Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Le other ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aw3s0m3n3ss

Villager
Nothing more to rather say than i never knew redstone repeaters made the server lag, Just try to test out redstone :/

Corey

Loyal Servant of Altera
I mentioned it to him but I dont think he heard me then later sally came destroyed it and about 1 hour after that they go back and find another 1

Tantara

Resigned Admin
I mentioned it to him but I dont think he heard me then later sally came destroyed it and about 1 hour after that they go back and find another 1
Could've just been a misunderstanding and he may have assumed it was a rollback. Idk, but I think he should have been warned before a perm ban... Even jail time would have been harsh if he hadn't known
I feel like I don't know the whole story, but this seems harsh

Nice signature, corey :)

Corey

Loyal Servant of Altera
Could've just been a misunderstanding and he may have assumed it was a rollback. Idk, but I think he should have been warned before a perm ban... Even jail time would have been harsh if he hadn't known
I feel like I don't know the whole story, but this seems harsh

Nice signature, corey :)
ehhwait for sally ;o they seemed pretty mad at him

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Good idea tantara as repeating redstone circuits and generators are clearly stated as against the rules in the rules section of the forum AND the wiki. You all should have read the rules when you joined and check them regularly for updates. If you didn't then you lied on your application and its your own fault.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
He was warned quite a few times. darthcorey said he warned him, I came to the scene, destroyed it and when he rebuilt it I slapped him, told him they weren't allowed and he ran off so I wrecked it again. He said in game he received my warning so a ban appeal's a bit pointless when you were already warned clearly enough and just ignored it out of curiosity. If you wanted to figure out redstone, do it in SP where it will only harm you :I

Wycroe

Legend of Altera
Good idea tantara as repeating redstone circuits and generators are clearly stated as against the rules in the rules section of the forum AND the wiki. You all should have read the rules when you joined and check them regularly for updates. If you didn't then you lied on your application and its your own fault.
Hey Steel, just looked at the Wiki ripples and I didn't see a rule against red stone repeaters or circuits. I'm not arguing the case for Aw3, since I clearly remember reading that rule in the forums, I just wanted to know if I missed it somewhere on the Wiki, or if it somehow got missed when the rules were posted there...

EDIT:
I did find one reference to redstone, do please ignore my above post....

16. Cobblestone generators whether they be natural or powered by redstone or pistons are not allowed. Neither are automated redstone or piston constructions that are likely to put strain on our server. All complex redstone circuits should be shown to an admin before being fully constructed.

Tantara

Resigned Admin

Redstone repeaters are not specifically in the rules, actually.

I've actually read the tome a couple of times and the only thing that it says about redstone is that nothing automated is allowed. Nothing complex is allowed either, but complexity is very subjective. I never use redstone, so I have no clue as to whether or not a repeater makes something automated (idk if it's used with levers or what).

I didn't lie and have been on the server long before the ToC even existed (although the rules are still pretty much the same). Please don't be so hostile to me for not understanding the in depth use of redstone or for misinterpreting vague wording :(

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
16. Cobblestone generators whether they be natural or powered by redstone or pistons are not allowed. Neither are automated redstone or piston constructions that are likely to put strain on our server. All complex redstone circuits should be shown to an admin before being fully constructed.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
The reason redstone causes lag(especially when you have loops) is that each redstone block everywhere in the world requires one bit every time it changes state. So when you just flip a lever to activate de-activated redstone, thats only 1 bit and the server has no problem. When you have something that repeats however, every single block of redstone that is part of the loop also requires one bit, but at a much faster rate, since it changes state every "tick". A single repeater(a circuit, not the block) on the server isnt likely to cause lag, but if we allowed them then there would be several and that would. It gets exponentially worse if the loops is hooked up to pistons.
Anything that can change state without player input is bound to cause lag. So if you see a circuit and its constantly changing states, tell an admin.

Regardless, it is in fact in the rules, and he was warned several times. Just earlier, in the other ban appeal, he said "ban accepted" and again did what he wanted regardless of warnings from admins.
I say Permaban, he clearly doesnt respect our authority here, he just does what he wants, regardless of consequences.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
no kidding. Twice within 24 hours he was banned for blatant defiance.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Frankie, no more insults on ban appeals. I thought wed been over this before on that one about the swastika.
DO NOT POST ON BAN APPEALS IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO ADD.
Poor behavior will not be accepted from anyone, regardless of the target.

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
Frankie, no more insults on ban appeals. I thought wed been over this before on that one about the swastika.
DO NOT POST ON BAN APPEALS IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO ADD.
Poor behavior will not be accepted from anyone, regardless of the target.
Swastika?
What swastika?

Status
Not open for further replies.