Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Merlin

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
*bounces up and down happily* Love the series, and I have been having severe withdrawal symptons since the end of the last series... :rolleyes: Can't wait for the next one. :)

Tarron

Lord of Altera
I vaguely remember watching the first season of this, I think. Is this show similar to Game of Thrones at all?

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
I vaguely remember watching the first season of this, I think. Is this show similar to Game of Thrones at all?
Slightly. It's based on Arthurian legend, but the characters are changed slightly. Morgana represents Morgan le Fay and Gwen, the Lady Guinevere. There are houses, vassals and alliances, but these only occasionally come into play, as the series itself is centred around the treatment of magic in the Middle Ages... Except the magic is actually real. Merlin is at this point only a young man, but the prophecies surrounding him, Camelot, King Arthur, Morgana and the Dragons unfold throughout the episodes.

Tarron

Lord of Altera
Sounds pretty good, going to have to look into it. I just seem to remember not liking the Merlin character, might have been my age at the time. Also, is the magic like in LoTR where it is totally unlimited and ridiculous or more like Eragon where it is pretty limited power-wise?

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Sounds pretty good, going to have to look into it. I just seem to remember not liking the Merlin character, might have been my age at the time. Also, is the magic like in LoTR where it is totally unlimited and ridiculous or more like Eragon where it is pretty limited power-wise?
It's odd, because it's not as restricted as it was in the Inheritance Cycle, but all of the main characters are only just starting get to grips with their power, so it is nowhere near the scale of Lord of the Rings. There are occasionally older, more powerful curses/characters that appear, but usually just for one storyline or a couple of episodes.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Faelin said:
Slightly. It's based on Arthurian legend, but the characters are changed slightly. Morgana represents Morgan le Fay and Gwen, the Lady Guinevere. There are houses, vassals and alliances, but these only occasionally come into play, as the series itself is centred around the treatment of magic in the Middle Ages... Except the magic is actually real. Merlin is at this point only a young man, but the prophecies surrounding him, Camelot, King Arthur, Morgana and the Dragons unfold throughout the episodes.
Wait, people don't use magic these days?
*hides book of magic spells underneath bed*

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
When merlin is sitting by the river and Arthur goes to join him, the music in the background took me back to the first series, and it is still as awesome today as it was back then.

Also, cubey noticed this before I did, but a minecraft reference was sneakily placed in there
Arthur: I wish we had a horse
Merlin: What about a pig?