Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

October 2023 Newsletter

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
1696179607180.png

1696179615205.png
First Week of Ghostmoon
-
Season of Decay -

Welcome to the October edition of the Hollowworld Newsletter!....

1696179620187.png

[ SERVER UPDATES ]
EVENTS,
The Events team continues to host player-requested events and Arcs that move the roleplay of the server. The current player Arcs wrapping up or ongoing are:​
+The Twisted Night Star: The Finale is complete of events in both the overworld and hellworld. We figure out the conclusion of the Night Star and where he resides. https://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/the-twisted-star.774/
+What We Sow: Is beginning to come to its last Arc and series of events! Be prepared for the build-up: https://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/what-we-sow.777/
+The Serpent Sanguine: Prisoners are at last released and take in their days after their harrowing captivity. The Basilisk Queen is at least slain, thanks to the aid of a group of fighters. https://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/serpent-sanguine.776/
+The Last Bastion: A group of willful souls continues their onslaught against the Undead https://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/last-bastion.760/
I still encourage players to host their own events within their cities or within the Landing. Here are some ideas folk can do:​
-Auction Event​
-Tavern Brawl/Musical/Drinking Hour​
-Market Fest​
-Ball/Dance/Gala​
-Training Event: Scouting/Fighting/Archery​
-Joust​
-Spelunking/Swimming Fest​
DIVINE,
August was rough for the Divine Team. We have one team member going on a permanent hiatus, and nearly the entire team was out for a large portion of August. That said, we are still pushing through guidelines with the Arcane Team (these will be applicable to both systems to bring the lacking divine spells up to par with the arcane spells and vice versa, as well as being applicable to artifacts).​
In August and through September, we have worked a lot of curses, some divine grounds questions, artifact reworks and submissions, and several rank-ups.​
In September, we released the next two sets of guidelines and are working on the revival guidelines, along with ward/shield guidelines. These will be most useful to arcane players in writing customs but will be used by the divine team when the spells are reworked. The extent of the rework is still in discussion, but it will likely be a major overhaul of the system in general. Starting with rank-up requirements, which we are hoping to have a releasable rework for by the end of October. We also welcomed Sneekz, Si10k, and Galaxy as divine helpers to look at artifacts and rank-ups.​
With the new stats system, we are working with the rest of the team on going through the spells and artifacts to update the new system. Until we are able to get to all of the pieces, use the equivalent skill (which can be found in Lannis' announcement) in place of the old, and use +/-2 for advantage and disadvantage on artifacts until we can address all the discrepancies.​
ARCANE,
Arcane (as of writing this) currently has 11 custom spells in discussion, and is actively working on guidelines for spell types, including:​
• Teleportation​
• Levitation​
• Obscuration​
• Illusion/Glamour​
• Warding/Shielding (this is the most recent!)​
Beyond that, while ArgetIstalri is on break, the team is working on the Animancy rework, with finishing touches intending to be put on the spell list soon in order to get it to the best place it can be.​
SERVER OUTREACH,
SO continues to work on player retention & improving the experience for players. We have been floating ideas of updating the tutorial, creating some feedback forums, and finishing off the Cathedral as of late. If you have ideas or motivation, please reach out to IceandFire for more.​

1696179625599.png
[ IC NEWS ]
Be sure to check out the [ Roleplay Announcements ] thread!​
Some events planned for the upcoming weeks can be seen below, though check the [ Calendar ] regularly so you don't miss any!​
[ x ] All Hallows Eve Masquerade Ball - [ October 28th - 3pm EST ] [ x ]​
-Be sure to post your events on the [ Calendar ] so they can be added to the newsletters!​
Be sure to check the [ Alteran Rumors, Gossip and Hearsay ] thread!​
[ x ] After a long period of inactivity, the Fi Faladiir Shipyard in Storm's Landing is once again bustling with laborers, designers, and materials actively being moved.​
[ x ] Several dwarf clans have moved south to escape internal conflict in the far north. Settling now in the midlands, they remain hard at work against both the undead hoards of Cor Votum, and also the impending march of winter.​
1696179627366.png
[ CHALLENGES ]
Hollowtober!

Hello, artists! We are doing another year of our spin on 'Inktober' with various rewards for participating, as well as completing the challenge!​
Each day in October, a new prompt is set, and it’s for you to draw whatever it is you like that works with the prompt word itself. You can use any media, it can be a sketch or a more complete work, you simply need to try and post something per day in October which is in itself a challenge. Huge thanks to Somnastra for providing the prompt list!​
1696179638368.png

As for rewards for this challenge, we have participation prizes for anyone who submits at least one entry, and prizes for in between! Prizes will be given out after the month. All art should be posted in this thread and clearly titled with the date and prompt word.

Participation: x2 vote tokens, 2,000r, and one item from the Crossroads!

More than a few: x3 vote tokens, 5,000r, and four items from the Crossroads!

Completion: x5 vote tokens, 10,000r, four items from the Crossroads, AND a free title!

Copy of Copy of ICEANDFIRE (800 x 200 px) (800 x 100 px) (500 x 100 px) (500 x 50 px) (3).png
1696179652109.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mara

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
The_Reaper_Angel
The_Reaper_Angel
Legend
Day 1: Star

Just took this one more literally and did some color with it to practice with my Prismacolor

IMG_0387.jpg

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
Day One | Star(s)

image0.jpeg

(Yes I know it's a bit lame, I had a concept I wanted to try and, somewhat got it. Enjoy my neat eraser.)

Last edited:

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
I don't have tons of time today but I might come back to redo day 3
Till then though have my little avatar to remind you all I'm the best cook on HW

1696357532252.png

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
Day 3 | Witch

image0 (2).jpeg

(*4 hours later* No sire, the SUN is not an optimal source of energy to cast a Fireball.

Made this one in class between assignments as it was very boring and tedious, hopefully I can do Day 4 or Day 4.)

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
going to spoil these because i wont be at my computer for a while and i dont want anyones screen to yell at them. today i wanted to get ahead so i did todays and tomorrows. If anyone is curious, the corruption prompt made me think of praes divina and how it fell into disrepair and got enveloped by the blightlands.
IMG_3439.jpegIMG_3440.jpeg

Last edited: