Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Norton's Ban Appeal

I've been informed I was banned for making a cobblestone generator. However, I did not make a cobblestone generator, so I am quite confused as to the meaning of all of this, or what was taken to be a cobblestone generator which certainly was not.

There are a few reasons why I would not make such a device. Firstly, I think they are moronic to be frank. Stone makes up 90% of the world; you can dig less than a block and bump into it. Cobblestone generators are also exceedingly slow to mine in comparison to just digging straight down into the earth, or around inside of the earth. I have always told anyone on any other server when they mentioned making a cobblestone generator that it was a silly idea for the aforementioned reasons.
My second reason I would logically not do such a thing is that I literally, with the help of my compatriots although it was mostly myself, dug out an entire mountain. Not just any mountain, but something quite far into the sky, and I do believe breaking the old height limit by quite a number of blocks. As such, I mined loads, upon loads, upon loads, upon loads, upon loads of cobblestone; partially my idiocy for not knowing that by starting that high up, all you would get would be stone as that the only thing that generates on those first layers you dig through. And once I managed to get to lower layers, I of course still had masses of cobblestone mined from it, although I did manage to get to things worth mining. I had chests upon chests worth of cobblestone from that whole venture. It was more than I could do anything with on one hand, and on the other it needlessly and annoying filled up my inventory. As such, I have thrown more stacks of cobble (along with dirt and gravel) into lava and just outside out of my way to despawn than I could possibly remember.
My third logical example as to why I would not do this is whenever I did mine stone, I mined it to make rads pure and simple. That is why I chose the treachery plains of the SW, with all its bandits and PVP, instead of the EF; stone pays you money. Cobblestone does not pay money.
Fourth, and related to the third reason, I also don't particularly like cobble. As stated previous, I consider it mostly a nuisance once it gets to a certain point, and due to its plentifulness in the world, it always gets to that certain point. It fills up chests to the brim when those chests could be filled will things more valuable, which leads me to throw cobble away rather without care for losing it. All stone was to me was the rads gained from mining it mostly, and I did not nor do I care for the cobblestone gained as a result of it, which I -as stated previous- much of the time just threw away as I already had too much chest space taken up by cobble already. Likewise, my town really has no need for cobblestone, and the only reason I mined was for the rads the server gives for mining stone and the actual valuable materials for the town building and those things that could be used to work on construction. My town is Byzantine, or at least what we're working on for the foreseeable future is. We use sandstone and brick, and I pressed for that to be the building material. Any stone related materials we need are very, very minor in relation, and the amount needed as a result is already met due to everybody and their mother gaining cobble from doing anything at all in Minecraft (again, it's most of the world).

I'm not sure exactly what has been confused with nefarious goings-on by me, but whatever it is I can earnestly tell you must be a mistake. I have never X-Rayed, and I think doing so is idiotic given that you would be found out and banned from playing on the server you were using such a cheat to further your success in. I haven't PVP'd illegally. I haven't insulted any fellow members. I haven't sworn. And I certainly did not work to make a cobblestone generator. I haven't done anything ban-able in my time on the server because I have been respectful in general to my fellows, and respectful and obeying of the rules, because I believe doing anything other than that would be silly since I don't want to be banned, and I think it's silly to do anything to get yourself banned. It's not in my nature, and I do sincerely hope you understand and have faith in me.

I would like to end by saying if certain grammar is off, or if I wrote the wrong word, or if I did something like write "Does" instead of "Doesn't", or anything of that nature, I apologize. I'm just rather flustered over all of this as I saw only a short time before writing this that I was banned.

ZETHCRON

Lord of Altera
I checked the mine Norton. If there was a cobblestone generator in there Sally most likely removed it. Or maybe she confused the lava you use as a decoration/lighting for a cobblestone generator because it has some water streams flowing threw it.

Norton isn't the type of idiot to do something to get himself banned, he's the type of idiot to have some fun, legally.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
emperor_norton_i Cobble generators are NOT allowed! SallyPirate 26 Jul, 2012 2:25pm
Permanent

Sally will be the one who has the final say. A cobblestone generator is an area or device that repeatedly creates cobblestone for mining. It doesn't necessarily need to be automatic for it to be a generator.

