Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nekona's Detiny (WIP)

dinogirl

Legend of Altera
Sup biotechs, and welcome to my Minecraft fan-fic, Nekona's Destiny. OKay before you start reading I would like to clarify a few things 1.) This story is /not/ about my RP character Nekona but they do share the same personalities and looks. 2.) I self edit, so sorry if there are some grammatical errors or weird sentences or whatever 3.) This is based on my view of Yogscast 'Lore' (considering I started writing this when Shadow of Israphel was still going), and 4.) I will be editing this thread whenever I have a new chapter (unless I can't edit in which case I'll just post the chapters in separate posts... unlikely)
also I have quite a few other writing projects going on at the moment so don't expect the chapters to come out too fast TwT
anyway, I hope you enjoy ^^

dinogirl

Legend of Altera
Prologue
She hiked the reins of her carriage making the horses go faster and faster through the rain. She only had one thing on her mind: the safety of her only child. Hardly being able to see the path in front of her, she steered the horses blindly ahead only wanting to reach the place she chose to keep the baby safe. Suddenly, there were the faint lights of torches looming out of the dark. The lady at the reins pulled her carriage harshly to a halt and jumped off her seat.
She ran over to the carriage doors and a man came out carrying a small bundle of blankets.
“Is she okay?” The mother asked worriedly.
“Yes she is, let’s go.” The man replied gravely.
Running to where she saw the lights, the silhouette of a small house came into view, torches perched on either side of a worn green door. The man knocked rapidly on the door and after a minute or two it opened.
“Who’s there?” said the man right inside the door in an impatient tone. “And why’re you bothering me this late at night?”
“You are the swordsman of this village, right?” Asked the cloaked woman.
The man in the door nodded, confused.
“Please take care of this.” The woman held out the bundle of cloth to the man. He took it from her and then she and her husband bolted off toward the carriage.
“Wait!” called the man after them but the carriage had already faded into the storm. Looking down at the child in his hands he started to walk back inside when he noticed a small damp piece of paper tucked in the cloth. He picked it up and undid the wax seal on the envelope.
Only one word was written: ‘Nekona’

dinogirl

Legend of Altera
Chapter 1: The Riversrun People (and how I ruined their day)
This really is no way for me to be living, is it? I walked through the gates at the towns’ entrance and started heading toward the middle of town. Walking past markets and bazaars I eventually made my way to the inn. Looking up to the sun I saw that it was sinking below the skyline. I went inside the inn and immediately went to the reception desk.
“Hey there, and welcome to the Pig-Riders Inn!” said the red-headed lady at the reception. She must have been the bartender as well as the innkeeper because the neckline on her dress was much too low to be otherwise. “How many nights will you be stayin’?”
“Just two, thank you.” I replied.
“Okay that’ll be forty Emeralds. The tavern comes free for all people stayin’ ‘ere.”
I placed the stones on the counter and she passed the sign in log to me. Instead of signing my cover name like I usually did when coming to an inn, the name of Haley Starshine, I signed my real name, thinking that it was no use using that name anymore.
Nekona Fallowsword. I signed my name cleanly on the line and the innkeeper gave me a small key.
“Enjoy your stay in Riversrun, young lady. Oh, and by the way, me name’s Katy, if ya ever need me.” She gave me a wink and walked over to the bar yelling, “Who wants another round?!” with more yelling replying. I rolled my eyes and started heading up the stairs to my room.
The floorboards of the upstairs creaked and groan as I stepped on them making me feel like they were going to collapse under me. Turning a corner I bumped into someone.
“Sorry,” I said. The tall man was wearing a dark red cloak that hid most of his clothing and his hands were tucked into the opposite’s sleeves. He grunted and started to walk quickly to the stairs. Well that was strange, I thought to myself. Trying to push the man to the back of my mind I proceeded to my room.
Turning the key I walked in, closing the door behind me. The room seemed nice enough; a small chest to my right and a bed at the far end with draped windows on either side of the. I set my pack and sword in the small chest and locked it. Turning toward the windows I opened them to see the sun setting on the horizon. Below, I saw the river the town was on reflecting the sunset with a soft orange glow. I stared at the fading light for a while, feeling a little sad for some reason. After the glow faded, I sighed and walked over to the chest, grabbed my emerald purse from my pack and started to walk down to get dinner, locking the door behind me.

