Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Poster] Now Hiring Builders, Architects and Laborers (RP Only)

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Now Hiring!
Any and all able bodied men looking for an honest wage. Workers must be willing to live on the work site until the job is complete and capable of manual labor for at least eight hours a day. Wages will be paid upon completion of the work. Should a worker have to leave the site before the job is finished they will be paid a portion of the wages based upon how long they have worked beforehand. Transportation to and from the work site, food, water and shelter will be provided until the job is completed.

Skilled Architects that are willing to oversee the projects completion are also sought. Extra pay will be given to any architect willing to take an apprentice on during the endeavor.

Those interested should contact Azure and Nireth Cerridwen in Zima'maloj.

We have no responsibility for any injury sustained before, during or after the completion of this project while in our employ. Azure and Nireth reserve the right to terminate employment without pay for any action that is deliberately harmful to yourself, fellow workers or the project.

OOC Notes

All this work is RP Only. Alpen Rose the project is all planned out and ready to be built thanks to the hard work of @samsam223 and @Lady Alec . However instead of poofing a place into existence we want to RP its construction. Also there is an extreme lack of jobs for folks who don't do some form of skilled labor in this world and if you're just starting out in the game that makes it hard. So I wanted to create an opportunity for folks to RP their job.

As such since you will be doing 0 actual work you will receive OOC 0 actual radiants or emeralds OOC but instead receive payment IC only. However the job is going to IC take several months if not a year or more and Azure and Nireth will pay well. So you can use this as an RP chance to help a clever but poor char to have some RP backing for getting some money to start his own venture of some kind. Also this doubles a chance to turn an apprentice woodcarver into a skilled woodcarver or something of that nature.

If we don't recieve any response to this IC or OOC in a week or so I will with a heavy heart do what most folks do when building something. Poof it into existence and say the wonderful but taboo NPCs built it for us. However I'd much rather use this as a chance to further RP development for not just my chars but other folks too.

Also right now the poster is not placed in CR but I will be RPing this tonight. I will update when it is posted in game.

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Poster has been placed in RP. Not gonna screenshot because I"m lazy but I, Lady Alec, Brian and a few others are all witnesses. :p

EDIT: Please don't tear down my poster ;_;

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I could move Morgan there. He is currently inactive and is an architect
I would very much like this. Especially if you're willing to RP impart some knowledge of architecture to Azure. I'm hoping to have him learn so he has something useful on his non existent resume :p

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
( I thought I'd edit my post and make it all fancy like, so here goes nothing. )

Character name: Illthilior Athrendu

Age (In appearance): 29

Profession: Ruler/Lord of Reignfall, mayor of Dawnshard, Semi-Construction Worker, Architect (Duh.)

Noteworthy projects: Hamlet of Dawnshard, village of Reignfall, small 'pimping' job of hospital in Thiil, tiny amount of building at The Wall.

Character profile: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/illthilior-athrendu-the-lonely-elf.31726/

OOC information & Knowledge: Study art history, and with that historical architecture, I try to build as realistically and atmospherically as possible, whilist still having that fantasy feel to it.

OOC reason for wishing to partake in project: I absolutely love the idea of all of this, and I'd be happy to help and possibly have Illthior gain a possible student whom he can train in the art of architecture. Also the added benefit of character development, as usual.

(Thank you @Paintballz for tagging me :heart: )

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I could move Morgan there. He is currently inactive and is an architect
( I thought I'd edit my post and make it all fancy like, so here goes nothing. )

Character name: Illthilior Athrendu

Age (In appearance): 29

Profession: Ruler/Lord of Reignfall, mayor of Dawnshard, Semi-Construction Worker, Architect (Duh.)

Noteworthy projects: Hamlet of Dawnshard, village of Reignfall, small 'pimping' job of hospital in Thiil, tiny amount of building at The Wall.

Character profile: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/illthilior-athrendu-the-lonely-elf.31726/

OOC information & Knowledge: Study art history, and with that historical architecture, I try to build as realistically and atmospherically as possible, whilist still having that fantasy feel to it.

OOC reason for wishing to partake in project: I absolutely love the idea of all of this, and I'd be happy to help and possibly have Illthior gain a possible student whom he can train in the art of architecture. Also the added benefit of character development, as usual.

