Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

~Nakam - Questions & Answers~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
its a joke about yellow snow

The Nakam famously dislike magic and would totally pull this kind of stunt on a magic user

Valcust

Lord of Altera
bump of bumps.

~Exodus, cont.~
From the seas came the awful corruption, spreading about the world. Verbali's gates were closed, guards placed on the outer walls, preparing for the scourge of the island.
Natives looked over the seas, elders stared blankly at the horrid tentacles that spiraled through the ocean, crumbling any iceberg in their paths.
The screams and howls of the end overwhelmed the island from afar, children clung to their mothers, and others clung to those they held close most.
Noises drew close, arms tightened around others, eyes shut, fearful of what's to come.
Steadily, the humming to the south rose in volume and intensity, quaking the island in it's sound, toppling towers, freezing the fear within the hearts of all to hear.
In a single instant, the shaking sound ended.
Just as the humming of the southern peak ceased, so did the howls of the corruption.
Eyes looked over the horizon once more, expecting seas of flame, pillars of flesh, and death surrounding them.
Instead, they were greeted by the most calm of seas. Even the shores offered no sound, only a simple progression and recession of the tides.
Months would pass before any ships met the Verbali docks once more, bringing word of escape and triumph over the forces of evil.
They told of a rebuilding of the kingdoms to the east.
And, so, life went on.
~OOC note: What does this mean? Well, basically that nothing will change for the Nakam. Kavdek has found it's way to the new world, and brought everyone with it~

Last edited:
W

wakerman4

Here's a question:
If one wanted to one day become a Nakat, what would be your advice on how to Roleplay as one?
And what would be the key thing that makes it hard and easy to RP as such a beautiful race?

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Would it be morally wrong for a nakat to have a pet cat?
Do you speak chimp?
Didn't think so.

Same thing, m'guessing at least.
Faelin is right. Some people keep pet chimps or monkeys, much the same for Nakam.
Remember; we are people of feline descent, NOT cats :I

Here's a question:
If one wanted to one day become a Nakat, what would be your advice on how to Roleplay as one?
And what would be the key thing that makes it hard and easy to RP as such a beautiful race?
My advice?
Hmm...Don't have the mindset of "cat person". That's what undoes it. Yes, you're allowed the occasional ear twitch and tail swish, but these are just byproduct actions of our anatomy, not our "cat-like personalities", as those don't exist.
Also keeping the lore in mind may be pretty difficult, and while I don't expect 100% pure accuracy from any and everyone who plays them, I'd hope that someone wouldn't forget the name of their own homeland, or worse yet, start making meowing noises =_=
However- again, going to the cat thing, as Mavlin has brought to my attention with her character "Panthera", she's taken the cat-like name as a ploy to gain attention in the acting business. So, yes, you can use your feiline-ness to gather attention and perhaps a livelyhood, but it isn't who you are.
Beyond that..Just..Have fun with it, I guess :p
Oh, also apply like everyone else, by PMing michcat and I~

W

wakerman4

Been wanting to ask that for near enough five months now.
Yes, I was thinking of having a Nakat one day, of course, I've tried reading over and over the lore, but to admit, my memory isn't that good, so I keep saying to myself "don't do it".
If I ever do send you an application one day though, it'll be for my main account.
I've always loved Nakats. . .mainly due to their
appearance, culture and the way they talk.
Oh my, the way they talk...*Fangirl*

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
My advice?
Hmm...Don't have the mindset of "cat person". That's what undoes it. Yes, you're allowed the occasional ear twitch and tail swish, but these are just byproduct actions of our anatomy, not our "cat-like personalities", as those don't exist.
Also keeping the lore in mind may be pretty difficult, and while I don't expect 100% pure accuracy from any and everyone who plays them, I'd hope that someone wouldn't forget the name of their own homeland, or worse yet, start making meowing noises =_=
However- again, going to the cat thing, as Mavlin has brought to my attention with her character "Panthera", she's taken the cat-like name as a ploy to gain attention in the acting business. So, yes, you can use your feiline-ness to gather attention and perhaps a livelyhood, but it isn't who you are.
Beyond that..Just..Have fun with it, I guess :p
Oh, also apply like everyone else, by PMing michcat and I~
Panthera is BEST! ;u;

Zelizi is best-er.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Been wanting to ask that for near enough five months now.
Yes, I was thinking of having a Nakat one day, of course, I've tried reading over and over the lore, but to admit, my memory isn't that good, so I keep saying to myself "don't do it".
If I ever do send you an application one day though, it'll be for my main account.
I've always loved Nakats. . .mainly due to their
appearance, culture and the way they talk.
Oh my, the way they talk...*Fangirl*
Meow.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Ooh-

Are there middleground semi-cat-people?

Like, for humans we have chimps, gorillas, orangs, etc. Great Apes. There's also monkeys and such, and the various extinct hominids. Do the Nakam have their own funky evolutionary history with semi-intelligent Great Cats?

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Ooh-

Are there middleground semi-cat-people?

Like, for humans we have chimps, gorillas, orangs, etc. Great Apes. There's also monkeys and such, and the various extinct hominids. Do the Nakam have their own funky evolutionary history with semi-intelligent Great Cats?
Yep, our homo erectus and homo habilis would be rubbing elbows with lesser evolved Nakam, were it not for the giant body of water that separated them from the rest of the land~
But instead the cavemen decided to be lamebutts and either be really short with long beards, or really tall with pointed ears.

EDIT: and remember how they call those giant mountain lions "Nakla"? Roughly translates to "Primitive ones"~

Last edited:

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Since the humans evolved on Earth and the Nakat in the prior world, wouldn't they have never met before the exodus?

Status
Not open for further replies.