Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

McGamor Application [Approved - JustShadow]

McGamor

Villager
1. Your Minecraft username: McGamor
2. Age: 36
3. Gender: Male
4. Country: United States

5. Have you read the Tome of Citizenship or agree to do so before signing into Hollow World for the first time?
Yes

6. How do you feel about the 'roleplay' aspect of our server? Do you have any experience roleplaying?

I like the concept of the theme of the RP on your server and yes, several years of experience. I enjoy medieval theme RP over most others and looking forward to seeing how it's done on your server. I have RP'd through traditional pnp D&D for about 14yrs until a couple years ago due to living in such a remote area. I also have worked as an actor in a small theatre group for a couple years. This is also not including the RP I have done online in every mmo I have played since the 90's.

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, your interests / hobbies and why you are here in 8 sentences or more.
I am an avid gamer and my gaming name is sufficient as it I am old enough to know not to be giving out my real name to strangers unless I come to know them as trustworthy friends. I have been playing online games since the 90's. I enjoy RP servers and dislike griefers or gamers who force pvp on others. I am Marine so I enjoy organized events and dislike chaotic situations.
I have been playing Minecraft since beta started after alpha. I enjoy listening to the podcast "The Shaft" which is a podcast about Minecraft so I can stay aware of updates to the game. I use a medieval based skin for my avatar so it should fit in with the server well. I like keeping to myself mostly when I build or mine but I like the opportunity to work with others if possible. I hope to be apart of the RP community and help it continue to be successful.
*A lot of times I tend to come across as very blunt due to my outlook on life being too short to play mindgames with people. I don't intentionally try to come across as a jerk, but being a cancer survivor of 3 years now, survivors like myself tend to have a different outlook on life in general. That being said pertaining to the cancer, I am not able to work right now due to my disability. So, I attend college full-time when not spending time with my 2yr. old son.

I am divorced, but thankfully I have joint-custody of my son and get plenty of time to spend with him. He enjoys video games so far, but only if he gets to be in control of course. I am currently majoring in Computer Information Systems and graduate this May with my A.A.S degree along with my certifications in Computer Maintenance and Networking.

My only guess as to why your server wants to know so much about my RL is to try to prevent griefers from joining the server. If that is the case, I have never griefed anyone or any server and if I ever saw anyone doing so, I wouldn't hesitate to report it. A lot of builds in MC take a lot of personal time to build and no one should be allowed to mess with that.

I used to have a lot of hobbies before college and my son, but now those are my hobbies other than playing video games when I have the time.

8. If you have examples of your work please attached them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
n/a

9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
I am a parent and full-time college student so my online time can be random at times.

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
yes

11. How did you find out about our server?
Searching the server lists for a RP server that doesn't encourage griefing.

12. Did you vote for us?
Yes

itsemiel

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
It's good to see you put a lot of effort in question 7, but normally most people don't seem to notice how question 6 is almost as important as 7. Please expand 6 some more and answer question 12, about if you voted for us or not.

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
This is a great application, however there is still one thing. I'd like to see more added to question 7 about things outside of gaming; what you study in college, how long you've been a father, your current work/work you wish to get later in life, hobbies you have etc. You don't have to use these things, but something additional would be awesome.

McGamor

Villager
Ok, I edited the application again.

It's a little odd, that after looking at some of the other recent applications that there are some being approved after revealing a lot less information than I have. Especially after some have admitted having a lot less experience in RP even.

I had hoped originally that this server had a certain standard to their applications, but it is looking like there is some randomness to the process. Is there a bias towards younger gamers on the server? If that is the case, I am wondering what the age range of the mods is.

If it's one thing I have noticed in MC is that some server mods have a "god complex" when it comes to their Whitelist so I certainly hope this isn't the case here.

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
Ok, I edited the application again.

It's a little odd, that after looking at some of the other recent applications that there are some being approved after revealing a lot less information than I have. Especially after some have admitted having a lot less experience in RP even.

I had hoped originally that this server had a certain standard to their applications, but it is looking like there is some randomness to the process. Is there a bias towards younger gamers on the server? If that is the case, I am wondering what the age range of the mods is.

If it's one thing I have noticed in MC is that some server mods have a "god complex" when it comes to their Whitelist so I certainly hope this isn't the case here.
It is true some people are approved for having written less than you did, and with less roleplay experience - however, generally those that have more experience are more likely to be accepted into our community. We ask that applicants complete the questions correctly, and then are judged based on the full set - this is why I asked you to add more to question 7, rather than approving you straight off. There is certainly not an age bias toward applicants; a variety of ages allows for a better community in terms of knowledge and playability. Older players may have experienced some aspects of roleplaying or fantasy that younger ones have not, and so would opt for a different route.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "god complex" in regard to a whitelist - would you care to elaborate upon this?

Now, to the application. Before you had edited it, I was already on the verge of approving you. Seeing you write this much to appease myself and the question is a delight, as in most cases it does not occur; it is fantastic to see an applicant show this much willing to improve upon request. In reply to your implied question: we ask to know information about your real life so that we may get to know you as a person - this allows us to better include you into our community as we can understand what you do and don't like better and therefore strive for a closer populace!

Approved ^.^

Welcome to Altera!
Most players when they log on want to jump in and get established/build before they do anything else. In Hollow World players must first find a town before they can build. You may join a town by asking the mayor or assistant mayor to add you. You can view all the information about a town by typing /town [townname] .

Please visit this link. It will help you choose a town.

http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?forums/altera-census.43/

Lastly, please, PLEASE!!! make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it!!! We have a 0 tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal. You have been warned.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence. Hollowworld does not permit the use of shared Minecraft accounts and the account you use to apply here is your responsibility. Keep your password safe and DO NOT share your account with ANY third party. You have been warned.

McGamor

Villager
Thank you, I appreciate the acceptance to the server.

On a side note, by "god complex" I mean there are some servers run by mods who consistently either broke their own rules or created new ones on the fly regardless of how it affected others. Usually though those issues occurred with mods that were all very young and immature.