Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Legendary Weapons of Altera

dracoboy2

Lord of Altera
The ability to name weapons has given us so many roleplay opportunities, so why not write them up?

This thread is for you to write however much you want about your named sword. Post the name and material, as well as a little (or big) story, and they will be added to the list. So go, this is your chance to be creative and if you really are a warrior, then why not tell your trusty weapon of choice's tale!

Remember these items must exist and I will check all of them before they are added to the list!

Name: The Stormbringer
Item: Sword
Material: Diamond
Owner: Jarl Draco Lonmar (dracoboy2)
Enchantments: (disclosed)

Name: Elven Grace
Item: Bow
Material: String/Sticks/Gold
Enchantments: Power IV, Punch I, Flame I, Infinity I
Owner: Leorthor Ararodwen (Jagster08)

Name: The Elven crown
Item: Helmet
Material: Diamond/Mithril
Enchantments: Protection III, Respiration III

Name: The Black Cube
Item: Obsidian Block
Material: Obsidian
Owner: The Great Demon, Queen Grief
Enchantments: n/a

Ok, I only accept swords with stories now, I will do my own soon. This is because, well quite frankly, anyone can put "Uber awesome sword- diamond, no enchant" that has no real meaning in roleplay. My sword, and any others owned by house leaders will be included without stories as they are, in roleplay, legendary figures.

Another point. Could you explain a bit about why it is relevant to altera and legendary (and please, please have real lore approved details not just "my god game me the sword and it is ubzor and hold").

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
The three swords of power
(spear correct me if im wrong) - have done.

Oathbringer- Sword, Diamond, enchantments: (disclosed)
Blade gifted to the paladin Axex, created by Harateth and only wielded by those who take the strongest oath at the highest price. The blade grants Harateths strength to those who would take up the path of true justice.

Lightkeeper- Sword, Diamond, Enchantments: (disclosed)
Blade of the wise, Sister blade to the Oathbringer previously wielded by Coelum Lightbringer, It is passed from Archmage to Archmage.

Dawnbringer-Sword, Diamond, enchantments: (disclosed)
The life givers blade, brother blade of the Oathbringer, Gifted to Harateth from Shalherana, once used to seal portals created by queen grief it is now hidden somewhere on the mortal plane, few know its whereabouts.

Edit: yes they exist, no you cannot see them for strong RP reasons....

(ill add in a story later, just need to find the book :I)

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera
Name: The Kitten Slayer
Item: Battleaxe
Enchantments: None
Owner: High Priest of Kilrox Markus Groothart
Backstory/Description: Forged in the heat of the Cathedral of Blood, tempered by the blood of newly born ocelots, freshly drained from their veins. The axe was made in honor of the Bloody Lord, for his cruelty is everlasting. The weapon is not superior to another diamond axe, except for the way it has been ritually blessed, by the slaughter of 100 kittens. To keep the axe in good shape the owner needs to butcher at the very least a kitten every week, although this may be replaced with a greater victim, as long as it holds as much innocence as the formerly mentioned. This usually ensures the enemy forces to be intimidated by the cruelty of the wielder.

"... For thou will slaughter all, innocent and guilty, children and adult, animal and human, starting with the smallest and most harmless, slowly increasing your target untill empires bleed on the blade of my axe..."
-Scriptures of the Bloody Lord

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
Seeing as this thread was my idea and Draco just beat me to posting it... I'm suggesting a better, easier to use format for submitting items

Name: Elven Dominance
Enchantments:Sharpness IV, Knockback II Fire Aspect I
Backstory/Description: The Sword was created to be taken as a literal term to early Elven texts, the blade has great power and can easily cut down an armed opponent in a few hits.
This blade is large enough to be wielded into both hands, but yet is light enough to easily wield in one hand. It features a curved diamond blade with a Mithril hilt, explaining it's size and weight. The hilt is curved down towards and over the users hands in order to protect them from being injured whilst in combat.

"...And I grant you dominion over all you see before you, but be wary for the night is dark and filled with terrors. So you shall strike down these terrors with great vengeance and furious anger upon all who would attempt to poison and destroy your brothers. And they will know your name is the Lord when you lay your dominance upon them..."
-Extract from scripture detailing Shalherana addressing the first elves

Name: Elven Grace
Material: String/Sticks/Gold
Enchantments: Power IV, Punch I, Flame I, Infinity I
Backstory/Description: This Bow was fletched by an unknown master elven artisan, it features intricate carvings of various animals and has shaped lion heads smelted from gold at each end, holding the bow string in place.

"...But however strong you must become, you must never descend into savagery. Maintain your grace and dignity throughout all troubles, and the world shall be a much better place, free from the strife which..."

Name: The Elven crown
Enchantments: Protection III, Respiration III
Backstory/Description: Whilst this crown may not be the true crown from legend, but it has properties of said legendary crown. It may appear to be a small crown made a silvery material with a large amount of diamond gems set all around the edge, but yet it offers a large amount of protection from attacks and allows the user to breathe for some time underwater. It is said that this helmet once belonged to a powerful battlemage, whom it protected for some time until the point of his death.

