Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Matto225 - ban appeal [Resolved - Unbanned]

Matto_343

Villager
This is a ban appeal for the IP ban that is currently in place on me, as well as the ban of my forum account. I can’t say I’m sure that I’m meant to be appealing this, considering it was my account that was banned, but I thought it couldn’t hurt.
Earlier I submitted two posts to the rather controversial ‘Dear Hollowworld’ thread, which at this point appears to have covered every topic under the sun regarding the server. The first post I put up was simply removed, whereas my second led to my ban. I’ll be the first to admit that the second post was completely juvenile – hell, in the context of what was happening “You can’t handle the truth” wasn’t even particularly pertinent to be honest. I’m not going to lie, I was more than a little unimpressed by how the situation was being handled, not in the sense of all the re-works (that’s a can of worms I shan’t be opening, others can debate that till the cows come home), but more from the perspective that there were players who’ve been here for a long time relative to the server’s existence and they were just being ignored/swatted to one side. It was this that made me post the gif.
While this is a ban appeal, and I’m the first to tell people that they need to be contrite, I have something to say – I’m more than a little surprised to have been banned over this. A slap on the wrist, maybe a message asking to step back until things settle a little bit seems appropriate (in my eyes) – not that I acted while expecting one of these and not a ban, but it seems something of an overreaction to me. That said, I’m not the one with the power and there’re no rules as far as I’m aware over when to ban or not ban someone concerning forum activity, so this is 100% down to you.
I ask simply that the IP ban is lifted and that my account is unbanned. I’ve been a member of this community for nearly 2 ½ years now, though admittedly its likely closer to 2 years of active play – I was even a mod for 6 months until I stepped down. I don’t bring this up so as to flaunt it at you, as a method of demanding I be unbanned. Simply, I’ve been here quite a while. If this is what I’m banned over, expressing my displeasure over a controversial issue, then I’ll be more than a little surprised, but I wish the best of luck to Hollowworld as a server and a community. Past couple of years were a blast folks, thank you to all those who made it possible

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
I tried to unban you but couldn't find your IP. It vanished from the list. So although I unbanned Legion and Spark - I tired to uban you but failed. So don't take it personally. I banned all three of you on the forums to stop the juvenile posts - it was most obviously temporary otherwise I would have banned you all in game too.

Matto225 is not banned. If you were IP banned how are you posting under a new account?

Matto_343

Villager
After trying multiple proxies (all of which refused to accept cookies, which is apparently mandatory to log in with) I settled on using my phone - I tried to login with Matto225 but got a grey screen declaring that I had insufficient permissions.
I posted the appeal because I had no idea whether it was permanent or temporary