Back at the Pig-Riders Inn’s front doors, I could still hear loud noise- I actually think it got louder than when I first checked in- from inside and the lights were blaring onto the dark streets. Inside I saw the men at the tavern yelling at someone who was drinking strait from the large keg of ale behind the bar. Shaking my head I went inside and hurried back up to my room. Safely inside, I closed the door and went over to turn on the redstone lamp hanging from the ceiling that I hadn’t noticed before. I put my pack away and went to my bed, quickly falling asleep.
In my dreams, I was standing in a small room made of dark red bricks. There didn’t seem to be any doors or windows at first, but as I watched a small doorway opened on the far side of the room. I thought it would be my escape so I headed toward it. Then I saw a glow coming from the door way and saw a wave of molten fire slowly creeping towards me. I ran to the back of the room but the walls started to shrink, pushing me towards the lava. The molten slag washed over me and two red eyes flashed in front of me.
I jolted up in bed, panting, my right hand gripping the bed sheets. Looking down at my hand I saw that the segment of bed sheets under it was torn. I held up my hand to my face and examined the mark wrapping around my forearm, usually covered by my gloves and arm bracers: A ragged scar-like blemish, wrapping around most of my wrist.
I frowned. “It’s bigger than when I last looked at it.” I murmured to myself. Sighing, I got up and opened the drapes on the windows. Dim light filtered in and I saw the moon setting on the horizon. Down in the streets there were already a few merchants starting to open up their shops and people were strolling on the paths.
I walked over to the chest where I had stored my things and put my gear back on: Leather boots, arm bracers, brown gloves covering everything on my hand but the finger tips, and a dark cloak with a low hood. I grabbed my pack and took a quick inventory of what I still had with me: about four sticks, a flint and steel, two or so small wooden planks, a small dagger and some food consisting or two cooked pork-chops and some apples. I’m going to have to go shopping today, I thought to myself. I grabbed the dagger and tucked it into my shoe so that I could get to it easily if I got into a fight. Looking in the small and murky mirror next to the chest, I was startled by how beaten I looked. My hair looked like a spider had attacked it and I had bags under my strange, gold and silver bicolored eyes. My metallic eyes are what always get me into trouble, aren’t they? I thought to myself, a grim smile crossing my face.
By the time I was ready to go the moon had disappeared off the horizon and the sunlight was bright and strong. I went downstairs the main room of the Inn was empty and the innkeeper, Katy, was nowhere to be seen. Heading out the doors the streets were already bustling with people; some were dressed in armor so I assumed they were the town’s guards, while all the rest were dressed in regular street clothes. I started to walk around the town for a while, seeing what shops there were.
I passed an assortment of different merchants selling things like gold ore, piles of cobblestone, new tools and food. I bypassed most of them-I didn’t really need any of the supplies considering I’m not a miner or anything-but there was one stall that caught my attention. In front of an alleyway sat a woman wearing nothing but white robes that covered most of her body and face. Spread out before them was a cloth with weapons sprawled out on it; I saw quite a few swords of any material that can be made into a sword, some daggers, a flail, and several bundles of arrows. Sitting in the middle was a sturdy wooden bow in perfect condition with shiny gold colored limb tips and a black string.
“How much for the bow?” I asked the stall owner.
She looked up to me through a hole in the cloth. “You want to buy the bow?” She asked the question like she couldn’t believe someone actually wanted to but something from her. I nodded.
“Okay then,” She replied. “For you, it’s sixty emeralds.”
Sixty emeralds?! That’s, like, half of the money I have left!
“Oh, I’m sorry but I can’t afford that much-”
“Then let me buy it for you.” I cut off and I turned to see who interrupted me. It was a guy dressed in maroon armor, his helmet in his hand. He looked about sixteen or seventeen, around my age, and had short-ish dark hair and blue-green eyes. In his hand was a small pouch that probably held at least a hundred emeralds. He had a kind smile on his face but something about his armor troubled me and his presence gave me a cold feeling of unease.
“But-” I stammered. “You can’t-”
“It’s fine,” He said. Turning to the lady. “I’ll take that bow, ma’am.”
“That’ll be sixty emeralds.” The lady replied in an amused voice. Though I couldn’t see her mouth I was pretty sure she was grinning teasingly.
He tossed her the pouch. “That should cover it.”
She took the bag and looked in. She grunted. “Take it then, boy. It’s a nice present for your girlfriend.”
I felt my face get hot. The guy started to look a little red. “Er, she’s not my, uh, girlfriend, miss.” He said embarrassedly.
