Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Open Letter] Undead Bites

Magiik

Lord of Altera
Attention people of the Northern Kingdoms,
There is a condition that affects some of the individuals who are bitten by the undead. We have no name for it yet, though it is dangerous. My patient has been left completely bedridden within a day of being bitten, and is suffering from fever and nausea, as well as experiencing sensitivity to light.
This is no normal infection. The bite wound itself exhibits no signs of infection. The entirety of the symptoms and the condition's lethality and duration are currently unknown. This is a warning message to avoid being bitten. If you are bitten, find a healer as soon as possible to treat the wound and watch for signs of the unknown condition.
If anyone has information about the condition, please send it to me in Heaven's Reach. As I learn more from my patient, I will send further letters with the symptoms and treatment options to everyone that I can.
Stay safe and may the gods be with you,
Ater Impes, Physician

The letter appears to have been written in a great hurry, though is certainly legible. It is sent to the leaders of all organizations known to Ater, in the hopes that they will spread the information to their people.

OOC: Looks like we've got a disease to deal with, friends. Time to find out exactly what it does. As I find out more, I'll likely be posting the further letters here. Feel free to post responses here, too. If I forget any major organization, I'll post a reply saying where it was sent and tagging folks. This is going to be fun.

A letter has been sent to:
Grafjell - solus
Thiil - IceandFire
Anhald - Cap Rygan
House Dyer - Glados
Arget Isles - Immerael Lady Alec
Reignfall - Tempy_

More copies are posted around Heaven's Reach, and will be told directly to the leaders currently stationed there (once I can get online at the same time as them)
Hawklight folks would be able to see them - Axex Jak
Riseport folks would be able to see them - blargtheawesome
Ranger Sentinel Jaden Seeker would have various crumbled up copies of this letter chucked at his head - CloakedReaper

Magiik

Lord of Altera
A second letter is sent to all of the recipients of the former. A copy of that letter and a copy of the new letter are sent to Tambry, as Ater was reminded of its existence by his comrades.

This is an update on the condition, which is undoubtedly Skraag's work. All sources I have found imply that this condition has not surfaced until now. Whether it is a new plague from the Sorrows or due to the lack of undead bites we in the Northern Kingdoms see is unknown. I again request that any information regarding this condition be spread to everyone, as we are all fighting this undead menace together and any information that can save lives should be public knowledge.
My patient has been in his current state for around two days now. We have moved from Heaven's Reach to Grafjell. To those that urge me to kill him out of fear that he will turn, I hope that this place will help to deter that possibility. His symptoms currently include nausea, fever, sensitivity to light, headaches, and a sore throat, though the last one is thought to be due to the first. The original wound is still remarkably not suffering from infection. It is unknown if further symptoms will develop or for how long these symptoms will last. I recommend using normal methods to deal with the symptoms, and making certain the victim is drinking water is of the highest priority.
To the best of my knowledge, my patient is the first of the victims of this condition. I will keep him alive for as long as I can in an effort to determine duration and symptoms of the condition. On the off chance that he does turn, I will send word on the fastest birds I can find to all of you. Otherwise, I will continue to report everything I can learn from him.
Ater Impes, Physician

An extra note is included for Grey and Ashna (and ONLY Grey and Ashna), considering Ater's currently in their city
My patient is Aspen, and we are currently in the Greythorne Ranger Hall on your isle. Should you wish to examine him yourself or make certain his accommodations are to your comfort, please come talk to me. I have no intention of bringing danger to you or your people.

OOC:
So the disease seems to progress by OOC days. At least, that's what I've gathered, so ignore the thing about two days since bitten and having traveled from Riseport to HR to Grafjell during that time. As for the letter itself, I would say it's safe to assume that these become public knowledge a few hours after being posted here (aside from the private note in this one), though it's really up to the recipients. Ater's sending them with the hopes that everyone will be warned. I'm also not going to tag folks again because that was a lot of tags.

