Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

On the topic of Poison- Help request.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
So- Im looking for nonlethal poisons to equip myself with IC based on IRL. Im really struggling though. Many of the poisons im finding are far to deadly or not safe enough to risk use.

My ideal poison would be a sleeping poison but I'm completely drawing nothing from the web. I'd love to tap you all as a resource on this research.

Help a brother out.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Chamomille, Valerian, Lavender, Passiflora Incarnate are example of plants that help you relax and ease anxiety, but you're likely going to have to mix ingredients to find an actual poison, to which I can only suggest going to Lore team. Poison recipes like this are meant to go through them first.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/...rces/common-poisonous-plants-and-plant-parts/

Jimson Weed (Thorn Apple)
All parts
Abnormal thirst, distorted sight, delirium, incoherence and coma. Common cause of poisoning. Has proved fatal.

Black Locust
Bark, sprouts, foliage
Children have suffered nausea, weakness and depression after chewing the bark and seeds.

Oaks
Foliage, acorns
Affects kidneys gradually. Symptoms appear only after several days or weeks. Takes a large amount for poisoning.

Golden Chain
Bean-like capsules in which the seeds are suspended
Severe poisoning. Excitement, staggering, convulsions and coma. May be fatal.

Wisteria
Seeds, pods
Mild to severe digestive upset. Many children are poisoned by this plant.

Lily-of-the-Valley
Leaves, flowers
Irregular heart beat and pulse, usually accompanied by digestive upset and mental confusion.

Autumn Crocus, Star of Bethlehem
Bulbs
Vomiting and nervous excitement.

Monkshood
Fleshy roots
Digestive upset and nervous excitement.

Larkspur
Young plant, seeds
Digestive upset, nervous excitement, depression. May be fatal.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Chamomille, Valerian, Lavender, Passiflora Incarnate are example of plants that help you relax and ease anxiety, but you're likely going to have to mix ingredients to find an actual poison, to which I can only suggest going to Lore team. Poison recipes like this are meant to go through them first.
Im not really looking to put anything to use yet. Just in the googling what exists phase, No reason to bother lore team until I find something worth using you know?

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
http://www.shakespeare4alltime.com/uploads/4/1/8/1/4181397/plant_poisons_in_shakespeare__1970_.pdf

There are various poisons through Shakespeare's plays that the characters use to induce a death-like sleep. The link, if it works, has the added bonus of providing these along with various lethal poisons that you could potentially use. I do hope that this helps :)
Yah I looked at that. Im worried that Nightshade may be a bit much for sleep.

I gotta study it in more detial but I feel like its a bit more violent a reaction than napy nap time now.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
rly it's more a problem of "literally everything is fatal in a high enough dosage" and "literally nothing is fatal in a low enough dosage (unless it's, like, water in which case you're just going to dehydrat eobviously)," given that there's such a thing as water poisoning

romans used nightshade as an anaesthetic (might not have been romans, idr) for things like childbirth, which is obviously a very fatal plant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_poisonous_plants i use this list

Sir_George_III

Lord of Altera
In my digging I haven't found much in terms of sedatives that would fit a medieval'ish setting. I'll keep looking though, I don't mind it, I've found some interesting stuff so far :)

LePancake

Loyal Servant of Altera
Yah I looked at that. Im worried that Nightshade may be a bit much for sleep.

I gotta study it in more detial but I feel like its a bit more violent a reaction than napy nap time now.
Nightshade was used as makeup as well. It really depends.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Your options for 'non-lethal' + 'poison/toxin' are a kind of.. teetery balancing act. Blarg mentions it well. The only difference between lethal and nonlethal is how much they get.

I can actually provide better advice if you can tell me how you mean to administer it. (Ingested? Inhaled? Contact? Through a weapon?)