Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Patrickdxs's ban appeal [Resolved - Unbanned]

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
These are the following reasons I was banned:
"Patrickdxs banned for: Inciting Drama, Denial of roleplay consequences, Inappropriate roleplay themes, inappropriate role play interactions, powergaming, and not stopping roleplay that made others uncomfortable when asked to stop."

The inciting of Drama on my part was entirely a mistake, and was fueled by anger about RP and OOC events that I felt I had no choice in, and I am entirely in the wrong. I felt like I was being bullied and attacked when I was simply not listening to staff for anything that was going on around me, and my character and his traits as a whole at the start was indeed a drama-bomb waiting to happen due to his IC flaws that I drove to the point of causing issues with people OOCly, and thus started Drama when I suddenly found myself surrounded with justified IC consequences. I apologize for this, and I have taken note of this before the ban to avoid it happening again.

The denial of roleplay consequences are covered similarly above, in the fact that I was unable to listen to the obvious around me out of anger, and I let myself go to far with how I felt. Again, I apologize for this wholeheartedly.

Inappropriate role-play and being told to stop RP that made others uncomfortable I am unable say much about as I did not want a RP that was going on off-server to transition onto the server, and was honestly completely unaware that during this off-server interaction there was RP going on on server, and I had not initiated this inappropriate RP ICly or OOCly, and had never intended it to become such. The fact that I had missed the role-play going on around in server while I was away did cause a serious issue OOCly to arise, and that is my fault for not making sure ahead of time the intentions of every player involved OOCly before continuing the innapropriate Role-Play. I have nothing to say that I regret I failed to stop this mess and I take square blame for continuing a RP which had been inappropriate. While I was told and assured many times that I had not disturbed the players OOCly during this RP, the fact remains that it is one of the reasons I have been banned and there is no excuse for it.

Finally, powergaming while as much as I strive to avoid it, to stop any form of over-powering my characters, acting out unrealistic actions, and otherwise ruining the experience of other role-players by being unrealistic. I have power-gamed before not only because of my naivety and lack of knowledge in how combat with specific types of weapons worked, but also because of my stubborn ignorance of other players actions and characters in the heat of a moment late at night. I am afraid I had let myself go to far in role-play during combat, and stepped over boundaries when acting towards another player and am deeply sorry for that.

I accept the fact that my list of actions has reached a absolutely unacceptable number, and that I have acted entirely out of line, and thus that I must face whatever punishment the staff decides. I apologize for my actions that have made role-play on the server less enjoyable for others, and I regret that I have caused any determent to the players and the role-play they enjoy. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Okay. I would like to know what exactly you intend to do to reduce instances of OOC arguing and such. From your end.

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
Okay. I would like to know what exactly you intend to do to reduce instances of OOC arguing and such. From your end.
First, I am removing any possible mixing up of mindsets, both from my end and others, concerning IC and OOC by getting rid of an extremely problematic character, Corvus, who through his very questionable traits, has brought about endless bad Role-Play because, to be frank, I did not think about the consequences of making a character who's core trait was being stubborn, annoying, and pretty much a trouble maker, thus the deletion of his character thread. This has the added benefit of taking me out of a selfish mindset I had when playing Corvus, as he was not only confrontational but I also didn't take consequences this character brought upon himself. Not to mention his attitude I Rp'd him with was terrible towards others. Finally, and perhaps the /biggest/ thing on the subject of Corvus, removing him may also remove the stigma I have going against me for playing him, as I will be honest, I do believe many /many/ people now hate him as a character (due to pretty much every action he's done, from trying to become a ranger to fighting against many many organizations) and that if I end the Role-Play of him, it may help alleviate this stigma. I had attempted this before the ban by changing Corvus to a pacifist with a new, far less less annoying personality, however I am still going to be keeping him inactive for a long time, if not forever, to remove the mentioned stigma.

Second, I intend to start taking more consequences, and end my belief that my character can escape some of the situations I have tried to before. I acknowledge that I need to take more consequences and think logically, which will fit into my Role-Play and characters in the future very visibly, I do believe that at least for a while, I need to Role-Play without IC fighting, conflict, or violence, so that way I may instead watch, understand, and learn how to correctly participate in that form of Role-Play without inciting OOC arguing. I believe that a combination of taking any consequences heading towards my characters, and limiting myself to non-violent, non-aggressive actions, (this includes resisting consequences ICly), while watching how other players Role-Play these actions, will help me immensely in avoiding OOC arguments.

Third, I would start employing my own policies that will prevent any sort of OOC arguments before the subject they are about even begins, I think the two biggest things that will do this, is two very important ideals that have been neglected in my Role-Play thus far. The use of the region rules, and following the laws of the town I am in. Rather than going off my own character's ideals in /every/ situation, as I have been, I will instead take a more logical approach, and rather than starting or participating in fights in moderate regions, or breaking a towns laws, I will abide to these region ratings with the utmost ability I can, so no more fighting or conflicts even begin IC, and thus cannot form OOC. While I will also take my time and understand each situation I am in, through town laws, information, and other facts so that I do not end up in a point where people, including myself, no longer enjoy the Role-Play presented.

In short, I am taking a "break" from all of the things that could have ever possibly led to OOC arguments and anger: My usual character, Role-Play types, and even OOC and IC locations will all be switched to much less aggravating positions for everyone, even if it may be difficult for me, in the end I know my Role-Play and OOC stance on everything will improve for it. Thank you for your time Som, and I hope you find that I am really committed to rectifying the mistakes I have made, even if it means starting over from scratch.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I will be discussing this further with the other staff members, but right now, I want to say that I really appreciate the attitude that you've taken about the issues that caused the ban in the first place.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Alright. If you do what you have said you'll do, I don't see why you can't be unbanned. It will technically be a reduction to a tempban, which I'll lift tomorrow afternoon (you have permission to pester me about this).

This does not erase what has happened in the past, however, and if you are seen exhibiting any of these problematic behaviors in the future, your ban will be reinstated. Thank you.

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
Alright. If you do what you have said you'll do, I don't see why you can't be unbanned. It will technically be a reduction to a tempban, which I'll lift tomorrow afternoon (you have permission to pester me about this).

This does not erase what has happened in the past, however, and if you are seen exhibiting any of these problematic behaviors in the future, your ban will be reinstated. Thank you.
Thank you Som, I will keep this in mind as I role-play on the server. I will proceed with serious caution after my previous transgressions, and I hope that this will allow me to learn how to give everyone around me enjoyable Role-Play on the server.