Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Marcelo Scorpetti

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Marcelo Scorpetti

Name: Marcelo Scorpetti
Full Titles: He has no ranks or titles.
Nickname/Alias: None as of yet.

(I'd really like something a bit more medieval and less froofy renaissance, but the face is pretty much spot on. If anyone could help me with this I'd be ever so thankful.)

KEY INFORMATION:
Race: human
Social Status: presents himself as merchant class
Sexuality: heterosexual
Height: 6' even
Weight: 158 lbs.
Date of Birth: (still have no clue how the calendar system works)
Date of Death: n/a
Homeland: A city-state far to the south.
Current Home: yet to establish himself

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build: Slim
Hair: Jet Black
Eyes: Green
Skin: Pale
Identifying Marks: a long scar across the left side of his chest
Appearance: Despite not being nobility, he carries himself like one.
Clothing: Dark clothes, usually trimmed with gold
Weaponry: Keeps a dagger on him, but otherwise not a fighter
Prized Possessions: His signet ring and a journal passed down to him from his father
Hygiene: Nearly impeccable
Voice: Pretty much Raul Julia's "Gomez" from the Addams Family

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths: Sharp wit, good perception, and a way with words
Fears: a fair fight
Weaknesses: little-to-no combat experience, less than average strength, and is greedy
Intelligence: A great deal above average
Languages: Common
Profession: Alchemist, Merchant

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Personality: somewhat morbid humor, can come off a bit creepy
Religion or Cults: lip service to the gods, doesn't really worship any of them
Alignment: LE
Short Term Goals: Continue his father's work
Long Term Goals: Observe, exploit, and rise

TRIVIA:
Favourite...

Place: Taverns
Pastime: drinking
Food: leg of lamb
Drink: ale, any really
Colour: black
Animal: scorpion

Least Favourite...
Place: outdoors
Pastime: manual labor
Food: carrots
Drink: milk
Colour: bright colors
Animal: frog

RELATIONS:
If you are unsure, feel free to ask.

BACKSTORY:

Marcelo never really knew his father Marco Scorpetti, who was nearly always away on different business trips. He didn't know his mother either, having supposedly died during birthing him. He was raised in a villa by an estate full of maids and house-workers. He was never want for anything, in fact he was pampered and basically spoiled throughout his childhood. He was given the best education, as tutors would come from far reaches to instruct him. From time to time, His father Marco would come by, they would party and have fun till the early morning hours till they fell asleep. But on waking, his father would already be gone again.

On his coming to adulthood (which, for the region was 16 summers), Marcelo's father showed up again. This time, they partied, and drank, and talked for quite some time. But this time, his father did more than just celebrate. His father explained a great deal about his travels, and about work that he had done, and work that still needed doing. Marcelo, finally feeling the respect and connection to his father than he had wanted since he was a young child, agreed to help him finish what his father started.

In the morning, Marcelo awoke in a tavern bed with a massive hangover and a letter by the windowsill. The letter was sealed with the stamp of the scorpion, his father's signet ring imprint. The letter instructed Marcelo to head north, and that his old life would be removed so that he might focus on his task. Inside the letter there was also his father's signet ring - a feat that would have mystified most, since the envelope was sealed by the same ring - but Marcelo had become accustomed to his father's "tricks" at this point, and dismissed it as Marco simply showing off again. Beside the letter, an old leather bound journal sat. Skimming over the pages, Marcelo could see that the journal was his father's though the contents made little sense to him. He understood the journal was needed for what was to come, and packed it along with the ring as he set off to return home.

Sauntering back home, another trick was presented to Marcelo; The estate had vanished. All of it, the buildings, the workers - nothing remained save for a field of dirt and grass. Marcelo found residence where he could for the next few years, doing odd jobs and services to continue existing, till he landed a job as a merchant's assistant. He stayed on with the merchant for a year till he gained the full trust of his employer, and then promptly abused said trust to rob the poor vendor blind, fence the stolen goods, and used the money made from the illicit activity to head north, ready to fulfill the promise made to his father.

INSPIRATIONS:

Grima Wormtongue (LotR)
Gomez Addams (Addams Family)
Bayushi Tangen (Legend of the Five Rings)
Ramsay Bolton (Game of Thrones)
Francis Underwood (House of Cards)
Loki (Thor, Avengers)

My in-game name is: pyrocide

Last edited:

Goldtalon101

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Goldtalon101
Goldtalon101
Mystic
Couldn't stay away if I wanted to. My new job has finally settled down, and a few other commitments I had have cleared up, so yeah, I hope to get more active soon.
What the hell is a ......"job"......I've never played a game like that

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Damn, I forgot to claim the second post for character advancement and whatnot. Suppose I'll just make new posts when something happens. Speaking of which:

Marcelo has made contact with some new friends, and has begun planning the next step of his life here. He's been learning everything he can about the houses and the political structure they each have. Still has no fixed home at the moment, but is looking for somewhere to call home.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Would you like me to delete Cherry's post so you can have the second post?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Would you like me to delete Cherry's post so you can have the second post?
Nah I love fae fae too much to do that, plus it probably won't matter that badly. I do appreciate the offer though.

*Non-chalantly gestures at a certain high-class inn that already provides him with free food and drink*
I didn't want to assume lodging until we had talked about it, but I guess this constitutes "talking about it," so thank you good sir.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Gah, it's been a good while since an update.

- Moved to Thiil after the inn at Vera Vigi was attacked.

- Became an apprentice alchemist under Thiil's mayor, Athryl.

- Began handling trade imports and exports for Thiil.

- Has taken to reading and learning a great deal about the history of altera, including the cultures, politics, religions, and many other miscellaneous topics.

- Started pondering about a number of the above topics. Plans to write these ponderings when he has the time.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
It takes me forever to remember to update this. Gah.

- has become a trained alchemist, thanks to a ton of work with Athryl and Gustav.

- completed one of his father's main tasks, though is still ironing out some unexpected wrinkles.