She waved her hand dismissedly, a glint of amusement in her eyes. “Whatever you say, boy. Now off, you two, you’re hogging my shop.”
He offered me the bow and I snatched it out of his hands. “Thanks for the bow. I’d better be going-”
He interrupted me again. “Sorry for asking but does your name happen to be Nekona Fallowsword?”
A shiver went down my spine and even though it was at least seventy degrees out the temperature seem to drop below freezing.
“N-no,” I mumbled. Then I realized how suspicious that sounded and put in, “Is that a thing with you? Always interrupting people and then asking or doing something stupid? And for your information my name is not Nekona it is, in fact, Haley Starshine.”
His blue-green eyes widened a bit. “S-sorry,” He stammered. “I was just wondering; I’m looking for someone with that name. I asked because my superiors told me to look for someone with silver and gold eyes.”
“Well you must be mistaken.” I said, trying not to let my fear creep into my voice. There was something about his armor that seemed familiar… That’s it! That’s the same armor I saw on the monsters when they raided the town! I didn’t know there were humans in the Dark Forces!
I slung the bow over my back and started to walk away. “Now I really must be going, I have other errands to run and-”
“Wait!” He grabbed the tip of my right glove and it slipped off my hand as I walked away. I turned to look back at him, angry shock on my face. My hand and wrist were fully visible and he was staring right at the scar on it. I grabbed the glove out of his hands and started to run through the crowded streets, weaving my way through the shopping people. I turned a corner into an ally and slumped against the wall, well away from the street, trying to catch my breath.
“Who the hell was he?” I asked quietly to myself. “Well at least I lost him.” Sighing with relief I looked down at my hand again and put the glove back on so that it covered the mark.
“And what do we have here?” A wispy voice came from behind me. I spun and found myself face to face with a tall man in dark clothing with pitch black skin. “Looks like someone stumbled into the wrong ally way.”
A second voice came from behind and another tall figure appeared. When I say appeared I don’t just mean walked up from behind, I mean exploded into existence in a puff of teal sparks. “It seems so. And she looks familiar too.”
“You’re right; you’re the girl our superiors told us to find. I can’t think that anyone else would have such strange eyes. I’m afraid that you’re going to have to come with us, Nekona Fallowsword.” He lunged for me but I dodged and started to run toward the streets. Out of nowhere the second person appeared in front of me. I skidded to a halt and spun around. Both of the monsters- Well, I assumed they were monsters considering I’d never seen anyone with pure black skin before- were on either side of me, their mouths gaping and their whole bodies jittering. I crouched down and grabbed my dagger out of my boot and held up the blade defensively. The creature deeper in the ally ran for me but I slashed at his chest but he disappeared in a puff of teal smoke after the first injury. I looked at the spot where he disappeared in confusion. Suddenly, I felt something hard jab my back and I jolted around to see the monster right behind me.
What the-?! My surprise quickly turned to annoyance. How in the Nether did he do that?!
He tried to grab for me again but I stabbed at his chest again. He made a horrible hissing noise and fell onto the ground, disappearing in a puff of black smoke. Small little orbs sprung from the ground where he died and floated toward me, a little bell noise coming from them when they floated over to my feet.
“You little-” I looked back at the other black monster, a smug look on my face. He was staring at me with pure hatred. “You killed my colleague! The Endermen race does not tolerate murderers of their kind!” My smile soon melted. He teleported until he was standing right in front of me and jabbed at my ribs. The breath was taken from my lungs and I fell backward landing on my back. The Enderman stood over me and raised his hand in the beginnings of a punch. I started cutting at his chest with my dagger but he didn’t seem fazed. He knocked the dagger out of my hand and it fell to just out of reach of my left.
“Now, I’m supposed to take you to my master, but he never specified that you had to be alive!” I brought his fist down but before it hit me something strange happened. Under my right glove came a faint reddish glow and my hand shot out and caught his fist mid-swing. In his moment of confusion I grabbed my dagger and slashed his neck open. He fell back and dissipated in a small cloud of black smoke.
I waited a moment for him to reappear but he didn’t. I let out a sigh of relief and started to walk back towards the street, ignoring the quiet echo of cackling behind me.

Walking into my inn room I collapsed on the bed and stared up at the ceiling.
“Last night in town,” I sighed and got back up to pack up my bags. I cleaned the monster dust from my dagger and put it back in the bag along with the rest of my supplies other than my sword, my new bow and... Never mind, it’s not important at the moment. I put my bow and sword on the bed and checked the room for anything I might have dropped.
