Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Nation States](Forum RP) The ball of the lion of August

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
*background narrator*
''A medieval tradition in the Arc culture is to celebrate the passing of a year every 15th of August, the very month seen as the middle of the year (similarily to real life traditions of the first of January, or the Chinese new year). This occasion is the best for common citizens to reunite with their family, play their favorite sports, watch the most addictive Arc soap-operas or have a White Lion steak for diner. The nobles also celebrate this day, although in a much grander and glorious manner. In the honor of the new government and Von Krone's first year in power, she has issued an invitation in the highest of formalities to various world representatives and leader to attend lavish celebrations in the Arclin, the palace serving as seat of the ruling elite. The celebrations are due to last three days, from the 14th to the 16th of August, with a feast of epic proportions on the 15th. Government spending is expected to hit well over the 10-digits, as the Nation's most exquisite products are being prepared. Who will attend the lion of August?''

Arclin.png
The Imperial palace under the Overlord, now the Arclin
ball-1_2533487k.jpg

Invitations were sent to:

The most distinguished;

Mr. President Rudolf Yuriban @Ray1333

Mr. President Lord Ulysses Sinclair @Lord_Sinclair
(President?) Mr. Alexander White @Glados
Mr. President Adam Filonsky @The Courier

His imperial Majesty Czar Nikolai Grigori Verkarkov @MaelstromPuddle
His imperial Majesty Emperor Morgan vi Draxis II @Jstar
His imperial Majesty Emperor Tibère Arthorius III @Samchrist
S/N 1 B/N Mechanica, First Among Synthetics @Baron
General Johann Koningsmarck Astengarde @Gregor
General Asad Aslam @OneRedBlock
His royal Majesty King Aleksander II @LightTwig
Her royal Majesty Queen Morganth Seprentine II @BrianAT16
His royal Majesty King Draven Makorath XIV @BarbarianGaming
Mr. Vyacheslav @LightTwig
Mr... ''The Patriot?'' @Dr.Patriot
S/N 1 B/N Mechanica, First Among Synthetics @Baron
His...Highness? Arking Tereson @Megadonkey30
Mrs. Demaela Voorda @Glados
Mr. Demetrius Basilisk @Lord_Sinclair
(whichever representative Turious chooses to send from their current council of elders) @223hero7
Housekeepers Alashe Paraniace, Nihere Pausina, Melai Laica, Thiya Keirattin. @Gaby
@Deathmoron (sorry, I couldn't find your leader name xD)

(Anyone I forgot, i'm really sorry, either I don't know who your leader is, either you're not really active RP-wise, and I forgot you. there's also a slim chance that you're not invited, but let's not talk about that.)

The Letter of Invitation:
Letter Ball of Lion.jpg

Last edited:

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
(huh guys, sorry if it wasn't specified enough, but this is a Forum RP thread. From now on, let's begin by how your leaders/invited individuals would react to the whole thing, please.)

'Here's what happened until now!;

*All delegations and airplanes that arrived and will be arriving would likely be directed to Clovien's high-district private Airport, where the different parties would be met by dozens of aids, guards and black limos in front of the closed airport*

*A man in a white, ornated suit would begin to group up the delegations and bring them to the dozen or so limousines waiting outside the airport. It would not be long before the convoy would be heading towards the Arclin, the imperial palace. A scenery of enormous, gothic-architectured skyscrappers, Cathedrals and private domains would be the main visible style from the Limo's windows, with hundreds of lights in the distance. The path there would most likely be a constant, considerably-elevated and well lit four-alley skyway, which would be completely empty for the occasion, as the convoy would take three alleys large due to security trucks. Occasionally, one could see capitalist company logos, but also VTOLs and jets flying by, and a few TV helicopters sometimes staying around for a few minutes. The whole trip would take around 25 to 30 minutes, from the Clovien high airport to the Arclin, the longer part would be passing through the Arclin security gates. (each vehicule being separately scanned (not it's occupants)).*

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Mechanica, being an incorporeal entity existing entirely off the cumulative thought processes and hardware of its nation, would receive the message instantaneously. Choosing to be polite, it would activate an unused chassis and dress it up in the correct attire along with a group of other synthetics as staff, then land a supersonic VTOL nearby to prepare for the trip to Arcturix.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
The Queen of Morgnatha, Morganth Seprentine II, would prepare herself and her royal guard for the trip. Taking only about five highly trained guards with her. As well as a few meaningless servants for the trip and her trip home.

