Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Official Hollowworld Texture Pack

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
No-one else has said they don't like the hay texture, who are these many other people? If everyone hates the hay texture then some suggestions on how to improve it would be helpful instead of just saying "see what you can do about it" :p

- Boulder
Yeah the Hay seems a little too... bland to me, too plain, and lacks detail...?

Schirf

Settling in Altera
I mentioned it in voice channel the other day... I think the hay block, at a distance, looks like a bag of flesh... but I wasn't complaining because the rest of the texture rocked my socks off.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
The item's picture for the rose seems really not cool at all to me, when you place one in an item frame it just appear... sick and puny. Would it be possible to swap it with any other roses images the texture pack already have ?
When placing the rose on blocks, there are several images that are chosen at random, any of them would be better than the item's one we currently have :)

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
Request for a bit of teamwork!

We have lots of talented artists who can do amazing things with those little coloured dots we call pixels, just imagine what could be achieved if those clever folk helped with the texture pack. We could one day soon have a completely custom resource pack that would make the experience on this server absolutely unique and wonderful
(I know there are some clever sound guys out there too! yes, you over in the corner..).

So this is a request to all artists, if even just a few people worked on a few textures a week then the pack could be radically updated in no time! Also if someone is willing to step up and take over organisation of the pack I would be grateful.

- Boulder

JasonK94

Hylian Thing
Request for a bit of teamwork!

We have lots of talented artists who can do amazing things with those little coloured dots we call pixels, just imagine what could be achieved if those clever folk helped with the texture pack. We could one day soon have a completely custom resource pack that would make the experience on this server absolutely unique and wonderful
(I know there are some clever sound guys out there too! yes, you over in the corner..).

So this is a request to all artists, if even just a few people worked on a few textures a week then the pack could be radically updated in no time! Also if someone is willing to step up and take over organisation of the pack I would be grateful.

- Boulder
DIBS (Oh, right... Teamwork...)

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
I am not at all good at things like this.. but I am willing to help out anyway I can.. Apprenticeship sounds silly.. but perhaps one day.. I shall learn :3

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Some ideas: Make golden weapons(Or other ones that aren't used often) Different things for Rp, to expand on the immersion, as in be some kind of weapon or something...I don't know...it'd just be kinda cool to see I suppose xD

Evan1114

Lord of Altera
I think it would be cool if we had connected textures for beds, like when you place two or more beds side-by-side with each other, it looks like one big bed.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Tried myself at the haybale with a texture less plain and with more details.
Thoughts ?

2013-08-02_21.25.56.jpg

CaliburofSouls

Lord of Altera
Nice Ptiber! But I think the top needs to look a little different.. It looks wierd and spotty.. BUT OTHERWISE! AMAZING!

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I have a request, for thatched roofing. If we make the yellow carpet look like un-thatched hay, it would fit well. And in vanilla MC, it looks identical too! This means we can have the trim of thatching and the rest of the roof to look the same.

-K9