I was about to go to bed considering it was already around ten when a crash came from down stairs followed by loud yelling. Grabbing all my belongings I ran downstairs, sword in hand, ready to make a run for it if necessary. At the middle of the stairs I stopped and crouched to watch what was going down.
About six men in red armor like I saw on the guy from before stood with their weapons level, blocking the entranceway. All of them look much older and aggressive than the boy I met before. Opposite the soldiers was Katy the Bartender and the rest of the Inn staring at the men in a mixture of anger and confusion.
“What do ye want ‘er for?” Katy asked one of the men who was standing a foot or two in front of the rest; I instantly assumed he was the leader.
“I told you already,” Said the leader guy. “She’s a thief and has been stealing from our troops for months.”
“Then good for her! No one gives a bats rear about the welfare of your damn army of monsters. Besides, she’s just a kid you can’t take her.” I gained a little more respect for Katy.
“Ma’am, she is a wanted criminal. The metal-eyed girl must come with us!”
A shiver ran down my back. No! How did they- that gravel-brained guy that bought me the bow! He must’ve seen me go into the inn. I looked back at the mercenaries and found a pair of blue-green eyes looking back at me. I let out a gasp. It was the same boy from before looking at me with smug amusement in his eyes and a smirk on his face.
“Sir,” He called to the leader who was still arguing with Katy. He pointed to where I was hiding and the leader turned towards me.
“Well, well, well, looks like we found our prize.” He turned to two of the soldiers next to him. “Seize her. But try not to hurt her.”
The two men ran over to me but I was ready. When they were two feet from me I leaped over them and unsheathed my sword, spinning and hitting them both with the flat of the blade. They hit the wall and I ran over to the rest of them as the people of the inn exploded onto the soldiers, overcoming them with fists and mugs of ale. I hit the first solder I came to in the head with my sword hilt and he crumpled to the ground. After that everything was a blur; I didn’t think about my movements or paid attention to my injuries, my only focus was to defeat them.
Over the yelling of the battle I heard a shrill scream and turned to see the leader of the soldiers with a knife at a small girl’s neck. In that moment something barreled into me from behind, knocking me to the floor. I felt hands grab my shoulders and heave me to my feet. I struggled against their grip trying to break free.
“I wouldn’t struggle if I were you.” He pressed the blade under the child’s neck. A thin trail of blood trickled down her neck and she let out a cry of terror.
“Stop it!” I cried. “You’re hurting her!” I noticed that the fighting had died down and that everyone was looking at me.
“D-don’t hurt her,” I said shakily. “I… I’ll go with you just don’t harm anyone else in the town.”
The leader grunted and a smug look crossed his face. He sheathed the knife and pushed the girl away from him. She stumbled over to a woman and buried her face in her skirt. The two guys holding me grabbed some rope and started to tie my hands together behind my back. They took my bag, sword and bow from me and started pushing me out the door. I glanced back at the crowd still gathered in the inn, mixes of shock, terror, and anger rippling throughout them. I saw Katy glaring at the soldiers with her frying pan still raised like she was going to clobber them. But she didn’t which I was thankful for; it might start up the fighting again and I didn’t want anyone to get hurt.
We walked out of town without disturbance. All of the people still in the streets parted to let the group pass. Even the town guards didn’t try to stop them and help me. They all just stood and watched.
We made it out of town and I gasped. In front of me was a smallish campsite, with a few beige tents and a central fire pit. I saw about another dozen soldiers all wearing the same maroon armor of the ones around me. But that’s not what scared me. What scared me was the large dark orange tent in near the middle. Even from here I knew what it contained: All the supplies and provisions for the entire monster- and now human- army.
I had reached the main cargo transporting group, the place where I could cut short the entire Dark Empire.

dinogirl

Legend of Altera
Chapter 2: My Escape… almost
“Keep moving,” The guards pushed me forward toward the camp and I started forming a plan in my head. We stomped down the slope toward the center fire pit of the camp stopping ten feet in front of the flames. The supply tent was on the other side of the pit. Two of my guards, including the one who had bought me a bow and then ratted me out to his superiors, went into the tent and came out moments later with a tall man with dark skin and a red helmet. Besides the hat he looked identical to the two that had attacked me earlier.
They called themselves Endermen… Where have I heard that name before…?
He started striding toward me and I was able to see into the tent. I saw shelves of full of various swords, bows, potions and other nasty things. If I can light the tent on fire…
“Well who in the name of Herobrine is this?” The Enderman said in a wispy voice like the other ones.
