Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Possibly Canon?] Cold Sailing.

Thoughts?

• Total voters

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
The wind was a biting cold. Not near as bad as he had fully experienced in the far North, but it was something. The salts from the ocean had invaded the air around the boat, and the crew looked shrivelled enough to have basked in it for their entire sailing careers. The Captain had been kind enough, willing to accommodate for a frail scholar in his ranks aboard the Bluehart, but his sons and the other sailors were unrelenting in their teasing and mockery. 'Pathor the pisswasher' was his new name, regardless of what was said in defence.

Though Captain Royand was accepting of the new one, he would not stop nor care for the scholar's complaints. He was to do his job on the galley, and that so happened to be cleaning. Cleaning however, had many facets to the scholar. Scrubbing, brushing, wetting, dabbing, scraping, oiling, and so on. It was all of so little use to him. Pathor the pisswasher would need to clean it all again the moment he finished, as the crew would dirty things again, immediately. Royand II and Ryien had given a beating just prior to the scholar, before their father, the captain scolded him for not doing his grunt work. To be chastised by those he prior believed inferior, but without option to lash back was harsh for the scholar. He truly believed them dumber than him. Lesser. Yet still he finds himself the fool among them. The idiot in the commoners.

The scholar would stay up at night and try talk to the others that bunked there with him. Very few understood his multiple-syllable words, and even fewer cared to try. He estimated none of them were of noble birth. Ryien was a bastard, but he bragged about his mother the baroness on occasion. The scholar wondered if he understood what that meant about her faith, if the captain was his father. The scholar wondered if he understood anything.

It took a long time before he found someone that would even try to keep pace mentally with him. Royand's daughter had been an isolated secret on the Bluehart, and it was understandable why. Half the crew was in their third or fourth decade without having even seen a woman before. She was not beautiful, nor was she of eloquent speech in most discussion, but it was clear she tried. No one else did such for the scholar. 'Iray' was her name. The scholar tried make an effort to see her more often than the other crew members. He was reminded of another, long before. Kelta Brinn.

It had been so long that he had forgotten where the boat was headed, but the scholar was eventually dropped off along the Heaven's Reach docks. It took a while to gain bearings, but after some rest his landlegs returned. The Bluehart eventually took off into the horizon again, with no Pisswasher Pathor to taunt again. Iray left with it, however. The scholar was saddened by this. Eventually he started across the bridge, the brackish air still present as he walked. Elias hated the taste of it. Wintermourne was no better.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Haven't done anything in this section before, so I'm not sure how it all works. I guess if people like it I may do more stuff like this.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Have I said I love this? I love this.