(Thank you @Paintballz for tagging me :heart: )
I'l take both of you if you want. Even both of you as RP teachers as this would cut my time learning down and he would learn different styles. Come RP with us when you get a chance and we'll see about moving forward.

Though a word about Illthidor since I know you actively play him. The way we're getting to Alpen is Azure and Nir will charter a boat IC to drop them off just south of it and then the folks will live there until projects completion. The nearest port of Queen's Port is out of action for the foresseable future IC per what @Woolsey told me, until it is rebuilt. There are other ports on the northern continent but it is a long journey. So IC Illithdor might end up stranded up North for a while, OOC shouldn't be more than a week or so. Once we start RPing we'll move fast.

Yes he could grab a boat with supplies to go back and forth but it would tie him to whatever city the boat docks in gathering supplies. As he would be expected back with the crew and supplies.

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
I'l take both of you if you want. Even both of you as RP teachers as this would cut my time learning down and he would learn different styles. Come RP with us when you get a chance and we'll see about moving forward.

Though a word about Illthidor since I know you actively play him. The way we're getting to Alpen is Azure and Nir will charter a boat IC to drop them off just south of it and then the folks will live there until projects completion. The nearest port of Queen's Port is out of action for the foresseable future IC per what @Woolsey told me, until it is rebuilt. There are other ports on the northern continent but it is a long journey. So IC Illithdor might end up stranded up North for a while, OOC shouldn't be more than a week or so. Once we start RPing we'll move fast.

Yes he could grab a boat with supplies to go back and forth but it would tie him to whatever city the boat docks in gathering supplies. As he would be expected back with the crew and supplies.
Well, plenty to sort out and discuss IC'ly then, no? Any RP is fun RP!

Woolsey

Lord of Altera
@Immerael Do not worry, as Queens Port still actively has a port for you to dock at. On the other hand, the buildings/ruins around it, is completely destroyed. The buildings you see now are burnt, and the stone crumbled. Other then that, you got an able port to access whenever you like without any interference. : )

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
@Immerael Do not worry, as Queens Port still actively has a port for you to dock at. On the other hand, the buildings/ruins around it, is completely destroyed. The buildings you see now are burnt, and the stone crumbled. Other then that, you got an able port to access whenever you like without any interference. : )
Oh well.....I must have misunderstood a message from a while back. Anyway this is good news. Thanks for the heads up.

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
Just wanted to let you know I plan on contacting you IC to join my halfling woodworker/carpenter character

Halendar

Lord of Altera
Is there any work that is not manual labor in this RP situation. I only ask because my character Hal is a writer, and he is fit. However I don't think it would make sense for his character to accept a job where he does nothing but manual work. So I was curious if a job that involved writing or book keeping was available for him.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Is there any work that is not manual labor in this RP situation. I only ask because my character Hal is a writer, and he is fit. However I don't think it would make sense for his character to accept a job where he does nothing but manual work. So I was curious if a job that involved writing or book keeping was available for him.
I do believe we can find some work for you somewhere. Come RP and hopefully by then I'll be able to articulate a job for you xD Nah seriously come RP in Zima next time we're on and we'll see if we can't get you set up.

EDIT: I have some ideas but I'm super tired and not entirely convinced I won't give you a stupid idea right now.

Last edited:

Halendar

Lord of Altera
I do believe we can find some work for you somewhere. Come RP and hopefully by then I'll be able to articulate a job for you xD Nah seriously come RP in Zima next time we're on and we'll see if we can't get you set up.

EDIT: I have some ideas but I'm super tired and not entirely convinced I won't give you a stupid idea right now.
Sounds great I should be on later today:D

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
This is still a thing. Those who wish to participate IC should contact me soon in some manner rather quickly. We will begin building in the next few days.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
@CthulhuPeople @Marshith @Lady Alec @Rosemarie Stark @Emberpar @anyone else interested in this.

We have begun. We are up North and going to begin OOC construction very soon and IC construction in either a day or how ever long it takes folks to get here minus how quickly we finish the design. :D I hope folks show up, if you haven't RPed you can still show up at Alpen for this if you wish to participate.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Question: What if someone wasn't a very good architect/builder but wanted to aspire to be one and wished to help to gain experience in the field, would you be willing allow them to help and learn from the others building? I have a character that may be interested if so..

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
At this point our only architect is the taboo NPCs IC so yeah totally. Just have them show up at Alpen.