ZETHCRON

Lord of Altera
emperor_norton_i Cobble generators are NOT allowed! SallyPirate 26 Jul, 2012 2:25pm
Permanent
Sally will be the one who has the final say. A cobblestone generator is an area or device that repeatedly creates cobblestone for mining. It doesn't necessarily need to be automatic for it to be a generator.
Just some minutes after Sally banned Norton She went to sleep. So Norton, you're going to have to be patient and just hoped we can get misunderstandings out of the way...

I checked the mine Norton. If there was a cobblestone generator in there Sally most likely removed it. Or maybe she confused the lava you use as a decoration/lighting for a cobblestone generator because it has some water streams flowing threw it.

Norton isn't the type of idiot to do something to get himself banned, he's the type of idiot to have some fun, legally.
Permanent
Itzza, I wasn't speaking of an automatic generator in my explanation. I didn't recall that there was such a thing until you mentioned it here, and the only time I saw that was quite a long time ago. But I did not make a generator, whether it be manual, automatic, systematic, hydromatic or anything else.

Zeth, if she was talking about the thing you mentioned around the mine, I could now understand what the misunderstanding would be. But that's not a cobblestone generator. As you mentioned, its for lighting since mobs were a problem in that area where I had the woods and it also helped to see in general when I was lumberjacking the forrest I planted and just trying to walk around in general. It was also something I could lure mobs into walking into so they'd leave me alone, since it get's dangerous up there, and it's something I intended to be something a bandit might accidentally step into (though I'm not sure that ever worked).
It actually originally came about when I set that lava moat within the mine up after SparkInSpace set his home to that level of the mine. The lava moat you see in there is there so he doesn't /home his way in to murder us. And the lava I put outside was just left over buckets of lava I thought could do all the things I mentioned before. There is water nearby, yes, but that water was put there so I'd have a source nearby and wouldn't have to keep going up and down the mountain. It also came in handy later if I accidentally stepped into the lava.
I frankly didn't even think of a cobblestone generator as something it could be mistaken for when I put things where because I just had those things there for the aforementioned reasons. That's just kind of the central area; the mini-forrest has its epicenter there, the waterfall path I made up to the mine is next to there, my water supply was put there, and lava was put there to light up to keep mobs from spawning and to trick them into falling in if they spawned anywhere near and so I could see better.
If she was talking about something else, I don't know what that would be, but it'd still be a mistake since I did not create anything as a cobblestone generator.

Just some minutes after Sally banned Norton She went to sleep. So Norton, you're going to have to be patient and just hoped we can get misunderstandings out of the way...
I just hope things work out in the end.

Alpha

The Watcher
While I was writing this morning I was also talking to Sally, from what she described it was a cobble generator, be it automatic or not has nothing to do with the fact that one was constructed. Just the act of having one is against the rules.

ZETHCRON

Lord of Altera
All I'm going to say is that Sally in the past has never banned anyone without good reason.
We will see, that's not saying Sally faulted.

While I was writing this morning I was also talking to Sally, from what she described it was a cobble generator, be it automatic or not has nothing to do with the fact that one was constructed. Just the act of having one is against the rules.

Did logblock, or what ever it's called, show Sally that Norton was the one to make the cobblestone generator? We will find out.

Alpha

The Watcher
We will see, that's not saying Sally faulted.

Did logblock, or what ever it's called, show Sally that Norton was the one to make the cobblestone generator? We will find out.
Please stop the attitude, your undermining comments don't help anyone. Unless you can post anything here that is pure evidence, "not opinions" please don't post anymore.

All I'm going to say is that Sally in the past has never banned anyone without good reason.
I do not believe she acted nefariously. But she is mistaken.