"...And this will be a symbol of my blessing, a crown so beautifully detailed and expertly forged. It may look frail and but a mere piece of gemstone, but it holds a tiny fraction of my true power over the land and seas..."

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
Name: Archbishops Helm
Material: Gold, Dyed Red Silk
Enchantments: Blast Protection III
Owner: Daniel Van Hyde
Backstory/Description

A helm of Holy Might, some say it was forged by Rahas and given to the first Archbishop of Might after he killed a tyrannical baron of a town single handed centuries ago. Its ornate carvings detail how the first archbishop killed the tyrant by letting a creeper into his room.the only thing left was a helmet, unscathed by the explosion

" I look upon this helm and I see the plight of man, I take this frail metal helm and forge it to represent a beacon against tyrany"

-Rahas speaking to Archbishop Hyperion I

C

Cubey

Name: The Golden Sword of Fire
Material: Golden
Owner: The Great Demon

The Golden Sword of Fire is magic sword which can casts fire, fireball and firenova. The Sword was forged in the Nether.

Name: The Black Cube
Item: Obsidian Block
Material: Obsidian
Owner: The Great Demon, Queen Grief

The Black Cube has different types are:

* One block Crystal Ball
* Large blocks used for spawn a portal
* One Block used for magics

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Name: Victas
Material: Gold, Ebony wood.
Owner: Lord Magnus Arcturus IV
Enchants: No magical stain seem to touch this blade...
Backstory/Description

Forged with the purest gold found in the southern mines, Victas was a consecrated sword given to the first of the Arcturians. An holy blade, it as never needed repair, sharpening or polishing, since it seems to repel dust and absorb enemy attacks, allowing for easy blocks for its wearer. Since the Crimson Wars, it was forgotten in the Harlausian Vaults, but as recently fallen into the holy grasp of Lord Arcturus.

-This, holy artifact, shall serve the Mighty and Valorous Crusader until he falls... Thee shall be vanquished by its saintly power, it goes with the hope and honor of the Gods.

-Regulus I the Ironside, first Grand Master of the former Crusade.

Miner

Lord of Altera
Name: Hiril Gurth (Meaning, Lady Death or Lady of Death)
Enchantments: Looting III, Sharpness IV
Owner: Leader of The Elven Hoods, Zoren Halfdawn
Backstory/Description: Hiril Gurth, as most know it, was beleived to have been created by the god of luck, Jax, himself. After creation he entrusted it to the greatest elven swordsman of the time, Dorah Halfdawn. It has been passed down through the generations to be lost by a man known as Carh, a theif. He took the sword and was killed later by an unknown cause. Some say he was killed by Jax for stealing the sword. It was then lost for 200 years. After those years, (Warning: reference to the King Arthur legend I'm pretty sure :p) a man named Zoren, another Halfdawn, found the sword embedded in a rock. As he pulled it out, he felt something magical go through his body and the sword easily lifted out of the rock. Hiril Gurth has become stronger than ever recorded.

That's what I call a backstory :D :p

Proof will be in a second :)

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
Name: Gram (Yes I did steal the name from norse mytholgi)
Material: Diamond and a stick
Type: Sword
Enchaants None (Yet..)
Owner: Vidar Lonmar
Backstory: To be edited in when I'm on a computer...

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Name: Basil Brush Hawklight
Material: Flesh, bone... Uhm... Other Human materials, and silky robes.
Type: Insane Pyromancer
Enchantments: Flame V, Flame Resist II
Backstory: Basil was a thief, travelled to the North and became a mugger... A long story filled with insanity and murder later, he is one of the most feared beings in Altera besides for Queen Grief.

"There is no addrenaline rush comparable to that of ending a life in the most torturous, cruel and most of all insane way possible."

- Basil Brush Hawklight I the Pyromancer, Unchallenged Tormenter of the Peasantry

Erlewis

Lord of Altera
This is actually a sword I came up with when I first joined the Golden Crusaders. Soon, though, it is to be melted down by Abel, a good friend of mine, and re-made into a far greater sword...
Name: Thievesbane
Material: Steel, and leather for the grip.
Enchantments: Sharpness II
Owner: Erlewis Jzarga
Backstory/Description: A sword create by the smith Abel for the distinct purpose of hunting down and slaying bandits in the Southern Wilds. However... it has never tasted mortal blood, only feasted on the souls of the monsters of the dark places. As it is re-made, it longs to have the dark pleasure of blood...

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
Name: Wind of the Desert
Material: String / Sticks / Leather / Skeleton Bones / Iron bars / Flint and Steel
Enchantments: Power V, Flame I, Infinity I
Owner: J'Dar Kahest (BraveRubberDuck)

After so many years of hunting, and with all the secrets that my own father, a hunter, shared with me, I ended up personalizing and tweaking my bow in all the ways that I could. Using iron bars to reinforce the main structure, I found out that it was a lot harder to pull it back, but one single arrow could crush several melons in a row, without even slowing down.

