Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

learning how to art

Moosh

Lord of Altera
Hero
Pronouns
He/Him
Mooshroommanic
Mooshroommanic
Hero
Hello, I have recently been inspired by all the awesome artists who have been posting stuff here to try and learn how to draw. I have very little experience other than taking art in middle school and I wasn't very good. However I want to try and get better at it because it's really fun. Also I watched The Owl House and I can't stop drawing the characters. If you haven't watched it go do it now.
Anyways. I am pretty much starting from scratch so any tips on how to art good are much appreciated. I may or may not respond to criticism... it depends on how much adderall I took on a given day. I hope I can try and upload at least a page's worth every day. If I don't feel free to DM me telling me to go draw :)

to reiterate... i pretty much have 0 drawing experience. about half of it is tracing, which i feel is a good place to start. so take the OCness of it with a grain of salt.
also... for now it's all in my US history notebook. was this too much text for something this simple? the adderall is wearing off.

DAY 1 - 11/28/22
Art_112822.pngArt2_112822.png

Moosh

Lord of Altera
Hero
Pronouns
He/Him
Mooshroommanic
Mooshroommanic
Hero
I have switched to a smaller notebook to try and pace it a little better

Day 2
Art2_112922.png

Art_112922.png

Veradite

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Pronouns
She/Her
Veradite
Veradite
Blessed
Love to see it! How fun :) the fastest way I learned was studying a lot of masterworks and practicing shape and form. Then anatomy, then light and shadow.....there isn't a hard, fast rule about studying art, but it's safe to say starting from discipline to then learn how to effectively break the "rules" lends itself to fun results.

It's also a lifelong thing of learning.
You will never be done learning and that's the true beauty~

Last edited:

Moosh

Lord of Altera
Hero
Pronouns
He/Him
Mooshroommanic
Mooshroommanic
Hero
I have taken Veradite's suggestion into account so I will try to learn how to do basic anatomy. Also I might not post every day and instead just post a bunch of stuff together from now on.
Day 3
Art2_12122.pngArt_12122.pngArt3_12122.png

Moosh

Lord of Altera
Hero
Pronouns
He/Him
Mooshroommanic
Mooshroommanic
Hero
Tough week due to finals and other things, hopefully I can be a bit more productive with practice.
Also naming them as days doesn't make much sense now that it's probably more of a weekly thing.
121222Art.png

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
These are already turning out cool! (Imagine the weary emoji here, as if the forums didn’t eat it…) If you ever seek ideas of what to make… I would thoroughly love to see moosh-style practice art Laicelem some day

hayhaiya

Official Alteran
Patron
Pronouns
She/Her
HayHai
HayHai
Patron
Tough week due to finals and other things, hopefully I can be a bit more productive with practice.
Also naming them as days doesn't make much sense now that it's probably more of a weekly thing.
Oh god it's Eirlys in a grumpy mood, everyone run!

Meilline

Loyal Servant of Altera
Meilline_Sasame
Meilline_Sasame
I notice the scribbled hands, considering the style you're going for (cartoon I think ?) you can let go of the little finger and just draw 4 fingers like sausages !

If you want I can send you some videos I used to learn that sort of stuff :D