If she was talking about what Zeth mentioned, and what I could see her talking about, it was not a cobble generator. I'm not concerned with an automatic or not debate, since I don't know how that really enters into this. It wasn't a cobblestone generator period. Those two pools were what I mentioned above. And if you check can check on such things, you would see the only time I broke anything there may have been once or twice when it was griefed by someone and the walls broken, and so I put the barriers back up to keep everything separate. I remember an incident where someone did, and I got upset that they destroyed part of my lava and I had to go scoop up another bucket and break what I think may have been obsidian to get the pools back. I think it may have messed up the water as well, making me go back down to have to scoop up some of that in order to fix that pool.
If you can also check on any cobblestone in our possession (mine and Capua) and check any log info on that if that's at all possible, you could see I mined it from either that giant mine or other legitimate sources. And again, think of the logic here: I mined out an entire mountain of cobble. I have an annoying amount of cobblestone. Why would I make a generator to make something I already mined and did not want because I had more than I'd ever need? Why would I go to all that trouble when I was fracking* down through levels and levels of stone?
If she is indeed speaking of that mine area, it was not a cobblestone generator. It was two pools next to each other, one lava and one water, because I needed a water supply on the mountain as it was a far journey to get it elsewhere, the lava lit things up and burned up mobs, and the area they're in is just the focal point area of that front yard to the mine. I didn't even think they would be mistaken for a cobble generator, because I wasn't thinking about cobblestone generators. It was just two pools.

If Sally was looking at anything else, I don't know what it could be, but it'd still be a mistake.

*Fracking refers to digging straight down to bedrock.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Deleted comments, unless you have something relevant to add please refrain from posting until Sally has given her say.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Ok checked it. On the face of it, after hawkeying the area, it doesnt look like one to me.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I still think it's best to wait until Sally says what's needed. For all we know this mine may not even be the location.

That's not a cobblestone generator. I put the water there to act as my water source on-site since the mine is atop a very tall mountain and water sources are far away. The lava is there to light up my forrest/central area, and to ensnare mobs and possibly a wayward bandit just off the waterfall who isnt watching his step. They're near one another because that is just the central area of that front yard, and the epicenter of the forrest, and where you get off of the waterfall swimming up; it's nothing more than that.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
So it's a 2x2 lava hole conveniently next to some water, to light up the area, where there's nothing else like this around your mine?

There isn't much room elsewhere around the mine for that. The one side is sheer off the cliff, the other side is a thin, thin strip of land, and the back is something I never got around to but which Zeth occupied before I did get to claiming and mining it. And all the focus on the mine is up front; that's where you walk in and out of, and traverse, where you get off the waterfall or cross while going from the hidden ladder area towards the door because there is only 1 door and it faces the front yard. That area is just the focus of where everything is. You get off the waterfall there, or cross there when getting from the ladder and walking inside inside, and that's the epicenter of the forrest. Someone else owns the land further out from that, and frankly the land where I have the forrest epicenter, as well as the two pools, was the broadest area of flatness. Also, when I'm running away from the monsters into my door, I'm not somehow breaking in through the sides or back; I'm going through the front door and thats where my focus is. If I'm generally going to be in an area outside working on that mountain, its not going to be on the sides or back, it's going to be right outside, where I can punch a mob into the lava or have it wander there via luring. And the light from there keeps me safe in the immediate area from monster spawning. Likewise, there's only one water pool not just because of lack of space, but also because I only need 1 water source; it's not a long walk to that. And the lava hole is 2x2 because the water is 2x2 and as a design, its just what my mind thought worked I guess, for OCD or design uniformity. It would have been weird to have a 6x3 lava pit, which would never have crossed my mind since the water pool is 4 blocks so it's just something not even above subconcious for me to make the lava the same dimension.

And it's next to water for no other reason that "Here's where I have the lava pit, and I need my water, so the water can go here" (I don't remember which came first; I think the water may have come afterward once I made internal waterfalls. Then again, I also made waterfalls on the one side and I do believe I made the water pool to help that. The lava pool came around the time SparkInSpace was attacking our mine, I do know that). I wasn't thinking about a cobblestone generator, even as something it could be misconstrued for. I wasn't thinking I needed to have it 3 feet away or something so no one mistook it for anything nefarious because it was to me just the two liquidy things in a logical area and the thought of having them eons away would not have crossed my mind as a necessity.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Well considering you're a long time player and generally well behaved, I'll believe you. You need to remove either the water or lava though, so it cannot be used or confused for a cobble generator. Yes generators are useless, but people still make and use them for some unknown reason. Out of all my time of being on Minecraft, I have not figured out the use of a cobble generator cept for sky challenges :I..

I'll unban you now.