But even if you have a powerful bow, if you cannot aim correctly, it wont do you any good. That's where an old traveler helped me. He was a craftsmen, and had developed some sights and arrow support for bows, as well as a system that light the arrows on fire at the exact moment as they were shot. He told me that that way, the meat would already be cooked wen the animal died, making it much more tasteful that those who cook the meat only a couple of hours later. He was too old to hunt by himself, so he gave them to me in exchange of some food that I've hunted the day before. God knows what is made of that old man nowadays...

The last part, was more of a finding. I was at a tavern, just grabbing a last meal since I was planning to continue my journey during the night, to cross a small desert that was standing in between the tavern and the next town. The bartender was saying that I was crazy to cross it during the night, but with the high temperatures that that place hits during the day, the night time was my only option. As I pick my sack, a couple of lads asked if they could join me, since they as well were going to the same town. They told me that we needed to move quickly, since monsters usually wander around that desert during the night, but that was no problem for me. I gathered my belongings and waited for them outside, as the sun starts to set, giving us enough time to get to the desert already during the night time. As we set foot it the still warm sand, we do see some monsters on the horizon, but decided to keep going. As long as they don't see us, we should be okay. But they were getting close as we moved, and those two guys really did not understood the idea of "going low". It was just a matter of time until they saw us...
All of the sudden, an arrow flies by us. Then another. And another. Apparently we had some skeletons tracking us down. Lucky for us, I did spot a sandstorm approaching us from the south. I told them to stay down, and cover themselves with their capes. The skeletons were getting closer, but as soon as they pass the last dune, the storm surrounds us. I cover my face with my scarf, leaving only my ears and my eyes out. The skeletons could not see anything due to the storm, and they spread out trying to find us. It's time to shine...

A couple of minutes later, the storm follows his path, leaving in his trail burned skeletons, with their skulls cracked open by my arrows. The two fellas were still trying to take the sand out of their boots wen they saw the burned bones. "I heard stories about this storms, of how deadly they can be. But I didn't know the winds of the desert had such a devastating power.", one of them said, still amazed with all the bones. "Yes, the Wind of the Desert..." I said, looking at my bow. It suits him well.

We were ready to leave, and continue our journey to the town, wen I saw something near one of the bone piles. It was a strange quiver, made out of some old leather. Mine was already damaged with the use, and I was planning to buy a new one, so I may as well pick this one up. It was empty wen I picked it up, and as soon as I placed one arrow inside, the arrow got stuck and the hole a lot tighter, leaving only space for that one arrow. I was confused, and picked up my old quiver again. Probably my mind playing tricks with me, it's just an old quiver for only a couple of arrows. But before I threw it to the grown, I tried to remove my arrow. As soon as I started pulling it out, another one came up. And then another one. And another one... It was a skeleton quiver. After you shoot one of those arrows, even if you try to pick it up, your hand will go trough it like if it was not there, leaving only a smokey outline of were the arrow use to be. And a brand new one will appear from inside the quiver.

To this day, I still have no clue how does that thing works... But at least I know that I won't run out of arrows wen I'm hunting in the Wind of the Desert.

Proof of existence:​
2012-11-06_04.35.53.png

(You asked for a background story, here you go :p)

Roablade

Loyal Servant of Altera
Name: Scorpio
Item: Talwar
Material: A Rhewdur blade with a Diamond fuller. Has an Ivory cross-guard(With the name 'Scorpio' engraved on it), grip and hilt.
Enchantments: Bane of Arthropods V, Looting III
Owner: Drowan Hawklight
Backstory/Description: This blade's story begins with it's cooperative forging by a Frostpeak dwarf and a human bandit for the sole purpose of being the weapon of the Chief of an unofficial clan of desert bandits. The Chief had led his subordinates through the community's transition from a farming village to their current state, earning the respect of his allies and fear of his enemies. When he died his son inherited his position and the blade, and when he died his own son inherited his position and blade. However, dark times fell upon the clan as a plague swept through the community, slowly giving most of the bandits a slow and torturous death. The Chief succumbed to the plague as well, and with no heir he entrusted the family heirloom, Scorpio, to the remaining bandits which had not fallen victim to the plague and commanded them to leave the land. However, the group never made it through the desert and the sword was lost for several years...

Until a young man 14 years of age literally stumbled upon it half buried in the sand, picked it up, didn't bother to find out if it was owned by anyone and started using it to cut cacti for water. The blade, being held in the hands of a sentient being after so long, began to hum in anticipation...

W

wakerman4

Name: Gromm's Axe
Item: Axe
Material: Iron
Enchanntments: None
Owner: Gromm
Backstory: Gromm's brother made it for him, so he kept it locked up in a bin for a while.
When an assassin tryed killing him, Gromm grabbed the axe and found a love for it.
It may be simple, but it's a treasure to Gromm, and he hopes never to lose it.
Also, it's the only gift his brother gave him.