Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

matrakka45's Unban Appeal

matrakka45

Loyal Servant of Altera
I have been banned from Hollow World for around a year now, Now i would like to appeal. The reason i got banned was because i made a mob grinder (Without knowing that it was forbidden) I really think i've had my punishment for a little crime which could of been solved at one click of a button, (To destroy the spawner block).

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
matrakka45 Mob grinders are forbidden! Readij 03 Dec, 2012 5:52am Permanent

You weren't banned for 'around a year'. You've been banned for 5 months. So yes, the ban was harsh, but the issue wouldn't be solved with destroying the spawner. How would we know you wouldn't do it again if we simply destroyed it?

Darko

Lord of Altera
If I may add (I know I'm not part of this) you should really keep a nicer tone when creating an appeal, if you have an attitude like that when making an appeal, it really doesn't seem like you want to be part of the community.

Also, instead of making a second post to add something, use the edit button at the bottom of your post.

Remove this if it is deemed unhelpful to the thread.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Now, I know that using mob grinders and such are against the rules, and I obey those rules. But 5 months is quite some time to be banned for. I've seen people who were banned for similar reasons, and they were unbanned after appealing some months later.

Your attitude isn't quite helping you getting unbanned though, matrakka.

matrakka45

Loyal Servant of Altera
matrakka45 Mob grinders are forbidden! Readij 03 Dec, 2012 5:52am Permanent

You weren't banned for 'around a year'. You've been banned for 5 months. So yes, the ban was harsh, but the issue wouldn't be solved with destroying the spawner. How would we know you wouldn't do it again if we simply destroyed it?
I did not know exactly how long i had been banned for, To me it felt like a year. And why would i come back on to make another spawner just to get banned again? That would make me a complete idiot.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I did not know exactly how long i had been banned for, To me it felt like a year. And why would i come back on to make another spawner just to get banned again? That would make me a complete idiot.
Well yes, you do have a good point, but you don't sound apologetic at all for what was basically cheating.

matrakka45

Loyal Servant of Altera
Well yes, you do have a good point, but you don't sound apologetic at all for what was basically cheating.
I am sorry for what i did, I will not do it again. From what i remember, I didn't use the spawner much anyway. It was just claimed so a mod found it. I am sorry that i used a mob grinder even though it was against the rules.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Thank you, now before I unban you, a lot has changed and it's important that you answer a few questions.

What is the command to send a private message in-game?
What are the core playable races that do not require special permission?
Where can you apply to join a town on the server?

matrakka45

Loyal Servant of Altera
Thank you, now before I unban you, a lot has changed and it's important that you answer a few questions.

What is the command to send a private message in-game?
What are the core playable races that do not require special permission?
Where can you apply to join a town on the server?
Q1: @(Playername) (msg)
Quick reply @@ (msg)
Q2: Elf, Human, Halfling, Earthspawn, Caparii, Nakam, and Greyling
Q3: On the 'Towns' thread on the forums.

I am very grateful that you are unbanning me (If my answers were correct) I will not cause any more problems in the future. I promise.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Q1: @(Playername) (msg)
Quick reply @@ (msg)
Q2: Elf, Human, Halfling, Earthspawn, Caparii, Nakam, and Greyling
Q3: On the 'Towns' thread on the forums.

I am very grateful that you are unbanning me (If my answers were correct) I will not cause any more problems in the future. I promise.
Thank you, you've been unbanned, if you still have trouble connecting, let me know