EDIT: Actually, I will tag solus and Estes241 due to the specific note to them

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Noted- Will come about to RP when able tonight. If I can't catch you, we'll try tomorrow

Magiik

Lord of Altera
A third letter is sent to everyone that received the previous letters. A copy of the previous two and the new one are sent to Stavroforia, addressed for Lillium Hal'Shinkmaho Cukie1 . For those wondering how Ater has managed to write and send all of these letters, he has a lot of time between working on his patient. The quality of the handwriting has also suffered as a result, but is still legible. He also has help.

This is an update on the condition. Due to recent discussions, I have begun to refer to the condition as Skraag's Curse or Skraag's Touch, for it is believed to be the work of the divine himself. Once more, I ask that any information regarding this condition or any information believed to be related to it, be made known to myself and the others studying this condition, if not made completely public.
It has been three days. A rash began spreading from the original bite wound soon after I sent my previous letter. Other than that, the previous symptoms have continued. Use the appropriate medicines for these symptoms. Keep the victim from scratching and make certain that they are eating and drinking. Even a weak broth can make a difference.
There is nothing more to report.
Ater Impes, Physician

OOC:
So, the actual time for the Skraag's Touch itself has these symptoms happening at 2 days, but this is still accurate due to a few things that happened. I love this whole medical rp thing going on where Ater is having to try and figure out what's going on, how to deal with it, and how to keep his patient comfortable. It's awesome, though I recommend not getting bitten to those who don't want to risk spending a few OOC days cooped up. Could make for some interesting character development, though, if you're into that.
Also, technically, as I post this day 4/day 3 of symptoms has begun. Ater sends daily updates, though, so I'll just stick with the one for now.

Magiik

Lord of Altera
So basically what happened is I logged off, already had this prepared and written, went to proofread one last time, and fell asleep in the middle of it. In between the time of me logging off and posting it, I was in and out of collapsing.
Also, I have a laptop. Technically I had gone to bed like an hour or two before that.

Magiik

Lord of Altera
A fourth letter is sent to all of the previous recipients.

This is an update on Skraag's Touch. The infection has entered the fourth day since the initial bite. The patient has become weak, developed nosebleeds and shortness of breath, and has an endless thirst. The other symptoms remain, though are being dealt with. There is little more to say.
Ater Impes, Physician

The handwriting quality may have suffered between this letter and the previous ones.

OOC:
Honestly not sure why I keep doing this, but I'm committed at this point. And I'm nothing if not stubborn. Expect more of these each day at around this time until the thing is over.

Magiik

Lord of Altera
A fifth letter is sent to all recipients of the previous letter.
This is an update on Skraag's Touch. The patient has begun bleeding out of the mouth, eyes, and ears. The patient has become delirious and aggressive.
I have been told that not all bites result in this infection, or any infection at all. I can confirm, as I was bitten myself when the wards were discovered to be failing. It is highly recommended that you do not amputate the limbs of those bitten, as they will need them to fight. Unless the wound is infected beyond any saving, leave the limb.
Ater Impes, Physician

OOC:
Um. Yeah. More letters. Wooooo. Enjoy. Smurf

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
A fifth letter is sent to all recipients of the previous letter.
This is an update on Skraag's Touch. The patient has begun bleeding out of the mouth, eyes, and ears. The patient has become delirious and aggressive.
I have been told that not all bites result in this infection, or any infection at all. I can confirm, as I was bitten myself when the wards were discovered to be failing. It is highly recommended that you do not amputate the limbs of those bitten, as they will need them to fight. Unless the wound is infected beyond any saving, leave the limb.
Ater Impes, Physician

OOC:
Um. Yeah. More letters. Wooooo. Enjoy. Smurf
If this has become public knowledge. I'd like Dum'ni to send you a letter asking for a meeting.

Magiik

Lord of Altera
If Dum'ni is in contact with the people receiving these letters or leaves his rather isolated place on occasion, he'd likely know. I'm fine with this stuff being common knowledge and expect it to be, but it's really reliant upon the recipients spreading the knowledge.
So, yeah, it's probably public knowledge. He's making no attempt to hide it.