Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon Life

CthulhuPeople

Lord of Altera
Iron

The taste of metal clear in my mouth, as is the warm fluid quickly drying on my hands in the cold. I haven’t eaten in two days, this one has. I feel a sharp pain stuck in my leg and roll off. Cut on my leg from the shard of something. Can’t think straight. Give the bastard his shard back. Watch more fluid run out.

I get home. Hear a murder. Not like I can judge. I have to rush to the street to toss up whatever water I had in me all over the stones. Just like after all the duels. I move back inside for the night, unsure what I will do tomorrow for food. I feel weak.

The sun rises and there’s a commotion. Some sort of street fight. I know them both. Soon I’ll only know one. Half-limp towards the soon to be loser’s bedroll. Steal his dagger, his loaf of bread, his bedroll. Might need to move after this.

Close my eyes for a bit at the stables. Hear a man talking to me. Says something about something. Kicks me to get my attention. Eyes open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soft

Mother calls me home for the day. She’s not my real mother, of course, but she’s my mother! We live in a small place in the forests. She likes it here and says we are lucky. I don’t have many friends though. I get home and there’s a man there. He’s making mother cry, so I run over and yell at him. Then he hits me, and my head hurts.

Mother says I shouldn’t yell at people. She says I should keep quiet. I try to tell her that he was mean, and she says she thinks so too, but I was rude. I didn’t feel rude. She never yells like this.

She made some sort of meat for dinner. She’s never made this. She’s acting strange. Maybe it was the man. He looked a bit fat. Like a great big blueberry. The meat tastes strange and sweet. Never have sweet meat before. Mother is crying when I eat it. She never cries.

She lets me sleep in her bed tonight. Sometimes I get to do that, when it’s extra cold like now. She looks thinner than in the summer now. My head feels a bit funny, and so does my belly. She says it’s nothing and says I should go to bed. She starts crying again.

In the morning she is gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Company

Georgi says it’s for the best. Besides, he’s already gone stiff. His shoes should fit me. Though he’s a bit on the plump side and I’m honestly surprised we took him down. That sabre of his, wherever he threw it, was swinging around and around wildly. Might have been drunk. Not anymore.

We strip him down and split the clothing to each of us. I take the shoes. Georgi gets the coat. Fine red with a fur collar. Smelled of whatever the nobles drink, though he wasn’t a noble. That much was clear. Just trying to be one. Probably a footpad.

The forests are as black as tar. Georgi leads on with a candle as not to attract attention. No telling who would jump out if we had a torch. Too many wolves out here. We hear them howling.

We reach our tree. A small platform atop it, made from scrapped nails and wood. Decent enough for us. Saves us from people. Once we reach the summit, Georgi looks at my shoes. Nice shoes. Too fancy for me. I laugh. Georgi doesn’t.

Sun’s coming up. Georgi isn’t up yet. I am. Look over at my new dagger. Earn a new red coat.

Last edited: