Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nilef - Application [Approved - fencible]

Nilef

Villager
1. Your Minecraft username: Nilef
2. Your real name: Nile Frater
3. Age: 16
4. Gender: Male
5. Country: Scotland, UK

6. Have you read the Tome of Citizenship or agree to do so before signing into Hollow World for the first time?
Read and mentally digested.

7. How do you feel about the 'roleplay' aspect of our server? Do you have any experience roleplaying?

I've ran serious roleplay servers on other games for well over a year now and engaged in serious-roleplaying since I was 11.

8. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, your interests / hobbies and why you are here in 8 sentences or more.
I'm an avid fan of both roleplay and Minecraft. One of my favourite aspects of Minecraft is that sprawling, user-created worlds are easily created with infinite depths. Hollow World is a perfect example of a Minecraft universe rich with content and an intriguing world to explore. The impression is given off here that I could wander the lands for days and days and still find settlements and creations bursting with lore and history.
And what better for a dedicated roleplayer than to happen across a server where, not only is the world rich in lore, but the playerbase is entirely made up of roleplayers? Imagine, entering a town and instead of being greeted by a sea of mute, seemingly immobile citizens with diamond pickaxes clutched within the hands of their Assassin's Creed skin, you happen across multiple roleplay scenarios fitting in with the theme of the town and creating a realistic, believable, interactive and above all, immersing environment.
That is something I have sought for what feels like aeons, and I believe I have finally happened across it. The perfect oasis for my coherent and desperate mind, wading through the sewers of the Grand Theft Auto generation in search of, at least, an experience worth committing to memory.

As for myself personally, I currently attend High School and hope to study Medicine or the Media at University (Very, very different I know). I spend most of my time playing Garry's Mod but after my community there finally died out, I came back to Minecraft, which I generally play in 4-5 months bursts before returning to GMOD. This pattern has continued since Minecraft was in Alpha. I am a huge music fan, especially of the 50s and 60s and I dare say I am one of the most if not THE most avid fan of the Beatles and John Lennon you will ever come across. I regard John Lennon as an idol and a hero. Buddy Holly and The Shadows are other favourites from around then, but my music taste also has odd turns. I am a huge fan of dubstep, especially Borgore and Feed Me and I also enjoy Crystal Castles and the massively underrated Faithless. Ska is another favourite genre, along with 80s electronic pop. All in all, I have a very diverse music taste.

I play guitar, bass guitar and Mandolin. I hope to get a sitar but they're mega-expensive and I'm having trouble affording one at the present minute.

I thoroughly enjoy politics and writing. I have a keen interest in pushing the body to it's limits and also human nature. Particularly, I have a keen interest in sleeping and dreaming, "biohacking" and parkour. I am firmly of the belief that our bodies have much more potential than we have yet realised.

9. If you have examples of your work please attached them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
Sorry, I have none.
10. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
Negative.

11. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
Such dark arts are of no use or interest to me.

12. How did you find out about our server?
MCServerList.net

13. Have you voted for us? (Click Here)
Not yet. I'm sure I will when I soak up the community, however.

Edit: Fixing formatting issues

Auxilium

Cobblestone King
Please add more to question number 8. We are a close knit community and want to get to know you as a person. I would like to see more about you: your hobbies, likes, dislikes, what you are studying, what you want to do as a profession etc. Things of that nature. Thanks! :D

lovelorn

Loyal Servant of Altera
""I am firmly of the belief that our bodies have much more potential than we have yet realised""

as a side note, your last name is Frater...
irony...
eh hem

fencible

tiny.cc/HW_Texture_Pack 
Approved, excellent application :)

Welcome to Altera!!!

Most players when they log on want to jump in and get established/build before they do anything else. In Hollow World players must first find a town before they can build. You may join a town by asking the mayor or assistant mayor to add you. You can view all the information about a town by typing /town [townname].

Please visit these links. The first will help you choose a town, and the second has a lot of useful information.

http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?forums/altera-census.43/

http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/the-altera-survival-guide.6860/