Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Player Commands

Satouroes

Loyal Servant of Altera
easy pm is now active/deactivated. I then try to @[playername] message and the whole thing comes up in ooc chat

Satouroes

Loyal Servant of Altera
I honestly don't know. I toggled/epm a bit, tried messages and that didn't work. Then I logged on a bit later and magically it was working.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
RP chat has huge range. I'd say it should be nerfed up to about 20 metres (block is one metre cubed by the way xD).

Flowster12345

Lord of Altera
RP chat has huge range. I'd say it should be nerfed up to about 20 metres (block is one metre cubed by the way xD).
I disagree. RP chat's current range allows people trying to find one-another to do so, which is hugely important to me, cuz I have a terrible sense of direction and tend to lose track of people while RPing. On top of that, if you're talking at a huge range, you just type something like "*Yelling* Jerome, are you there?!" But people who have normal RP conversations across canyons or cities are kidding themselves and horrible RPers. This is not something that shortening the range can fix.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Easy PM is in the game so that people can find each other. Also, many people RP across distances anyway, and sometimes you're looking for the Roleplay across the city to join in, and by the time you find it it ended, so it might be better for people to just not know about role plays and "stumble" on them. I do agree that there should be some form of shouting... Making yet another channel will probably be frustrating for the people that can *stares at Barry* or will it? :3

Flowster12345

Lord of Altera
But if you are intentionally looking for someone as a part of the RP (That happens a lot more than you'd expect, for me, especially with characters that tend to run off a lot), yelling is a hugely important function. I don't think people would be happy to deal with another channel just for yelling.. There could be a /yell "blahblahblah" command which would feed into rp chat but with greater range, but that would probably get annoying to use very quickly. That's why I still think the RP chat range is good.