“She’s the one who’s been stealing from the other troops, incapacitating the some of the soldiers, and sabotaging the other camps.” The leader of the group who’d captured me said. “Or so I’ve heard at least. I’ve fortunately not been there when she did.”
“Oh you don’t want to… I saw her kill an entire squadron of zombies in one night. General John himself ordered her to be captured and brought to him.” He stepped over to me and I looked up into his glowing purple eyes. “Hmph, not so dangerous without your weapons, are you?”
“Just give them to me and I can show you how dangerous I can be!” I sneered. It was hard to look threatening when the person I was talking to was about twice my size. “I could take down the entire camp with my hands still bound!”
The Enderman let out a wheezing noise that sounded like a balloon being deflated. I realized he was laughing. He leaned in to look me in the eyes. “I’d take you up on that offer but the General ordered you to come to him alive.”
I scowled and stomped on his foot with all my body weight. “Gaahh!” He cried. He instinctively teleported a few feet back to the edge of the fire. “Put her in the tent and make sure she’s tied up and guarded!”
With that, the soldiers pushed me over to the tent on the opposite side of the fire. I would’ve laughed if it wouldn’t blow my idea.
These people are so stupid! They’re putting me in the supply tent with all their provisions, how much easier could this get!?
I stepped inside and choked back a gasp. The tent itself was about five meters wide and six meters long but on the inside it looked twice that, with various weapons, a rack of potions and books and several chests overflowing with food. The guards led me over to the wooden pole in the middle and started to tie my hands around it. After that one of them said that they’d get me food later (which seemed kind of pointless, being surrounded by food) and left.
As soon as the tent flap closed behind them, I brought by boot up to my hands and struggled to grab my dagger. I gripped it in my hand and started to cut through the rope binding my hands. All the while I wondered what happened to the people back at the inn. I pictured them sitting there and drinking like I never existed. I remembered the little girl that had almost been killed and a wave of guilt washed over me. I had almost caused her to die. If I had kept attacking then I probably could have escaped but her or someone else could have been killed on my account.
My knife cut through the rope. I started to get up when I heard movement from outside. A soldier in red leather armor came in, a piece of bread in one hand and my sword, bow and bag in the other. I carefully held onto the rope.
He threw the bread to my feet. “Eat up; we have to get going in the morning.”
I jumped up and hit the guy in the head with the hilt of my dagger before he even had time to react. He crumpled to the ground, unconscious. I smirked and was about to head out of the tent when something shiny caught my eye. I turned to look at all the supplies. One word came into my head: Loot.
I grabbed as much as I could, including my belongings though my bow was nowhere to be seen. I picked up one more potion and started to run out. I peeked out the flap to see if the cost was clear and another idea came to me. Going back to the tent for the last time I grabbed an orange colored potion labeled ‘Fire resistance’. I slipped it into one of my pockets and crept out of the tent, making sure that the coast was clear.
The camp was in between the town and a forest with a river running from the tree to create the borders of the main part of the village. There were a few small houses and farms surrounding the river but they were far off; too far for me to run there without being noticed.
I guess back into the forest. I thought ruefully to myself. ‘Cause I can’t wait to get nearly mauled by bears again.
Creeping around the tent I stuck to the shadows. It wasn’t easy but it seemed like most of the camp were either asleep or somewhere else. I was able to get half way through the camp without being noticed. Halfway... of course I didn’t have the luck to get farther. I turned a corner around a tent and saw three figures hunched near a fire. I quickly retreated out of sight.
“… Yeah I did.” I heard one of the guys say. I recognized the voice of the guy who bought me the bow earlier and had to restrain myself from charging him with my sword. Instead, I stayed in the shadows and listened.
“I can’t believe ye, lad!” Laughed different, gruffer voice, “Ye buy a bow for th’ same person we’re tryin’ to capture! Can ye believe this, Saur?”
“Well considering it’s ours now, it doesn’t really matter.” A third voice came in. The words came out shaky like the speakers teeth were chattering. “Though to be fair, I guess you get to keep it.”
They all laughed again. “Yeah, I guess so. I’ll put it to good use, trust me.”
I froze. His last words seemed to be directed toward me, like he knew I was there. Yeah right! I would trust a creeper more than him! I readied my sword, preparing to charge out when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned and saw a skeleton just turning the corner. I ran up and hit him hard on the head with the flat of my sword. He crumbled to a pile of bones in a loud clatter.
