Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[No Longer Canon] Revenge of Fallen Hearts (Incomplete)

Knight Xavier

Lord of Altera
This is a really bad short story I started writing in my early years of High School (Around early 2012). I never managed to finish it and reading over it now. It's horrible. It is based on my old character and unfortunately is no longer Canon due to lore changes by the server (Mainly Magic and otherwordly factions).

About the story: Xavier is a mentally scared knight of the Aether who had to witness the murder of his Parents. Xavier’s mission is to find the murderer and take revenge on what he did. The murderer is an evil cultist who is a member of the cult of faghnar. But Xavier needs help and the only help he can find is from a large kingdom called Altera. For Xavier this is the most important time of his life, to find the murderer.

As Xavier leaves his bunker for the last time he heads north, in hope for civilisation. Around 3 hours after he leaves he comes upon a strange shape in the horizon, “it’s a boat” Xavier shouts but before he could get closer he is hit from behind and knocked out. As he wakens he sees a figure at the other end of the room, a girl. “I’m (need someone) why are you here?” “I’m on a quest, to find a cultist and I believe he is here,” Xavier looks around the room and outside the window he sees a lovely port with huge ships rocking from side to side as the waves batter the side of the gangways. He looks on and spots a familiar ship in the distance, a ship that he hasn’t seen since he was a child. “It’s an Aether ship!” shouts Xavier. “I haven’t seen one of those since I was a child. Do you know who it belongs to?” asked Xavier. “Yes I do actually, it belongs to a retired knight that lives in Heaven’s Reach” Said (need someone) in a nice voice. Xavier continues to look about and as he stares at a ship he has a horrible Flashback.

Seven Years Earlier:

Back before the battle the air was heavy with joy, the trees swayed from side to side, and the sunset bloomed with an amazing glow. But also back then there was a horrible event. “We’re under attack” Shouted an Aether Knight “It’s the cult of faghnar!” Shouted another! As the men grabbed there bows and swords the battle raged on as the flames grew higher and higher and then eventually died on a silent landscape, nothing but ashes and Death around survivors. As Xavier is left standing with his sword in hand another shadow appeared “You murderer!” Shouted Xavier. “What have you done?” “I have made the world a better place Xavier, without you Aether knights I can take over the kingdoms and make the world in the shape I want it.” Said the Cultist. “There are greater people than us Cultist, people that can stop you.” Said Xavier in a brave voice. “I’d like to see them try” and a soon as he said that he faded away into the mist of the burning town. Xavier continued to search and hopefully find other survivors but nothing, and then just as he thought things couldn’t have gotten any worse, he found his parents, lying there dead.

Xavier falls to the ground in pain, tears in his eyes as he saw the cold silent bodies of his parents, But as Xavier begins to walk away he hears a desperate cry for help “Help!” shouts a quiet voice “Hello? Are you alright?” shouted Xavier “I… I’m trapped, please help me” shouts the voice again. Xavier begins to dig through the rubble trying to reach the person trapped until finally he finds him trapped under a wooden beam that had fallen from the roof of his house. “I’ll get you out but you need to keep still, it might hurt.” Said Xavier in a calm relaxing voice. As Xavier begins to lift the beam the boy screamed in pain. “I’m sorry, I did say it might hurt. Is it just your leg?” asked Xavier “Yes, I think so.” Xavier picks up the boy and lifts him over his shoulder “Come on we need to leave here, it’s not safe anymore,” They walk for days on end, Hoping to find a village or town, and finally they find a small town east of the Aether city. “I’ll leave you here, I must continue and find the murderer that killed my parents,” said Xavier. “Ok, thanks for helping me out of there, without you I would surely be dead” Xavier puts the boy down and continues to find the Cultist. He walks for weeks maybe even months taking refuge from the horrors of the nights, and then 7 years later he finds himself in the house where it all comes back.

As Xavier returns from his vision (need someone) has walked outside to the Aether ship. How did he manage to get here Xavier thought? How was he able to escape the cultist? Xavier walks out of the room and through the front door. Where he is stared at by passers-by he managed to find his way to the ship where (need someone) is and has a look around, “can I meet the owner of the ship?” asks Xavier “Sure, I’ll take you to him” and off they went to the owner of the boat.

As they walked Sandy asked where Xavier came from but Xavier didn’t answer, he was too busy thinking of where the cultist might be and what he is going to do. A little while longer they reached a small stone house on the edge of a cliff. “It looks deserted” asked Xavier, and he wasn’t wrong the house looked like it had been blown up. “This isn’t right” Said Sandy “It shouldn’t be like this” They walked inside the house and found a trashed house and laying there a body. “The body’s cold” said Xavier, this was no ordinary murder Xavier thought. “Look there” said Xavier as he spotted a symbol on the floor “No! He’s here!” Said Xavier with a scared voice “Who is?” asked Sandy But before he could answer he was running to the docks. As he looked around he spotted another familiar ship at the other end of the docks, its true he thought, the cultist is here and he is trying to wipe Altera out. But Xavier will never let that happen.

As Xavier knows Altera is in danger he calls upon the help from the community, some will help other will not but Xavier will need an army to take the cultist’s down. So for one last fight most of Altera gather at port silver to help him. “I bring you here today citizens, as Altera is in grave danger. I need archer’s swordsmen and mages to help me take down the man responsible for this grave mess we are in. This man I a member of the cult of Faghnar and we must stop him or Altera will be destroyed.” The crowd cheered as Xavier spoke, raising their swords as a show of courage and bravery. It could be his last fight or even the scariest fight of his life but Xavier needs to stand tall and hope his parents are watching over him.

So for one last stand they went into the Sorrowlands. It was a horrible journey, nights and nights on end. They were attacked from every side at the most unexpected moments until finally they reach a small village where they can take refuge from the monsters that dwell in the sorrows. While they are there they count the injuries and the losses to make sure he didn’t miss anyone. Two people went missing during the journey when they took refuge in a cave but it got so overrun Xavier had to abandon the cave.

As day begins they set out again in hope for finding the cultists hideout until a few hours later they find another town but this one wasn’t so lucky. It was in ashes and ruins. “He’s been here” said Xavier in a sad voice “Check around for survivors” and so they did but instead of survivors they only found ruins and ashes. Before they left they created a memorial to the losses of this small village. So they continued for days following the trail of destruction left behind by the cultists. The nights never ended and neither did the attacks. They managed to take refuge in a little underground base that was abandoned and they found an amazing discovery. “Weapons and armour” Shouted Xavier. We need these if we want to take down the cultist. They walked thought the final day and night until they reached the base of the cultist and they thought they had been sneaky until they saw a barrage of arrows raining now on them.

End