Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Minecraft Account System Update

Backstay

Lord of Altera
I have been very eager to find out when 1.3 releases. I am currently following Notch and Jeb and Mollstam on Twitter. And i found this:

Jeb on April 28, 2012: "I know Mollstam is working on it".
  • Not a game update (will not modify the game itself and will be applied regardless of the version you're playing).
  • The possibility to change your username and the e-mail address that is associated with your account.
  • Global Mojang accounts are already available and can be merged with Minecraft, Scrolls and Cobalt accounts.
  • Once the synchronization has been made, logging into Mojang games is made by using the e-mail address instead of the userna,e.
  • In-game usernames will be changeable, making them apparently no more unique; only Mojang accounts have a unique "ID".
  • Currently being worked on by Mollstam.
  • It is unknown how the username change feature will be adapted to server white-list and blacklists.
  • It is most probable that the transition to a Mojang account will become obligatory at some point.

Matto225

The White Mage
Well unless Hawk Eye cab tell the difference, we're buggered... great...

On a happy note, no more forgetting this obscure RP names some people come up with! :D

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
So i no longer have to put up with everyone thinking im a girl cos of my account name being xRoXx?!
Awwww it was fun messing with people :(

Backstay

Lord of Altera
No problem lars :) And i believe blacklisting and whitelisting goes by the persons email maybe? Or IP.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
I hope Hawkeye can adapt to this. It is the best anti-everything I have ever worked with...

Apart from that, the changeable usernames will be good for RP.
But what if 10 people decide to all use cherbert, ikbenlars, deadpress or itsemiel?
It would be a shock to be killed by Rosa, or healed by deadpress... :confused:

Spark

Broken
Kinda off topic but when 1.3 comes out should I update or do I have to wait till the server has updated?

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Shadow, i believe we handle it by IP or email. But sonce you can change email too then it must be IP. I'm sure mollstam will find a solution for this. And i already know what my new name will be :)

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Maybe mollstam makes some kind of code for each account or something.. I DUNNO! Leave me alone!!! D: *cries*
But some kind of code for each account would be nice. And then you ban the player by that code. I'm gonna ask mollstam about that.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Mmph... I imagine I'd keep my name, typo and all... Maybe I'll make it a bit more fancy, though...