Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Minecraft for 360

Wycroe

Legend of Altera
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone has heard an actual release date for the 360 version of minecraft?
Also, I remember reading somewhere they were gonna make it so 360 players and PC players could play together, but I don't know if there's any truth to this so if anyone else has heard this or can dismiss this rumour I'd appreciate it!

Avery Thomas

Sorrows Warrior
I would think default minecraft could be made for the 360, but mods like flymod, probably not. Unless you're supposed to stand on a table or something while flying

Wycroe

Legend of Altera
They've announced it for the 360, but yeah, in hindsight, with modding it getting it to pair with pc would be pretty tough.

Ouren

Legend of Altera
A presumed PS3 port would have allowed for all sorts of mods.
Just take a look at UT3, or even the fact that you can log into Steam via Portal 2.

Ouren

Legend of Altera
You'd rather I just make a new thread every time I have something to say on a subject that has been discussed before.
Ok!

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
Yes. If a thread has run it's course, let it rot. I'm guilty of a few Necro's myself, but I'm evil, and as such am allowed ;)

old_peculiar

Villager
If you're craving minecraft on the 360, there is an indie game on there called fortrescraft. It has the idea of minecraft, but not the same game play elements.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Unless the 360 version and PS3 versions could connect with the PC version, i'd rather not see it released. The indie games are nothing on the real thing even when kept vanilla.

Ouren

Legend of Altera
Unless the 360 version and PS3 versions could connect with the PC version, i'd rather not see it released. The indie games are nothing on the real thing even when kept vanilla.
Yea, I can't see the online being good... at all.
Without a way to just connect to anyone and any server, it won't be half the experience.
Like it or not, PSN is more open and would have allowed this, but I know Microsoft would never, it's a shame really.

Darko

Lord of Altera
Most minecraft wannabes for the 360 are horrible. There is one that is actually pretty fun. It's called Castle Miner Z. It's obviously not as good as minecraft, but it has some nice points. For instance, the enemies are much more realistic, parts are actually a bit scary (yes, more scary than the fateful Hsssssss of minecraft). The guns are also a nice touch. Dragons in it shoot fireballs that destroy land. Over all it's ok.

But when MC does come out on 360, I'm not getting it. It's just so much easier to use a computer, and Hollow world wouldn't really work on it.