Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lavoyarde Builder's Union

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Umm... Masonic Lodges have elected positions.
We're in a fantastic world with dragons, gods and goat people, can't we also go wild on the administration? ;)

Also, in the OP, you may want to look up the definition of "edification."
The French word ''édification'', from which the english word edification comes from directly means ''to build''.
You have my deepest excuses if that does not quite match your perception, or the english perception, but i'll still stick to using it for its original meaning! ^-^

Narvendel

Lord of Altera
We're in a fantastic world with dragons, gods and goat people, can't we also go wild on the administration? ;)

The French word ''édification'', from which the english word edification comes from directly means ''to build''.
You have my deepest excuses if that does not quite match your perception, or the english perception, but i'll still stick to using it for its original meaning! ^-^
Oh, I have no issue with the IG administration, just making you aware that the Freemasons IRL aren't organized that loosely.

As for the origin of the English "edification," if you wanna get nitpicky, it came from Late Latin's aedificatio (meaning to instruct or improve spritually) and Middle English's edify (meaning build). Aedificare (Latin), which is the progenitor word for aedificatio (also Latin) spawned édifier (French), which in turn gave way to edify (Middle English). In that last sentence, all but aedificatio mean build, if you're going by the 14th century archaic meanings. However, edification, as part of the English language, isn't from French.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Cool story, but you misunderstood my point, I think.
I was not trying to be nit-picky, only tried to courteously inform you that i didn't give a damn about what it meant in English, or if according to your tongue, i misused it, since I am a french speaker and used it for the french and related-to-subject meaning of it, which is building.

I suppose some people always need to win, huh?

Last edited:

Narvendel

Lord of Altera
It wasn't about winning, I just abhor when false information is spread, intentionally or not.

If you're using an English word, you should use it with the English meaning, else it ceases to be an English word and becomes a simple string of symbols, nullifying the point of language. If you wanted to get your point across in accordance to the definition in French, perhaps you should've used the French word.

When people misuse words, even in this situation, it's equivalent to when people misused "literally" so much that the definition was updated to include the definition for it's exact opposite, being figuratively. It irks me terribly.

Narvendel

Lord of Altera
No, I get it. You don't care about misusing a language, and became condescending when I pointed it out initially, prompting my attempt to edify you. ;)

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
No, I get it. You don't care about misusing a language, and became condescending when I pointed it out initially, prompting my attempt to edify you. ;)
What i care about is spam on my threads, however, for horribly useless details that shouldn't affect anyone unrelated in the first place. ;)

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
Your both pretty.. But I don't think any of this matters.. at all.. Please refrain from going off topic, the topic being a group of people who live in Lavoyard coming together to better organize the building of their city, and outlaying towns.

In which case..

Ave Monsieur Architect! leader of the free world, and grand mason of all construction, both physically, and governmental on all accounts.

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
HogoShi_Kitsune
HogoShi_Kitsune
Legend
I am in need of a house, my good sirs and madams!

Requester: Admiral James Fairborne, Lavoyarde Navy
Request: A home large enough for a family and guests. Should have at least 4 individual bedrooms (one master, 3 guest), a master bath, a guest bath, dining area, kitchen, and attic/basement storage.
Funds: (I don't know if this is required or not) Lavoyarde Navy Funds
Additional Info: The guest bedrooms should have enough room for a double bed, carpeted floors, and the basic workbench and furnace combo, as well as a "closet" built with doors and double chests.

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
I am in need of a house, my good sirs and madams!

Requester: Admiral James Fairborne, Lavoyarde Navy
Request: A home large enough for a family and guests. Should have at least 4 individual bedrooms (one master, 3 guest), a master bath, a guest bath, dining area, kitchen, and attic/basement storage.
Funds: (I don't know if this is required or not) Lavoyarde Navy Funds
Additional Info: The guest bedrooms should have enough room for a double bed, carpeted floors, and the basic workbench and furnace combo, as well as a "closet" built with doors and double chests.
The Builder's Union has seen your request.. We assume you are requesting a noble house?
Once you are online again and available we must hash out your request further.

@Samchrist

@Hogo-Sha Kitsune

Last edited: