Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Public Notice] Declaration of War

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Kane Symbol.png

We have witnessed the letters that you share in shadow and secret. I do hope we have allowed you enough time to prepare.

The House of Kane, the House of Varyn and the House of Eberhall have henceforth declared war upon the Houses of Strand, Bárúmur, and any that would stand alongside of them.

Those that do not share their scheme are urged to remain neutral.

Attached below are copies of the letters that were discovered.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
To Prince Drake Ferreum Hawklight, Duc Maceo de Courtnay of Artois, and Lord Thôrdil Bárúmur

I send you this letter in a pivotal time for the future of the North and the Realm at large. For too long now, the power of House Varyn and the usurped House Kane has gone unchecked and plagued the northern lands we inhabit. They pose a direct threat to the stability and safety of all of us in the North, and we would all benefit without them.

House Varyn is built on nothing short of hollow arrogance and a complete lack of honor such that they murder men from the shadows in Storm's Landing. I have borne witness to this myself in the past and called upon them to meet peacefully in Stoltfar with a small party to discuss the grievances. They showed up at my gates with a war party and a fully armed warship, threatening to lay siege to Stoltfar. And this is without mentioning the fact of Brennard Westmay's magic which stands against the will of the Gods as written in the Divine Law.

I ask you humbly now, to set aside our past quarrels and join with me to destroy this common enemy.
I ask you to join with the Southern Alliance in their battle and take the war straight to the homelands of the honorless, godless men who threaten us all.
As Northerners and Men of the Gods, I ask by my honor to swear our blades and shields together in this fight to secure the stability of the North for us and our descendants.

No Honor for the Honorless.
No Mercy for the Merciless.
Wisdom Guide our Strength.

Querig Tryggvi
Earl of Stoltfar
Clan Chieftain of Strand
To prince Drake of Hawklight, duc Maceo de Courtnay and Earl Tryg Strand,
I agree that we should unite, as the North, against the tyranny of Varyn and Brennard.
We have all been at a Council meeting. Three of us have seats there.
During the first and the most recent meetings, we agreed that we'd protect the realm from magic when it's used for harm.
Now is the time.

Based on the information I have received, it appears Alison had accepted Theodosius' apology in the form of lands.
Brennard and Varyn, however, took it upon themselves to declare an invasion if Theodosius did not surrender himself to their blade.
They stated they'd burn their lands and citizens, innocents and children alike, to the ground over something Alison, the one who was affected the most, had forgiven.

I have given Varyn and Brennard the chance to talk this through. To receive compensation in return for a peaceful solution.
But they, worse than a refusal, did not acknowledge it.
I will contact Alison and Brennard by sending a letter. In it, will be yet another offer for a peaceful resolution.
Should they decline the third attempt at a peaceful resolution, once by Theodosius and twice by myself, I fear we would have war.
Swords and arrows can be contained and aimed at only those who pose a threat, but Brennard's magic, like he himself, is unstable and unpredictable and will certainly lay waste to men, women and children alike.

Additionally, they are the very people that hosted a summit after many of us traveled into The Rift.
At the summit, we all agreed to not wage petty wars with eachother while the Demons and Undead, our and the Pantheon's true enemies, may invade. This silence does not mean that they are gone, just that they are preoccupied.

It is why I propose that we, the North, unite against Brennard and Varyn.
It is not my goal to go after Alison, but I will not judge any of you if it is yours for what she has done in the past.
Once we would have vanquished the threat of Brennard and Varyn, you would not be left without compensation.
I will personally provide each of you three with armour if need be. This can be made from scratch, or made from something you already have in possession, if it is old and worn down.
Additionally, the lands of Kane and potentially Eberhall will be free for distribution.
I do not know whether Eberhall is on the side of burning innocents with magic, or on our side, for I have not received any information regarding their position. If they are on our side or remain neutral, their lands would naturally remain their own.

In the event of Eberhall remaining neutral, as I'd expect and prefer, or siding with us:
Oren goes to Hawklight.
Varynhall goes to Artois.
Ironhaven goes to the Southern Houses.
Queensport goes to Strand.
Varyn's lands near The Dominion go to Herennii.
In the event of Alison not taking action against us, she can likely remain in either of these lands, but the House it'd be given to will govern over it.