Last edited:

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Both Demetrius Basilisk and Lord Ulysses Sinclair, in a rare international appearance, would RSVP to attend the celebration.

A sizable entourage would be assembled to accompany the Council Representative and President comprised of a variety of diplomatic and cultural experts. For example, some of the best dancers in the nation would be chosen to attend to ensure that Sincronia's culture shines as brightly as possible.

Private flights and moderate security forces would also be assembled to ensure that no unexpected issues occur.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Emperor Morgan vi Draxis II would look at the message with some interest. Social events were not typically his thing, but he best make an appearance for the sake of politics. He would send a small group of servants to prepare his departure. Morgan would take with him five members of the Occult, though they would not make appearances directly as well as Elysia and Fenir to keep Morgan's grouchy behaviour in check. Their small party would then take one of Ellathyr's supersonic jets to arrive at the ball.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
*All delegations and airplanes that arrived and will be arriving would likely be directed to Clovien's high-district private Airport, where the different parties would be met by dozens of aids, guards and black limos in front of the closed airport*

Deathmoron

Lord of Altera
(I'm still struggling with writing up lore for the nation. As you can see, I'm not much of a free writer.)

The Roachen leading General receives the invitation and makes a Lieutenant General RSVP a spot for him and his delegation.

Like Sincronia, Curacha is using a cut of his delegation to bring those who are the most culturally aware in nation to make everyone sees Roachen culture for what it is.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Adam merely takes himself and his daughter. Both being in a ceremonious suit of plate armor. An airship was used to fly the two there, Eve staying near Adam almost entirely during the course of this. The two not being overly flashy, but extremely conservative of who they're near.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Mechanica would roam about, politely socializing. In time, it would head over to Adam to chat.

"Good day. I am Mechanica, here for the Ball. I understand that you are Adam. I am not familiar with your lovely companion, however."

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
The Queen of Morgnatha would arrive shortly after, having flown there via a private jet. Her five bodyguards following her closely, all of hem wearing black suits. The Queen wearing her formal attire, a large red and black dress. Slowly walking around, rather quietly taking in her surroundings.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Mechanica would roam about, politely socializing. In time, it would head over to Adam to chat.

"Good day. I am Mechanica, here for the Ball. I understand that you are Adam. I am not familiar with your lovely companion, however."
Adam Filonsky would give polite bow, clanking of his plate heard from such and so would the girl in armor. She was surprisingly taller than her father, still enshrouded in plate.

"Meet my daughter, Eve Marie Filonsky. God's very own gift to me."

Even would smile politely, lifting her visor to view the synthetic. Her eyes matching that of Samantha's should anyone remember her. Hair being the dark brown of Adam's that was able to be seen.

<Eve> "Greetings, Mechanica. It's a pleasure to see you were able to arrive to such a ball. I feared you'd be unable to given your. . omnipresence?" She didn't quite know the world for it.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
"I am still omnipresent within my borders, but I've elected to appear here by remotely controlling this synthetic body. Of course, a single point of view in any one place is quite restrictive, which is why I am also the twelve aides I brought along. But I don't wish to drone on, eheh. I've always been curious about your nation's culture since I constructed that city for you, and I'd truly appreciate learning about it from the esteemed Adam himself."

The Courier

Lord of Altera
"I am still omnipresent within my borders, but I've elected to appear here by remotely controlling this synthetic body. Of course, a single point of view in any one place is quite restrictive, which is why I am also the twelve aides I brought along. But I don't wish to drone on, eheh. I've always been curious about your nation's culture since I constructed that city for you, and I'd truly appreciate learning about it from the esteemed Adam himself."
Adam would be surprised by this, although he absolutely adored the robotic pun. A small chuckle leaving the shorter armored man before he'd happily respond in his ever cheery and jovial voice.

"Well, we are a God fearing nation. We pride ourselves in our ascension, even slowly beginning to make ways to develop areas that float ever since your assistance. Curacha had helped us immensely with that. For a majority, my people are hard nosed and extremely hard working. We. . just don't enjoy foreigners as much as others."

