Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Poster] Proposal II

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Proposal II

In keeping with the theme of detailing the three proposals I mentioned not too long ago, I bring my second proposal.

The Continental Contract Program
T
hrough this program, I aim to establish a contract agency that will utilize the strong and adventurous men and women of Storm's Landing to decrease crime across the city, alleviate poverty, and ease the city's reliance on imports.
What will this agency do?
Simply put, the Continental Contract Agency will contract persons to travel to other parts of the continent in order to harvest or produce goods the city would otherwise import. For example, a group may be contracted to travel to the northern regions to farm and ship back eizholz or miststone. The city itself would pay for transport and aid in setting up temporary camps near harvest locations.

But how does this decrease crime, alleviate poverty, and ease reliance on imports?
T
he fact is, many of the petty crimes committed in Storm's Landing are caused by necessity. Not the likes of Branko murdering in cold blood, but young men stealing enough radiants from a shop to buy a new pair of shoes to replace years-rotten old ones, or a woman holding up a man in an ally to get enough radiants to simply buy tomorrows singular meal. The Continental Contract Program would provide an opportunity to these men and women, offering fair pay, adventure, and camaraderie where they may have else resorted to a life of crime. In addition, this jobs program would fuel the slums with fresh income, allowing living conditions to improve as money flows in. And lastly, perhaps the most obvious, the Landing would rely less on external sources for certain resources, instead harvesting them ourselves using our own labor.

We cannot let the Landing's crime issue continue, and at the same time, we cannot let the solution to crime be an authoritarian use of the city's guard: instead, we pave a path that prevents that crime in the first place.

It is time for real change, one proposal at a time.
Elect me as your councilmember, and I will fight tooth and nail to deliver on every single one of my promises.

My third proposal, and a special announcement, will be posted in the coming days

[ As with the previous posters, this one also bears Asero’s signature at the bottom. ]

[OOC] This proposal would be mostly an IC implementation, however what I am workshopping is a way to implement a /hireworker NPC at the Storm's Landing bank which may sell the worker contracts at a discount; perhaps through some trading implementation. I am confident on my idea for proposal 1's OOC flipside, but for this one I welcome any feedback or ideas you may have, over on discord!​