Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New towny prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyMossers

Lord of Altera
Have the town starting prices changed? If they're lower it helps me a lot... no cash and very hard to get it.

S

Stevey

No they're not lower. If anything it should be higher because we already have so many towns.

Minecraft_King_

Lord of Altera
I welcome the price drop. I have always thought that plot prices were a tad steep. I think the number of new towns will drop as well now as wurkit is gone.

CasioCane

I think I might like it here
The starting of new towns should come at a high cost!
The cash isn't that hard to get Andy you just have to do some mining and questing. You have to work hard to get the biscuit but it is well worth it in the end! ;)

Thanks though lars for the plotprice drop :)

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
I welcome the price drop. I have always thought that plot prices were a tad steep. I think the number of new towns will drop as well now as wurkit is gone.
It should drop, what people fail to understand is founding a town should:

1. Take a huge amount of time and effort
2. Take a huge amount of time and effort to keep it going.

People like taking pot shots at the established large player run towns such as Heavens Reach, Skara Brae, Warstrom and Aspendale but what they fail to realise is the collosal effort put into founding, building up and constantly restructuring the towns. It's not a case of "yay I'm mayor" it's actually a lot of work which is why so many new towns fall flat on their backsides after a few weeks when the new mayor realises he has to hand hold a lot of new residents and has to actually put time into things which aren't particularly fun.

I've no problem with new towns, but "yay I have a great idea, lets start a town" isn't good enough. People should need to get a group together to begin with, 2-3 people is never enough now, it was when we first moved to the new map but you'd be very lucky to expand a new town these days without a lot of work and proper management.

People need to start the town planning by looking at the lore, combining it with player profiles and once you've got a group of interested people with similar RP profiles actually found the town and begin building it up slowly. There's far too many people doing it just so they can be a Mayor, then failing to put the effort in.

sokkenpop

Lord of Altera
Ditto.

I put a lot of time and effort in it, and just now, town is getting together, while ive been running it for i guess a month and a half, not quite sure. (It was still on the 1.8 map)

People, I'm not THAT old on the server, but I took the time to get to know all towns, but now they're popping up so fast I can't keep up.

I'm speaking for myself here, good ideas are most welcome in my town, and I guess most other towns would also welcome new ideas. Not every project needs a new town, but could be an addition to an existing town as well.

You don't have to be a mayor to contribute something beautiful to the server, most towns would gladly welcome creative members!

Minecraft_King_

Lord of Altera
I understand half and agree that the cost of starting a town should go up. I think that plot costs for a new town should be around 5k as finances for new towns are very hard. After about 2 weeks plot cost could be moved up to 10k.

dracoboy2

Lord of Altera
With my town, i was planning it for weeks - drawing sketchiest and building designs on single player. I knew i had to bring something to the server, so i chose a Norse theme. I love my town and i couldn't have wished for better residents

i made the town after i had 100k, so this decrease in plot price is awesome (it is/was the only thing holding my expansion back). Thanks :D

wanderin_robin

Admin au Naturale
1. Take a huge amount of time and effort
2. Take a huge amount of time and effort to keep it going.

Not only that, but how well your town does depends on your ability deal with people, being a mayor (or even just being an assistant) requires you to communicate with people (both the other mayor/assistants and the townsfolk) constantly, making decisions and enforcing rules if your town has them, kicking people if necessary. Lots of the organisation is done out of game, through the forums so you have to be active there too.

Sometimes its hard, whether it people being difficult or arguments breaking out etc, but the positives of running a town far outweigh the negatives, you just have to prepared to put lots of effort, and have the right sort of attitude towards running it.

tl;dr

No Pain, No Gain, and dont be an tool

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Indeed. Running a town is not at all easy. You're always being called by everyone, and you have to be able and aware of how to help them, to the best possibility. The best towns are usually the ones with the best communication and organisation skills. Not the location or money.

Status
Not open for further replies.