His daughter would be glancing around to see where the other synthetics are. Curious of the idea of being everywhere at once.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
They would be variously mingling, no two in the same conversation and all of them seemingly quite comfortable in their roles.

"Yes, we in Mechanica Rationalis also strive towards ascension, but it's somewhat different from your idea, I imagine, as we're aiming for immortality. We currently have biological immortality on the research backburner until the Interstellar Initiative pays off, and synthetic immortality has been attained in the form of at-death uploading for biosynthetics and organics with the right devices."

The synthetic pauses to examine Adam and his daughter for a moment.

"You really should visit my country some time, I'm sure you'd be very impressed with it. That, or call it Sodom and Gomorrah."

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
The Sincronian delegation, upon arrival, would begin mingling and subtly showing off their entourage. Representative Basilisk would be noticeably more involved in conversations than President Sinclair.

((I'll be away in RL for the next two days, so just assume the Sincronian delegation is roaming about the celebration and engaging in various conversations.))

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
*A man in a white, ornated suit would begin to group up the delegations and bring them to the dozen or so limousines waiting outside the airport. It would not be long before the convoy would be heading towards the Arclin, the imperial palace. A scenery of enormous, gothic-architectured skyscrappers, Cathedrals and private domains would be the main visible style from the Limo's windows, with hundreds of lights in the distance. The path there would most likely be a constant, considerably-elevated and well lit four-alley skyway, which would be completely empty for the occasion, as the convoy would take three alleys large due to security trucks. Occasionally, one could see capitalist company logos, but also VTOLs and jets flying by, and a few TV helicopters sometimes staying around for a few minutes. The whole trip would take around 25 to 30 minutes, from the Clovien high airport to the Arclin, the longer part would be passing through the Arclin security gates. (each vehicule being separately scanned (not it's occupants)).*

The Courier

Lord of Altera
They would be variously mingling, no two in the same conversation and all of them seemingly quite comfortable in their roles.

"Yes, we in Mechanica Rationalis also strive towards ascension, but it's somewhat different from your idea, I imagine, as we're aiming for immortality. We currently have biological immortality on the research backburner until the Interstellar Initiative pays off, and synthetic immortality has been attained in the form of at-death uploading for biosynthetics and organics with the right devices."

The synthetic pauses to examine Adam and his daughter for a moment.

"You really should visit my country some time, I'm sure you'd be very impressed with it. That, or call it Sodom and Gomorrah."
Adam would grin softly under his visor. Giving a nod before he'd reply with a hint of laughter in his voice.

"Perhaps, certainly I won't need to provide an exorcism for a city. An interesting concept, to live forever, but I do embrace my mortality. If God wishes I to be immortal as his prophet, then it shall be. Mechanica, I do deeply appreciate your quick reaction in trying to help my late beloved. God Send's populace casts kind smile to you and your people."

As much as Adam would have loved to continue conversation, he and his daughter were to be brought towards limo for the ride to the ball. Unless, of course, Mechanica wished to follow suit with him and his daughter into the same limo.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera

Archbishop Dmitri presses a few buttons on a vending machine, bending over to retrieve his small packet of chips. Tossing one into his mouth, he turns around, enjoying the paid vacation thus far. While Arcturix and Legisa have an icy relationship, this had not stopped the Archbishop from being cordial with all he'd met. He notices the time and is quickly overcome by panic, turning on a heel to see limousines departing without him. "святое дерьмо" he curses, rushing over to a group of three delegates entering a vehicle. As he approaches, his breath heavy, he greets the three.

"Happy days and happy nights to you three, might it be that I can be joining your limousine? Mine has departed, and I would very much like to attend the ball" he says cordially, though his smile quickly hides as he smacks his forehead lightly. "Ah, what am I doing, I should introduce myself... I am Archbishop Dmitri, I represent Legisa" he says to Mechanica, Adam, and the young girl.

Dmitri is a large husky man, standing nearly 7ft tall, and weighing easily over 300 pounds. Though unlike certain members of the clergy, Dmitri enjoys maintaining his physique, and beneath his robes, is built like a gladiator. In truth, Dmitri used to be a professional weightlifter, though after pulling a tendon in his chest, he resigned from sports to instead partake in the church. He has been sent in the stead of Hierophant Vyacheslav, who continues to work at the International Council.