Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Orc God

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
Can the orc god be implemented into server?

Gwamith The God Of Greenskin
God of brutality, strength, toughness!
Orcy symbol: A mace with an orcs face on it
Orcy colours: red and green
Moto: We crush da 'ummies, we cwush da pointy ears, but we wike da wittle guyth! And de west of em' we alweady destwoyed, devourered, and ate, dey tasted bad.

Alpha

The Watcher
We on the RP team would like to extend an apology to this being delayed in a forthcoming answer.
Fitz is otherwise preoccupied with real life issues, the main being his up coming wedding.
And myself as I have been incapacitated for the past week and a bit.

I shall endeavour to get this throughly looked into and if I can, implemented into the lore.
If I may make a suggestion though, see if you can come up with some sort of Orcish language, as I can see to much Warhammer taken reference here.

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
We on the RP team would like to extend an apology to this being delayed in a forthcoming answer.
Fitz is otherwise preoccupied with real life issues, the main being his up coming wedding.
And myself as I have been incapacitated for the past week and a bit.

I shall endeavour to get this throughly looked into and if I can, implemented into the lore.
If I may make a suggestion though, see if you can come up with some sort of Orcish language, as I can see to much Warhammer taken reference here.
What would you recommend changing?

Alpha

The Watcher
I would suggest taking a forgiegn language that you like/know and using that as a basis.
From there the world is your oyster.

Derk

Lord of Altera
I think we should have some words skewed, but I don't think we should have every single word changed or skewed.

For a Orc home (unless town policy gets in the way) the home of a Orc should be sort of a cave setting or a hut. Also the area they tend to live in are harsh (Dersert biome?)

Also might as well put this here. Just some simple things to think over as a Orc.

How to talk and/or play like a Orc:

Granted when you play as a Orc you can be lazy on your typing, but there is a sort of art for a "perfect" Orc Tongue.One time I came across a Orc who talked like Jar Jar, I suggest against this.

Orc's tend to not be very educated with this they don't have too grand of professions or posistions other than leader of a clan, and the ones that are smart are few(If a Orc wanted to be a Wizard I could see it but the spells would be very simple or basic). For my Orc he is not the smartest one and he is a Blacksmith, why he is of a craft like this? Cause it isn't hard to swing a hammer on metal.

Orc Words: (For saying a race you can be creative in calling them whatever as long as it would describe the race)

Ug=Hi
Dat=That
Dis=This
Guud=Good
Elfie/ Pointy Ear= Elf
Pink Skin/ 'umies= human
Short man/ Dwarfie= Dwarf

Fitz

Back with a platter of heart leaches...
Retired Staff
herro, sorry for the delay. yeah I'm with alpha on this, ditch the classic warhammer orcy talk. da army of da undred undred teef is already too full and to well used. we are trying for a more original lore here. sure rip off other sources, just make it less obvious. the first thing I said to gaby when she forwarded the god description to me was "Lol, I'm thinking yes but less rip off of the warhammer orcs." and I hadn't even read this thread yet! XD

I really like you taking the initiative on this though! perhaps russian, german, or even arabic or hebrew. those throaty sounds would sound good coming from between tusks. also what if orcs aren't all that dumb? a misunderstood and noble (if violent) race of warrior philosophers or something?

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
herro, sorry for the delay. yeah I'm with alpha on this, ditch the classic warhammer orcy talk. da army of da undred undred teef is already too full and to well used. we are trying for a more original lore here. sure rip off other sources, just make it less obvious. the first thing I said to gaby when she forwarded the god description to me was "Lol, I'm thinking yes but less rip off of the warhammer orcs." and I hadn't even read this thread yet! XD

I really like you taking the initiative on this though! perhaps russian, german, or even arabic or hebrew. those throaty sounds would sound good coming from between tusks. also what if orcs aren't all that dumb? a misunderstood and noble (if violent) race of warrior philosophers or something?
BTW I'm doing hebrew. Hebrew FTW