Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Matty's Application - [Accepted - Jase]

Matty

Villager
Matticated
Matticated
The Whitelist Application Form:

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

Matticated

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Albania

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming occurs when the character uses information they shouldn't know, aka OOC information. If two players meet each other IC while they know each other OOC, playing as if the two IC characters know everything about each other IC is an example of MG .
Powergaming occurs when a character is unrealistically overpowered. For example, when a person who just started playing defeats 4 other skilled players at once, this is defined as Powergaming as the new character is unrealistically overpowered

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm basically an adolescent student who enjoys quite a lot of things, such as swimming, hitting the gym, writing, playing video games, etc. I generally mostly like Literature over Math since it's less boring (no offense if you like math I like math too) and it allows me to express myself. I also like watching Netflix from here and there, my favorite show being GoT (they ruined the last season honestly), and I also like reading. My favorite series of novels being the Kingkiller Chronicles so far. I mostly like Rap music and R&B but also enjoy listening to relaxing fantasy music when working, etc. Favorite movie/s would be Lord of the Rings (I like fantasy a lot). As for other games, I enjoy Skyrim more than I should, as well as Assassin's Creed, and more games as well, but RPG quite a lot.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I like writing quite a bit, but I'd rather save that to show to the server once/ if I join.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Found the server via some minecraft server search engine.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Larn

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Standing at 1.76m (5’9”), Larne presents an olive and soft skin, (originated from his Sangrian father, though he was raised as a Soolera, just like his mother before him) his hair is colored by a flaming auburn, hanging down to the bottom of his neck. The green eyes of his appear slightly tilted; his eyebrows soft and rather thin. His nose is delicate and somewhat pointy. His jaw seems quite sharp, and easily separates his diamond-shaped head from his medium-sized neck. The lips on his mouth are thin, his teeth shiny and white when he speaks.
The boy appears to have a normal, though cared-for body; his shoulders somewhat broad and his waist is thin. The muscular appearance of his thighs and built calf indicate that the boy has traveled and used them quite a bit. Overall he seems in a pretty good and able shape

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

It was yet another day traveling with my family's caravan through the great lands of Altera. The land was rather warm, even though it was the Season of Birth. We were traveling somewhere south, so it was rather understandable. It wasn't too long after my father had suddenly left our caravan, and my mother was still sad and mourning as if he was dead, even worse. I can remember her not speaking for a long time, and rationing her meals, unable to eat. They were sad times, but both of us managed to get by, we had our whole caravan supporting us both. I was around 12 or 13 years old, still holding my 'Ish' prefix as I had passed my 25th Fadma. We approached this great town, it wasn't too far from the desert, though I cannot remember its name, I've never been great with names really. The city was lively and noisy, which meant good business and good trading. I remember as I was walking with quite heated from the warm weather, a rather refreshing breeze hit me in the face, sending what hair I had backwards, as if it was water; it was a rather good feeling, as I can remember it to this day.
My mother looked at me, and so she spoke for the first time that day, it was around afternoon, the sun was up in the sky. "We will be walking around to sell the metal we got" she'd say in a very stoic tone, almost emotionless as she'd look down to me |"You are free to look around and buy" a couple of Radiants came out of her pockets before she'd hand them to me, I took them seriously and nodded, not saying anything "Though do not wander far." she'd then turn around and release a sigh before I had any time to respond. She used to let me roam around cities quite a bit, it was a routine by now. So I placed the Radiants in my pockets, and started to stroll around the market stores that surrounded and filled the plaza. I proceeded to buy one or two things with half the money I was given, and put those in my left pouch, though I don't remember exactly what they were. In any case, so I continued to wander around, looking for something interesting to buy.
An instant later I found myself going way too far from the rest of the caravan, I was at an alley when I caught myself walking too far. I was lost in my thought at the time, thinking about my father and how he'd leave like that; so suddenly, so unreasonably, and most of all without a trace, just a note where he briefly said he went to pursue his wanderlust alone. Maybe that was true, maybe he was killed, maybe he was kidnapped, or joined another caravan, I didn't know at the time, and I still don't.
So, as I was walking back I took a turn in order to get back to the alley. After taking the turn I found a well and heavy-armored figure standing before me. It appeared to be a man, and wasn't quite tall, a dagger lay on his hand. At first glance I understood he was waiting for me, expecting me, maybe he followed me, though he clearly was after my purse. As the man approached, I realized he was quite old, very old actually, he didn't have much power in him, barely taking steps properly inside the heavy armor. I could here him grunt a little, and say to himself "Damn armor's too heavy" I'd hear him frown, but then he'd get close enough that he could stab me with his knife. I did not move, something inside me told me not too, maybe it was just surprise or fear, but I did not move, I can't exactly explain why, but I stood there as he approached, and placed his knife not too far from my stomach. An elderly voice could be heard coming from behind the heavy helmet "Your Radiants, now" he'd say, trying to be frightening, probably more than he appeared. I decided it would be stupid to just try and escape, his dagger was close enough, and I probably couldn't hurt him due to the armor. Even if I could I probably wouldn't, I wouldn't do that. Instead I referred to speaking my way out of it, and so I made a rather surprised, yet confused face. I was not too bad at acting, you learn something like that when raised among Soolera traders. "What?" I squinted my eyes and lowered my eyebrows. Even from outside the armor, I could tell his face was confused, and he was observing me. His tone grew slightly louder "What is what?" he'd ask. "What do you mean?" I replied, attempting to tailor a play of words in order to confuse him, and it appeared I succeeded, the man was quite old honestly, I still am not quite surprised to how he fell for it. "What do you mean, what do I mean?" his voice grew even louder, and due to confusion and irritation he screamed "What?"
I remained calm, still expressing fake confusion "The thing you meant when you said was mine before I asked you what?" I'd guess he was confused, for I couldn't really see his face, though he made did make pause. during this small bridge I decided to change subject "Wait, what is that" I'd gesture to his nose, and he'd move back "Did you just try to touch me?" he'd take a step back, which made me realize he was really harmless, so I decided to play with it, and shook my head "No, I'm just trying to figure out what the thing on your nose is." I'd squint my eyes trying to look closer, as if there was really something. There was a small opening in his helmet around his nose and upper lip, so it was rather believable, to him at least. He seemed to fell for it; "Where?" I then pointed to my own nose, indicating for him to look at his "Here." I'd make a small pause, not allowing him to do or say anything "It looks like blood!" I raised my eyebrows in surprise, with a hint of shock too. "Oh merciful Jax! I think you're bleeding from your nose!" my voice would sound a little horrified, and so would my expression. I believe I overdid the act, though he still fell for it. "Oh dear, it may be blood!" he'd start to panic a little. "I think you should check it with someone. It seems pretty bad. Or maybe the helmet is too heavy!" still in panic he'd observe me a little. "Are you trying to offend me?" he'd say, but before I could reply he continued "To hell with" he shook his head slightly "I knew this helmet was too heavy for me!" he'd quickly get further from me and start walking away. My plan has somehow succeeded, and I still had my money on me!
Not only that, but while slowly leaving due to his heavy armor, he took the helmet off and threw below him, trying to get some weight off. The helmet was rather rusty, though a little more than half of it was still made out of some pretty fine steel. I took it, and had it as proof to tell my tale to the others. Though my mother wasn't too happy to hear I wandered too far, though she wasn't really happy anymore.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Oh deary me! I apologize, Matty! This somehow slipped through the cracks! Regardless-

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.