Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Poster] A request to all hunters

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
To all the hunters of the world, in your travels you may come across foxes of various species. They are normally seen as pest to the farmer and threat to his flock of hens. If during the course of your travels you come across young kits I implore that you not slay them but bring them to me in Arget. I will pay you for your troubles with a price of 20 radiants per healthy kit. The kits should be old enough to survive without their mother but as young as possible. They should be in as good as health as possible. Do not bother with specimens that have been maimed to the point where they can no longer breed. I have particular interest in the common species of Red Foxes, and the slightly harder to find Fennec fox of the deserts.

This is offer is expected to last for quite a long time. You may bring any kits you capture to myself or my wife Nireth Cerridwen.

Azure Cerridwen
Guardian of the Arget Isles
Lady Alec

OOC Notes: Azure will be doing some experiments with foxes and instead of saying he went out and gathered them all on his own I'm doing this. If you wish to just RP the foxes thats chill but if you want to get some rads from me, I'll buy fox heads at the price of 20r a pop up to a total of 100 heads with the understanding each head is a healthy fox kit.

What kind of nefarious experiments is Azure doing you ask? Simple he's domesticating them. Using the same methods of this experiment . "But Imm! That breaks lore that experiment wasn't done until the modern age!" True, but if you read further you see they used no advanced technology only selective breeding techniques. This is called Animal Husbandry and has been in use since before man knew how to write. Thusly its completely fine.

Additionally the posters would be found in various places, you can tear 'em down if you like and they'll stay down as I don't play poster tag. However its as common knowledge as you want it to be. Wanna know about it? You know. Don't want to or don't care? You don't. We all win.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
To all the hunters of the world, in your travels you may come across foxes of various species. They are normally seen as pest to the farmer and threat to his flock of hens. If during the course of your travels you come across young kits I implore that you not slay them but bring them to me in Arget. I will pay you for your troubles with a price of 20 radiants per healthy kit. The kits should be old enough to survive without their mother but as young as possible. They should be in as good as health as possible. Do not bother with specimens that have been maimed to the point where they can no longer breed. I have particular interest in the common species of Red Foxes, and the slightly harder to find Fennec fox of the deserts.

This is offer is expected to last for quite a long time. You may bring any kits you capture to myself or my wife Nireth Cerridwen.

Azure Cerridwen
Guardian of the Arget Isles
Lady Alec

OOC Notes: Azure will be doing some experiments with foxes and instead of saying he went out and gathered them all on his own I'm doing this. If you wish to just RP the foxes thats chill but if you want to get some rads from me, I'll buy fox heads at the price of 20r a pop up to a total of 100 heads with the understanding each head is a healthy fox kit.

What kind of nefarious experiments is Azure doing you ask? Simple he's domesticating them. Using the same methods of this experiment . "But Imm! That breaks lore that experiment wasn't done until the modern age!" True, but if you read further you see they used no advanced technology only selective breeding techniques. This is called Animal Husbandry and has been in use since before man knew how to write. Thusly its completely fine.

Additionally the posters would be found in various places, you can tear 'em down if you like and they'll stay down as I don't play poster tag. However its as common knowledge as you want it to be. Wanna know about it? You know. Don't want to or don't care? You don't. We all win.
I have like, a stack of ooc heads.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I can provide them just OOCly :p
If no one answers my calls ICly and I have to be all "he gathers them himself" or they don't have heads I'll hit you up. If this thread doesn't get any response in two weeks I'll buy your whole lot.

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Oh extra note. I'm not online all that often but I'm often free to RP if I know I'm needed. So if you guys want to grab me for RPs I"m open most days and times in the evening EST.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The program also took like 80 IRL years, no?
40 years as far as I know. Also you might be tagged again baron as I merged my posts to make it cleaner. Technically the experiment is still ongoing since its inception in 1959 but by the 90s they had succeeded in their original goal. Which was to replicate the process by which wolves became dogs, the process as far as I'm aware is actually fairly simple process of selecting the most calm young of a given species and repeating for approximately 10-14 generations and boom you got yourself a domesticated animal.

Last edited:

223hero7

Lord of Altera
Please take into consideration that time isn't too much of an issue for Immerael's character, as, if he does age him, the character is an elf who can devote a fair bit more than just eighty years to an experiment. It would just take a while OOCly.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
One of the common reasons species like elephants and the like are commonly 'tamed' but not 'domesticated' is their own lifespan and the fact that you need to work with multiple 'tamed' generations. Other folks cover it pretty well but this would be one of the longest timeskips on the server to date which is saying something. (I always played characters 1:1 and this is like a century worth of time)

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
One of the common reasons species like elephants and the like are commonly 'tamed' but not 'domesticated' is their own lifespan and the fact that you need to work with multiple 'tamed' generations. Other folks cover it pretty well but this would be one of the longest timeskips on the server to date which is saying something. (I always played characters 1:1 and this is like a century worth of time)
I don’t believe I ever said this was going to be done quickly in fact if you actually read my statement I mention, ICly this offer will go on for a long time. I mean it OOC as well as IC, I’m not going to pop up in a month and say boom we have pet foxes. In fact the fastest I can do this on server time rules is 1 week=1 year. Which is the better part of a year IRL to get 40 IC years. Also I think the whole jumping between worlds part of the server that equated to at least a 1000+ years IC takes the cake on longest time skip by a long shot.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I don’t believe I ever said this was going to be done quickly in fact if you actually read my statement I mention, ICly this offer will go on for a long time. I mean it OOC as well as IC, I’m not going to pop up in a month and say boom we have pet foxes. In fact the fastest I can do this on server time rules is 1 week=1 year. Which is the better part of a year IRL to get 40 IC years. Also I think the whole jumping between worlds part of the server that equated to at least a 1000+ years IC takes the cake on longest time skip by a long shot.
*Thumbs up*

You're quite right in there being a larger time hop, but that one was done by the server and brought everyone with their ages maintained. A single character skipping forward at the fastest rate for so long would still, logistically, kill every non-elf they know if timescales were consistently applied. Instead we get more flux~