1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! Get Whitelisted Today and join us! Then check out our Starter Guide made just for you.
  3. Keep up-to-date on the Incursion Campaign!
  4. Here's a guide to the Prestige plugin! Read it here.
  5. To purchase property at Storm's Landing, Please Click Here!
  6. Hey, Guest! Contribute to the Server to keep us Alive!

McGregor VS. Mayweather

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Tottot, Aug 27, 2017.

?

Were you satisfied with the fight?

1. Yes

84.6%
  2. No

15.4%
  1. Arken

Arken is Barken

Character Name:
    Jeor Varyn, Mikael
    Alt Name:
    ArkenGuard, Arngeir_Brument, Minez2000, SharkenGuard
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Rhaamos
    House:
    Lonmar
    This must be satire
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Smurf

Smurf Lord of Altera

[​IMG]
  3. Arken

Arken is Barken

Character Name:
    Jeor Varyn, Mikael
    Alt Name:
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Rhaamos
    House:
    Lonmar
    I'm glad you abandoned that SJW bullshit before I systematically dismantled every word.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Smurf

Smurf Lord of Altera

Careful there buddy wouldn't want to get banned for disrespect again.
  5. Arken

Arken is Barken

Character Name:
    Jeor Varyn, Mikael
    Alt Name:
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Rhaamos
    House:
    Lonmar
    If challenging your fundamentally incorrect comparisons between the sweet science and America's socio-economic issues is disrespect then truly the world is lost.
  6. Smurf

Smurf Lord of Altera

It's not. Calling it 'SJW bullshit' after hearing one paragraph of someone's opinion, however, is.
  7. Arken

Arken is Barken

Character Name:
    Jeor Varyn, Mikael
    Alt Name:
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Rhaamos
    House:
    Lonmar
    Well that's what it was!

To get back to the important matters here, Conor did impressively better than I expected him to. As expected, Floyd, the master he is, gameplanned accordingly and despite his age secured his legacy. Fair play to both men, and as someone whose career is combat sports, I just hope Smurf's attitude doesn't reflect the future generations' as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Smurf

Smurf Lord of Altera

I don't think that Tottot appreciates us spamming his thread. If you want to talk about it more in depth we can take it to a PM or another thread.
  9. Spirit

Spirit Legend of Altera

Character Name:
    Soul Allister Oakhold | Reid Goodman
    Alt Name:
    Dimitri Lirran
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Novahawks Guild House
    House:
    Novahawks
    I voted 'no' because the 'no' button got lonely.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. LePancake

LePancake Loyal Servant of Altera

Character Name:
    Elnaril de Courtnay
    Alt Name:
    Amrak Tan
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Queens Port
    House:
    de Courtnay
    It is no different than watching an action movie and enjoying a fight scene in it really. We know it is either fake, or utter shit, but we enjoy it because it hits something in us. I mean, honestly, humans are just Chimps that invented language, I mean there is a 2% DNA difference between us and them, it isn't huge. We are all barbaric, we just found different ways to express it than hunting animals or slaughtering each other with stones. Now we hunt animals and slaughter each other with guns, nukes, etc.

Edit: Just read the rest of the thread
  11. Azur

Azur Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Arthas Cordenth
    Alt Name:
    Azur_Deathblade, Bazur, Azur_The_Bazur
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Breakwater
    House:
    Anhald
    My boy!!!

*Edit* Related note, I didn't watch but I could hear the people in my house watching it. Sounds like it was a decent fight, though I'm not knowledgeable in the sport.
    • Player Love Player Love x 1
  12. Goldtalon101

Goldtalon101 Lord of Altera

LePancake
    What on earth is thread about? Talking about we watch it cause it's fake or shit or whatever. This is a fight between the greatest defensive boxer of all time and soon to be one of the greatest mix martial artists of all time. Absolutely Floyd did the fight for money, but he also saw it an as easy way to get 50-0. 50-0 looks a lot better on a T-Shirt than 49-0. Connor did it because he's trying to cement himself as one of the GOAT and what better to do that than knock out Floyd Mayweather? Not to mention, when you say only "2% different than chimps" in regards to dna, that percentage is more relative to about 35million+ differences, being small or distinct. So don't really understand your point about humans being animalistic that's why we watch it, I know plenty of -humans- who hate contact sport~

The fight was fantastic. Floyd cemented himself as the greatest defensive boxers of all time, un-defeated in over 20 years as a professional fighter. Connor shocked the world by landing more punches on him than -any- of Floyd's other opponents, including Manny Pacman Pacquiao. He proved to the cynical boxing fans and commentators that MMA is the real deal and in his debut he can go toe to toe against one of boxing's greatest. Granted, he did gas out but that's more to do with the genius of Floyd, rather than criticism of Connor.

Don't know why this thread has derailed into politics, and what not, it was a fantastic fight. The end~
    • Like Like x 1
    • Player Love Player Love x 1