“Wha’ was that?”
I cursed. Putting my sword back and grabbing my knife, I ran back to the fire just as a short, black haired guy came around the corner of the tent. He had a large axe on his back and was wearing dirty iron armor. I jumped upward, pushing off his shoulder and kept running. I passed the campfire the three were sitting at and out of the corner of my eye saw a skeleton with a bow in his hand, pulling out an arrow. I kept running and heard the sound of alarm from behind me. In the tents I heard rustling as people woke and rushed outside. Keep running, don’t look back… I ran from behind another siding of canvas and skidded to a halt.
I came face to face with at least twenty soldiers, all in tough armor and a huge variety of weapons throughout them. Throughout their force I saw skeletons, zombies, spiders, as well as a few angry looking short, stout men all with long and scraggly beards.
I heard hoarse laughing and the people parted to let their Enderman leader come through. “Great show, girly, but as you can see you have no chance. Now come peacefully so we don’t have to beat the crap out of you.”
“I’ll take you up on that offer. Except I’m not gonna be the one being beaten up!” I leaped for him and slashed clean through his head with my dagger. He fell to the ground and disappeared in a puff of black smoke. The men around me stared at me in shock.
“Well, bye!” I sprinted in the direction of the woods as they got over their shock. I heard swift footsteps behind me. I dove into a nearby tent hoping no one saw me. Catching my breath I waited for the noise to die down around my hiding place before I ran again.
Suddenly, I heard the sound of a shattering glass and saw a silhouette right outside the tent in the direction of the forest. Sheathing my sword I grasped my dagger tightly in my hand and prepared to jump out. I sprang from the canvas, dagger aimed to hit the poor sap in the head with the hilt but when I swung there was nothing there. Instead I felt a jab in my back and stumbled to the ground.
“Crap!” I got to my feet swiftly and turned to see that guy with black hair standing across from me, an iron sword in his hand and a bow slung across his back. I realized that it was the bow that he bought for me before. Realizing this I’m not sure if I was more insulted or outraged.
He smiled. “Hey,”
I stared at him in angry astonishment. “Are you freaking kidding me?! You buy me a bow and then rat me out to your friends?! And then all you can say is ‘hey’?!”
“Yeah, pretty much,” He said like he was chatting with a friend and not someone he wanted in prison. “I think I’ll need you to come with me without fight unless you want my superiors to beat the living hell out of you.”
“Good luck with that,” I lunged at him, swiping at where he was standing with my dagger, but instead of slicing flesh I cut through empty air. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the glint of metal and a second later felt it cut at my arm. I spun to face him again, trying to ignore the sting in my arm.
I straightened. “Tell you what; I promise not to kill you if you promise to let me get away from here not mortally wounded? I promise to uphold my part of the agreement.”
He laughed and threw something to the ground in front of me. As soon as it hit the ground greenish fumes filled the air around me. I buckled and I fell to my knees, gasping for breath. I felt like my limbs had been draped in lead. The fog cleared and he was standing over me a smirk painted on his face.
“Wh-What was that?!” I gasped.
“Splash potion of weakness.” He replied. “Works pretty well doesn’t it? Of course along with my speed potion it certainly does make a good way to fight someone.”
I struggled to my feet, every movement a chore. I finally got up and held my dagger defensively toward him. A bead of sweat rolled down my forehead and I fought the urge to collapse again. This is pathetic! It’s an effort just to stand!
He laughed like this was just a game you would play with friends. “You’re pretty strong; Shame you aren’t working for our army, you could’ve been a great ally. I’d really hate to take you in, actually. It’d be less trouble to let you go.”
“Then why don’t you?” I sneered, trying not to let my exhaustion show. “There’s always that promise.”
He laughed again and rushed me, sword held in hand. At the last moment I glimpsed him reverse his sword grip and slammed the hilt into my gut. I let out a gasp of pain can fell to the ground. The guy kneeled down next to my face, grabbing my hands so I couldn’t get up. Not that I could anyway considering I felt like my ribs were broken and the weakness potion hadn’t worn off yet. Dark spots danced in front of my eyes and I felt my consciousness slipping.
“Haha, you know what, Nekona, I think I’ll take you up on that promise.” He was whispering next to my ear. “You don’t kill me and I’ll help you get away.”
I heard the clinking of metal chains and felt cold metal close around my wrists.

~~~~~~~​

(To be continued eventually soon)