Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mass Effect Thread?

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
I could not stop playing all 3 games...

One of the best singleplayer experiences in a long time.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
... How about that Indoctrination Theory?
funny story

I don't actually hate the Mass Effect 3 Ending. before I played the game, all I knew was everyone hated the ending.

I hear indoctrination theory before playing the game, and I'm like "well thats actually kinda genius, if Bioware intended that"

then when Im playing Mass Effect 1, I'm wondering what was so bad about the ending.
in Mass Effect 2, I'm like "why did no one see that ending coming? they hinted to the Control ending in Legion's Loyalty and Project Overlord!"
and when I started playing Mass Effect 3, it was "are you serious? we knew about the Crucible all along? we're pouring our resources into the machine that everyone calls a Deus Ex Machina?! what in the world?"

buuuut then I see the original ending vs the Extended Cut's. yeah, the oiginal endings are complete garbage, they really needed that extra context and closure.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good

I loved the entire series, really looking forward to the fourth game in this universe :D

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Not played them but they look interesting enough...
Also, shouldn't this go under the "games" section, not basement? Just a thought!

Matto225

The White Mage
I know its only in the 3rd one, but this song sums everything up for me:
Quite simply put, the evolution of the meaning of the song, until you reach the end of the game is quite a beautiful and haunting thing - whether you went for a good or evil Capt. Shep, this goddamn song has a lot of feels throughout the game personally. Its only at the very end that it hit me just quite how much so that was.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
The first time I did my three game play through, I wasnt that bothered by the ending. I was disappointed, but I was still in the final-missile-defense-fight mind fog.
(And I do have the extended cut)
When I played it the second time, I realized how bad it was.

Nothing you do during the game changes your three options, they just decide how much of the fleet and relays die.
Unless you literally sucked so bad you didnt even defeat the reapers but I cant imagine anyone did that.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
The first time I did my three game play through, I wasnt that bothered by the ending. I was disappointed, but I was still in the final-missile-defense-fight mind fog.

Nothing you do during the game changes your three options, they just decide how much of the fleet and relays die.
Unless you literally sucked so bad you didnt even defeat the reapers but I cant imagine anyone did that.
I tried to fail once, nope nothing

mistaahh

Lord of Altera

Hmm.. Depends, though, this can also state 'It was a futile fight, but, you saved mankind'.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
This captures my experience perfectly. I was in that cathartic state of "oh," and completely numb through the whole finale.

ACU20

Legend of Altera
M-m-m-m-maaaaass effect! God damn i love those games so much. . .And i . . sorta made sure /everyone/ survived on the suicide mission! First time i ever played through /GARRUS/ died!