Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Story On The Edge

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
This story is based of Sally's concept, Edge of Reality. I will try and update this with a chapter a day. In the meantime, enjoy! Also, please post feedback :D

On The Edge

Prologue

The cold, damp ground is where I wake up. Groaning, I rub my eyes, remembering the party of the night before. Maybe I had drunk too much? I couldn't be sure.
As I slowly tried to stand up, I realised that there was no grass. Thus, this wasn't my back yard. Perhaps I should try to find myself back.
I know fully stand up. Mist swirls around me, agitated by my movement. The ground is plain dirt. Now fully awake, I look around myself. No houses I could see. No street lamps. No asphalt, no concrete. Not even a tree. Only mist and dirt, for the two meters I could see around myself.

I decided to simply aimlessly walk around. I wasn't hungry, although I could feel that at least twelve hours had passed. I now walked in a straight line, to not walk in circles. Something felt strange, though. And some paces further I knew: My footsteps weren't making any noise.

I stamped on the ground. An audible, although muffled 'thump' emanated from the floor. Glad that my hearing wasn't lost, I started to walk further again.
But no longer than three steps had I walked again, when a shriek pierced the air. Startled, I spun around.

The same shriek pierced the air again, coming from right before me. I stood, paralysed, as a ghost-like being came towards me. But ghosts weren't real! I pinched myself, hard, hoping to wake up, wake up. It didn't work. The spectre now passed through me. I felt as if ice went through my whole body, freezing my blood. I turned around, and it was slowly floating away. The ice, however, consumed me. I was slow, then finally I slumped down. I couldn't feel anything.

The horrible world went dark.

Chapter 1

Slowly waking up for the second time, I noticed it's still dark. As I try to stand up, my limbs could only be moved with extreme force, like they were moving against blocks of ice. As I slowly fight my way forward, I notice the sky, if one could even call it that, becoming ever so little brighter. Now the force against me didn't feel quite so hard. I moved forward, pressing farther, and it became increasingly easier to move.

By my estimate some thirty minutes later, it was strangely much brighter, not nearly as much as a noon-day sun, but very bright for a half-hour after dawn. By now, I felt that I could move as freely as before, and started lightly jogging now. I may not know where I am, but I still felt free.

After a while of jogging, I actually saw something through the fog: and it was a tree! I laughed quietly and nervously, as this was the first actual sign of life since I came here. I ran up to it, only to find that it was dead. I was disappointed, but I should not have expected differently in this hostile landscape. By now, it was also strangely becoming much darker, even though I hadn't been going for long. I wondered, then thought it pointless to think about it.

I walk further, and see something very much pleasantly surprising. It was actually a sign of human, a house! But then I overcame my excitement. I should rather approach this with caution. I slowly moved up to it, and was even more surprised to see light burning faintly through the shutters. I now thought about what to do, and made a simple plan.

I went up to the window, tapped lightly, but still easily audible, and went around to the other wall around the corner. This triggered what I at first thought was nothing. I waited patiently, then I decided to look.

As I crept around the corner again, a man, holding a lantern and a crudely fashioned dirk, looked me directly in the eyes. I jumped backward, holding up my hands to show I had no weapons.

"Who are you to scare the living daylight out of me by knocking on the window, hmm?"

"I- I only wanted to see if this wasn't actually a trap!"

"Well, come on in then. If I are gonna live here, might as well have a meatshield."

As I followed the man, I noticed he wore a very distinct earring: Apparently made of silver, it shimmered and impossible seemed to ripple.

I was not prepared for what was behind the door.

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
(And finally, five knifes, one for the butter, two for starters, and two for main course.)

Also, post feedback if you like it, tell me how I can improve, I need it! And monkey, ye can post now ;)

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
What I like best about my writing is that I make it up as I go along, which brings all sorts of unexpected twists and turns that nobody expects, which most people seem to like. So, who knows? :3
Post anything new you make on the original concept, so everyone can use it :D

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
And Chapter one added! I will also make a post on the concept page which I update when I add something new to it.