Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lore questions/queries

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Hey guys,

Cherry, our lore-master, has had to take a break from the server for a little while. In the meantime, if you have any lore questions/queries, please flick them my way via PM and I'll do my best to answer them as quickly as I can.

Will post again when this changes.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Will the new flora and fauna on the map (Should there be any) be more high fantasy, or low fantasy? Like, are the griffins the most fantasy-esque thing we're gonna see? Or just the tip of the iceberg?

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
We're working on it. Obviously, things have slowed down a little without Cherry, but yes.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Could there maybe be a compiled list of questions that people ask on this thread with the answers, so people don't repeatedly ask them? This sounds pretty nice. c:

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Cherry being gone absolutely mangled the previous campaign into a mess that broke lore and was done with many desperate moves by our great event team with what they had available to them. Are we going to see a pause on events until her return? Luckily the main campaign has ended.

To add onto this with an edit, it also created a huge disconnect from how things were running OOC and removed any connection that might've been had with those actions IC - Are we going to see a large slow down on things that require heavy amounts of lore?

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Also, will we be seeing new alloys/metals/ stuff in that area? Or are we still going to be using the same kinda stuff?
Could there maybe be a compiled list of questions that people ask on this thread with the answers, so people don't repeatedly ask them? This sounds pretty nice. c:
also I +1 this

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Cherry being gone absolutely mangled the previous campaign into a mess that broke lore and was done with many desperate moves by our great event team with what they had available to them. Are we going to see a pause on events until her return? Luckily the main campaign has ended.

To add onto this with an edit, it also created a huge disconnect from how things were running OOC and removed any connection that might've been had with those actions IC - Are we going to see a large slow down on things that require heavy amounts of lore?
Of course there's going to be a slow down. We'll try to keep it minimal of course and keep things running as smoothly as possible, but I'd be crazy (and lying) if I said things will still move as fast as if our lore coordinator was here. Events will also continue, don't worry about them stopping.

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Also, will we be seeing new alloys/metals/ stuff in that area? Or are we still going to be using the same kinda stuff?

also I +1 this
At least for now, I'm not planning on any big new lore releases. I'm hoping and expecting Cherry's absence to be fairly short lived, and we can reassess things like alloys and metals then, as well as continuing on with planned releases.

The reason I've asked for PMs and not thread for questions is because from what I've seen, lore questions very easily turn into long winded discussions. I don't mind answering the same question from multiple people different times, and I hope you all appreciate it's easier for me to keep track of individual conversations. Again, I'm a temporary fix until Cherry comes back so this shouldn't last for too long.

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Do Iron Golems exist? If so, in what way? (Also on that note, can I submit a campagin idea that I've written out?)

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
If you can't follow this, it means you haven't read what I said in the very first post, so I'm just not gonna answer because I assume you're not gonna read that either.
I'm sorry, I wasn't entirely awake when I first read it, and I feel like I prompted all the posting X_X

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
To be honest, it happens on lots of threads across the server so don't beat yourself up too much.

Tohm

Lord of Altera
I have a question regarding Caparii.

When a Caparii utilizes a "bootie horn", does the bootie call function as an aphrodisiac to all Caparii within earshot?

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
An excerpt from the Caparii sub-race lore:

"The Reds: The reds are the hairiest and most feral of the Caparii. Often preferring a solitary existence to village life they typically only meet to mate. A lonely Red in search of a companion will traditionally blow a huge and often ornate horn known as a Bootie. these haunting notes resonate through the forests of Altera and are aptly named Bootie Calls."