In the event of Eberhall picking the side of Varyn:
Oren and Ironhaven go to Hawklight.
Ackerland and Die Eberbau go to Artois.
Queensport and Rammbar's Motte go to Strand.
Varynhall goes to the Southern Houses.
Varyn's lands near The Dominion go to Herennii.
In the event of Alison not taking action against us, she can likely remain in either of these lands, but the House it'd be given to will govern over it.

Regardless of Eberhall's position, my price will remain the same:
The Varyn sword. I was threatened with it, so it is only fitting.

I have no intention to slaughter anyone residing in these lands, should they not try to slaughter us.
These suggestions are negotiable, but we'll all receive a share of land, for I assume you, duc Maceo, have friends residing in either one or all of the above lands.

If either of you decides to stay out of this, because you are upset (understandably so) with opposing your former allies and perhaps dear friends, you will receive no lands and spoils as compensation, nor will you receive my aid with smithing.
If you decide to go against all we decided to represent in the Council meetings of the past and against the will of the gods, more lands will be added to be distributed.

Thôrdil Bárúmur

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Just some OOC shenanigans in case you don't know: Jak's PC at home/university is apparently broken. So don't count on him actually reading this before its over.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Just some OOC shenanigans in case you don't know: Jak's PC at home/university is apparently broken. So don't count on him actually reading this before its over.
That's fine - we didn't mention Hawklight in the declaration because we're not sure where they stand and don't want to rope you guys into anything.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
That's fine - we didn't mention Hawklight in the declaration because we're not sure where they stand and don't want to rope you guys into anything.

Just saying in case you want to go with 'No answer is an answer too' or 'who isn't for us is against us' as Drake likely can't write back :p
In that case pls send a copy of that letter to either Khan Sicarus(Warwolf) or Bolvar Firestorm(Myself) as we are the only really active heirs I can think of atm. /and occasionally bodejodel to build.

Otherwise you can ignore what I said ;)

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Just saying in case you want to go with 'No answer is an answer too' or 'who isn't for us is against us' as Drake likely can't write back :p
In that case pls send a copy of that letter to either Khan Sicarus(Warwolf) or Bolvar Firestorm(Myself) as we are the only really active heirs I can think of atm. /and occasionally bodejodel to build.
The approach I'm taking on this war is that if you don't do anything/don't join, you're clear and stay neutral (this goes for all factions/Houses). We're not going to go on a rampage and try to conquer the entire server and slaughter everyone. Right now, the sole targets are Thordil and Tryg, though if they seek any allies or anyone joins them it's an automatic consent (as per war rules, naturally).

As for sending a copy of the letter, it's safe to say that you guys can take this as public knowledge IC. If you'd like to discuss anything IC, feel free to shoot Elz and I forum conversations or set up an RP.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
are those letters your ooc reasoning or is that ic
IC. Our characters discovered a plot to be murdered, lands are intended to be seized from everyone, Alison got mentioned which ain't sit well with Brennard.
It's fair game and part of the "rightfully provoked" war I mentioned in one of my magic posts, I'd say.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend

Now good soldiers, march away. And how thou pleasest God...dispose the day.

LeftwardElk

Lord of Altera
IC. Our characters discovered a plot to be murdered, lands are intended to be seized from everyone, Alison got mentioned which ain't sit well with Brennard.
It's fair game and part of the "rightfully provoked" war I mentioned in one of my magic posts, I'd say.
I mean is it IC common knowledge to everyone that see's this. Like in Hawklight's case the only person who would see it is Jak but he is gone.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
I mean is it IC common knowledge to everyone that see's this. Like in Hawklight's case the only person who would see it is Jak but he is gone.
Oh- yeah. They drafted copies of the letters and sent them with however this declaration gets spread IC. Public and common knowledge.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Mfw Henri knew about the desires of the southern lords and won't fight Varyn due to old feelings of Anhald and Ignis. He'd probably also be slighted by not being mentioned in the initial letters to Artois.