.
Identifying Marks: I look like a dwarf what else do you want to know ?
Appearance: Dwarflike
Strengths: Fine Dwarven Qualities.
Weaknesses and fears: Nope.
Religion and cults: I worship the stone.
Profession: Being the High King of the Dwarves of Karuk-Thol

Background:
Lars is a dwarf of modest stature as is common amongst dwarves. As a child he grew up in an enclave of dwarves, but he mostly learned to raise himself. Hardened and weathered in his early life, he grew bitter towards the other races -especially elves-. He has a tendency to compare everything to a dwarf.

Thoughout his adolescent Lars became enchanted by stories of his Dwarven ancestors, and tales of a lost and forgotten Fortress; Karuk-Thol. After tracking down his lineage Lars found out he is a direct descendant of the Ironlung clan. Though because the details around his parents particularily vague, this fact has been contested by many. Not by Lars himself ofcourse. The Ironlung clan were the last holders of Karuk-Thol before it fell. Driven by his claims to ancestroy and whispers of the location of Karuk-Thol, Lars set out into the world to find more information about his fortress.

In his early adult years Lars roamed Altera in search of clues. Clues came in bits and pieces, mostly old traveler accounts and dusty tomes. Most said that the dwarves of Karuk-Thol killed committed suicide by throwing themselves into the void of their central staircase. They remain unclear about the actual cause, some of them hint at redstone sickness but others say they simply dug too deep and hit an unmentioned evil. It is even said it was the Queen of Grief herself that drove them into the void!

When he finally found the location of his Fortress Lars assembled a team and set out into the frozen wastes of Northern Altera to find Karuk-Thol. Amongst those were what would later become his most trusted companions; Bassa Voldenhelm, Barry Greyhair, and Salerk Silverstone. Barry was to become the Fortress' tinkerer and redstone technician.

When they found the fortress it was in ruins and abandoned, only a tiny shell of it's former self. Lars set out with his newly found team to rebuild the Fortress to it's former glory. The Fortress soon rised in popularity attracting many new settlers, both dwarf and non dwarf. Even some dwarven women joined the fortress, although much to Lars' dismay they did not grow beards.

The Fortress prospered and it's gates stood against multiple bandit and pirate attacks. It even withstood 'the anarchy' where the demon went crazy because someones liver was stolen. But after the pirates succesfully invaded the Fortress it all went downhill. One of their potions hit Lars and he was struck by illness.In Lars' absence the Fortress fell ever more quiet and when the corruption struck the Fortress could not stand against the cluthes of the Queen of Grief.

Upon recovery Lars reflected back on his life. He had been a loud and rowdy dwarf all his life, ordering people around and demanding respect for his alleged royal heritage. The war with the pirates started because he demanded tribute and started breaking things when they did not comply. He pushed away many out of his Fortress with his behavior and was never able to find a suitable wife. He decided to allow his general, Hrothgar, lead the dwarves to a new home and to spend some time on his own.

After much reflection and the graying of his hairs, Lars decided it was time to devote his life to a better cause. He was not sure yet what this should be, but he felt he was dishonoring his ancestry by what he was doing now.

matyio

The original mute
Let's see if this uptime I get any roleplay done with you... Now how would you reacte to a living shadow, or a mute musician?

S

Stevey

Let's see if this uptime I get any roleplay done with you... Now how would you reacte to a living shadow, or a mute musician?
I don't believe in magic and I'll sing a long. Called Ironlung for a reason.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Height: What you on about ? A proper dwarf don't measure his height but his strength !
Eyes: Aye.
Skin: Dwarf.
Identifying Marks: I look like a dwarf what else do you want to know ?
Appearance: Dwarflike
Strengths: Fine Dwarven Qualities.
Are you a Dwarf by any chance, Lars? :p

Eyes? Aye... Pahahahaha :D

meinheld

Villager
This character is actually about 840 years old in dwarf years you would know what im talking about if you play DnD and thats actually quite young