Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

nvillemur ban appeal[Resolved -Tempban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Anyone pointed out the fact that Legion is one of our oldest admins?

Just a thought on who might be in the wrong here....

nvillemur

Villager
Legion attacked me in a non pvp area. This is against the rules and obviously made me mad. In addition to this he harassed me for over 20 minutes. I understand he called me a fool while roleplaying but that doesn't mean he needs to follow me and ask for contempt to kill for 20 minutes and still attack me anyway. Look at this from my perspective. I'm jumping around spawn happily and he gets mad because i walk into him. If to you guys "trolling" is the attempt to make others angry, that's exactly what he did. He attacked me in a non pvp area.... does that not count for anything? I understand he is a very old admin (and i respect that) but that does not give him the privilege to just attack me (and my dog) in spawn. Also whats up with all these irrelevant comments... I thought only people related to what happened or just admins should post. Everyone here is just being bias and jumping to conclusions. I got mad (and this all happened) because he ATTACKED me in spawn.

nvillemur

Villager
Everything i said was a result to try to stay in character and not let your trolling (yes, thats what it was, getting to that) disrupt rp.
As this is an RP server, the focus is on RP, and therefore it is against the rules to purposefully disrupt others who are trying to RP. Your actions not only made it hard to stay in character, but you started making it hard to have fun.
I tried to respond to this in an RP manner, hoping you might get the hint that this is an RP server and would either let it go or even join the party.
Finally it got to the point where I wanted to (in rp of course) pvp kill you. So I followed you into a cave and we sat there for about 15 minutes doing nothing whilst I tried to get consent to pvp. You never gave it, so I decided it was a waste of my time, and left.
I did actually hit you once, whilst at spawn, but that was an accident and I apologize.

Here is what you did that is considered trolling:
1) Pointlessly breaking character, bouncing around, and then ramming into people who are trying to roleplay. Its impossible to stay in character if every five seconds someone just walks through you.
2) Taunting with "lolololol" after you were asked to stop.
3) The entire situation with consent for pvp (see sally's logs above)
4) Going on then to complain about someone using "may" where you thought that "might" was correct. (which you were wrong about even.) You were very clearly trying to elicit a response, you were trying to be annoying. Evidence of this is when you went on to brag about how you know 4 languages, and then said that your grammar is better than ours.

At the end of the day it comes down to this:
There is no point in mods and admins wasting their time on bad players who are only here to troll, when they could be spending their time helping the good players and developing new content.
In response to you're points that consider trolling
1) I was bouncing arround because i was happy and enjoying the town buildings. So far i have not been on many servers with towns well made such a this one which is why i like to just "bounce" around and check things out. If you want to stay in character than maybe you should go to a more private area.
2) I said "lolololol" because i laughed at the fact that you were threatening me and got mad due to something so mild.
3) The entire situation with consent for pvp was all caused by you. I did not want to pvp and i left so everything would stop. You already "stabbed me" but you kept on "shoving the knife deeper", i clearly stated that i was mot rp mode and i did not want to pvp, i guess you did not understand that.
4) The grammar correction i made (to me) sounded more appropriate. Although i guess may is technically correct most people would say might aswell. I apologize for this correction but i just thought the sentence sounded weird.
5) You did not just hit me "once" and it was not an accident. I got hit at least 3-4 times. Wether it was you or one of you're two other friends i do not know. And if it had been an accident you should have apologized which you didn't. Instead you just did it again a couple seconds later.
Im going to say this again I WAS NOT TROLLING. I was angry because you attacked me a couple of times. You made me angry. I'll admit that in this event my behavior was inappropriate but yours was aswell.
Also sally i did not say i did'nt care if they banned me. I dared them because i did not think they would ban me because they also broke the rules.
*Since soccernut's comment is just raging and trolling his comment should be removed, especially because he has nothing to do with this topic.
*And roopot, no pvp is not disabled at spawn

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
If you want to stay in character than maybe you should go to a more private area.
Seriously? This is an RP server. Therefore, people RP. In character. Wherever they want (unless they're OOC intruding or something). It's the spawn point, an ideal spot for RPing because anybody can come along and join in.
2) I said "lolololol" because i laughed at the fact that you were threatening me and got mad due to something so mild.
Again, it's an RP server. He stated that he was remaining in-character - I'm guessing that being quick to anger would be a trait of his character or something (I don't know the specifics of this, just calling 'em as I sees 'em). Saying something like this which is clearly out of character whilst people are trying to roleplay is disruptive and annoying.

Like I said, I don't know the specifics of this incident so I can't comment on those without further inspection. But if you want to "bounce around", perhaps you should do it where you might not disrupt other people using the server for its prime purpose.

Also, whilst Soccernut is indeed posting something that doesn't serve a purpose in this ban appeal as he's not contributing anything worthwhile nor was he involved, I am going to remove his comment. But that doesn't mean he's wrong - you don't need to post four different messages, just edit them together or write them all into one.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
I was just writing the same sesponse as Justshadow... You sniped me!

Your first point made your defence invalid nvillemur... RP goes before everything here. Don't say do it somewhere else... Go jump around somewhere else... I would have done the same as legion, but with a lot less patience...

nvillemur

Villager
Well i apologize... next time if i get unbanned i will simply not jump around since you guys hate it so much.
P.S. What do you guys even have to do with this???

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
What we have to do with it? We are the mod/admin team, we have everything to do with it. We are the ones who decide if you will even be unbanned...

Your appology does not seem real and you still don't seem to understand the reason for your ban...?

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Nvillemur, I only hit you once, never hit your dog, and it was on accident. Believe that if you will, Im not bothered if you dont.
If you felt harassed, im sorry, but it really didnt seem that way. Just look at the logs to prove it. You were trying to incite a reaction. Whether this was on purpose or based on the fact that you didnt understand that you arent allowed to disrupt RP, i dont know, but either way I and the people with me (Naelwyn, Karasu, who will both vouch for this) tried to act in a way to maintain our RP and get you to stop bothering us.

I told you to stop (in rp albeit, though i did say OOC that what u were doing was bad RP), you did not.
If you understand why disrupting RP on an RP server is a problem, and you promise not to do it again, id be perfectly happy making this a temp ban rather than a perm ban.
Its not the fact that you were jumping around, its that you were jumping around through people disrupting rp and then not stopping when asked.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Change it to a weeks ban and be done with it. In future have some common sense and don't interrupt others trying to RP.

nvillemur

Villager
Thanks and sorry i didnt know you were the mods/admins i thought you were just random people postin like the troll earthspawn on the first page. I wont do this again but legion you or youre friends did attack me and my dog more than once remember how in the cave the dog was following you. I did not mean to incite a reaction or anger but i apologize if i did. I will also not disrupt roleplay on this server even if it includes just running around.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Thank you. Also, feel free to run around however way you like, so long as you dont disrupt others.
I cannot account for what nael or kara may have hit u or ur dog, but i dont remember it. That doesnt mean it didnt happen though.

RedDragoonSpider

I think I might like it here
Oh, wasn't aware there was an older format, relatively new here. I myself didn't notice admin names were brown till he pointed it out.

Edit ::Sorry off topic::

Status
Not open for further replies.