Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Minecraft 1.4 Feature List

Minecraft_King_

Lord of Altera
Ok well thats 1.3 wrapped up so heres a complete list of planned/confirmed 1.4 features.

Key: Confirmed=Green
Planned=Blue
Possible=Red

• Adventure Mode Updates
  • Dyeable dog collars
  • Hardcore mode to be made harder
  • Frames to hang items
  • Adding adventure mode control block
  • Modding API
  • Adding a power block capable of giving players effects (swiftness, strength etc.)
  • Zombies infecting villagers
  • Night vision potion
  • Invisibility potion
  • Baby zombies
  • Plant pots
  • Mobs wearing rare loot
  • Cobblestone walls
  • More half slabs
  • Dyeable glass
  • Name changes
  • Coloured armour
  • More mobs
  • More music
  • Marble blocks

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Here's a bug fix, add it to the list. Fix for "black areas" darkening random spots of maps for no apparent reason.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
The Modding API allows multiplayer servers to use singleplayer mods in the same way as they use bukkit plugins. Earlier this year Mojang hired the Bukkit Team (the ones who made Bukkit), so they could help them work on the Modding API.

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
The Modding API allows multiplayer servers to use singleplayer mods in the same way as they use bukkit plugins. Earlier this year Mojang hired the Bukkit Team (the ones who made Bukkit), so they could help them work on the Modding API.
So, For example, Millenaire mod could be used in Multiplayer?

barryg

Real life redstone crafter
Sort of... The whole Minecraft API will make it possible for people (me) to create plugins for Minecraft. Server or local plugins.

As this will be a whole new system the plugins will have to be recreated first. But there is zero documentation around the API. So if it's good or bad, we don't know...

Backstay

Lord of Altera
1.3.1 is boss :p Before the update I was level 17, then I updated, went mining, killing mobs and burning the stuff in my furnaces. Now I'm level 31. It's my favorite update so far.

lovelorn

Loyal Servant of Altera
I wonder what else they'll add from Tekkit? :O

eff tekkit
take redpower and shred the mod
give me a hacksaw and a way to take blocks down to 16ths
i can make cute lil nubs on chairs, plus a kajillion other things