Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New generations I guess.....?

Menel

Carpet Monkey
i agree about the 3rd book, but i realy think that he saved the books with the 4th =) even though the end was still kind of open :D

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Before I get any questions:

Yes, I own all these books (as in, they're mine).
Yes, they're all stored in my room
No, I haven't read them all (yet).

But this is what you get when you pile up all books in my room:
DSCN1358.JPG

Attachments

Menel

Carpet Monkey
looks legit, i won't have less =) sadly a bit blurry so i can't read the titles.....not that i can read or speak dutch though xD

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Ahh, 90% is English :p. But I'll give a short list of what about'ish is there.

Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings (+The hobbit, Children of Hurin, Silmarillion), A Song of Ice and Fire, Sword of Shadows, The Sword of Truth (book 1 till 8), Malazzan Books of the Fallen, The Dwarves (Heitz), The Dark Time (Heitz), the Elves, Narnia, Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath, Orcs, The Kingkiller Chronicles, The Krondor Triology (Feist), The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, both in Dutch and English, Eldest, Brisingr and Inheritance) and a ton more of minor series or books.

Menel

Carpet Monkey
indeed a good taste, i read most of the listed but luckily again, a few new are there too ;) oh boy, that will be a happy year :D

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
I loved the Dwarves series...I'm stalking Markus Heitz to see if he uses the series lore for anything else...
Tolkien is brilliant as well as the Skullduggery Pleasant series and Terry Pratchett.
I loved the Wee Free series by Terry Pratchett the most, especially with how the author creates the accenting, I compare them to Dwarves a lot of the time.
I also must declare my love for this thread, as there is material I'm going to Waterstones and buying now, as well as ordering off Amazon :p

Also, anyone ever read any of the series by Karren Miller? Nice series she does, I'm reading the Innocent Mage right now

Menel

Carpet Monkey
i think heitz used the lore for the albs? i am pretty sure i read something like that, well not actually the book but the back of it......mmmmh, can't realy remember...Legends of the Alfs it would be =)

by the way, how do you imagine them as dwarves? :D if i remember right they are about 15cm tall? :D and realy skinny :D

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
i think heitz used the lore for the albs? i am pretty sure i read something like that, well not actually the book but the back of it......mmmmh, can't realy remember...Legends of the Alfs it would be =)

by the way, how do you imagine them as dwarves? :D if i remember right they are about 15cm tall? :D and realy skinny :D
The way they use hills in the moors as homes as well as their tribalistic and racial pride of a nature and the amount of drinking. They're also blue with their celtic like tribal markings. There short like Dwarves as well

I'm also going to go look at Heitz books now then, he mentioned it at the forenote on a book about Alfs, so I'll have to read that

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
Oh I luuuuuuv readin'!
At first, I was a heavy manga reader. But now I'm older, so I'm reading REAL books.
I've read:
Warriors 9/10
(A few chapters of) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. 5/10
Percy Jackson and the Olympians 10/10
Heroes of Olympus. 8/10
(A few chapters of) Hunger Games.....I won't even bother rating the book :p (the movie is waaaaaaaay better)
Silverwing
And much much much more!

Menel

Carpet Monkey
mmmmh, i hope that we don't have passionate manga readers here now and there will be no discussion about what a real book is. if you want to do that please somewhere else ;)

looks like you've got quite a collection of the bestseller-fantasy there, judging on what you liked before you may be interested in the author Garth Nix and his The Keys to the Kingdom

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
(A few chapters of) Hunger Games.....I won't even bother rating the book :p (the movie is waaaaaaaay better)
I prefer the book over the movie. Mostly because it's the source material for the movie, it includes things not seen in the movie, it gives a better impression of every single character, it doesn't take creative liberties with itself, and I'm pretty sure the movie was filmed by a Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man.

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
I prefer the book over the movie. Mostly because it's the source material for the movie, it includes things not seen in the movie, it gives a better impression of every single character, it doesn't take creative liberties with itself, and I'm pretty sure the movie was filmed by a Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man.
Agreed, Hunger Games movie was appalling compared to the Hunger Games book, especially for pieces of the plot that were missing if you hadn't read the book.
Also, the Garth Nix Keys to The Kingdom series is good, I read it a while back and enjoyed it, never finished it though, I think I got up to Thursday if I remember correctly, maybe Friday

I know there's a lot of fantasy splashing around here so I wondered if anyone reads sci-fi? Pieces like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Timeriders