Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

PvPletics Whitelist Application [Declined - Snerus]

1. What is your Minecraft username?
PvPletics

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
North America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I play DnD so metagaming would be rolling to check a trap until you roll high (If the DM would allow that), but it's basically making sure you achieve what you want at the expense of others. It ruins the overall experience for other players. Power gaming would be to say that you stab someone in the heart and kill them while that person might have a sword and could either parry or dodge that attack. In replacement you could say that you stab towards their heart, which would give them the chance to decide what they want to do.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7 (223Hero7)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I have been playing Minecraft for a while now and I am really into medieval and fantasy games/movies. I started playing DnD a while ago which is what got me into roleplaying. I also do many other hobbies outside of this and I play many other online games as well. I love pvp in most cases.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I have pictures of things I have created, but the files are too large to upload onto this.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was googling roleplay servers and found this site.
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
Utriid Shattershield

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
5'10, 165lbs, athletically built, long black hair, and green eyes. Light skinned.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Won't let me upload a picture of the skin.

Written Test!
The small city of Dragonridge that now lies in ruins held many stories, but one extraordinary one is the story of Utriid Shattershield. A brave young lad with a pool of wisdom and a heart to help anyone in need, because everyone needs light shed upon them in dire situations. Utriid’s mother was a young woman when she gave birth to Utriid’s older brother Vlad, having been married by force from her parents she stayed true to her husband and took on the responsibilities of being a mother. No matter what she took care of her children and growing up Vlad had the proper schooling and opportunities every child should, however, as soon as Vlad was of age he joined the knights and set off to destroy anything preventing the light of his god, Ignis Synnove, to expand. Growing up Utriid was very involved in the church as well worshiping the God of Order. Every day he let the light direct his life in all ways as he watched for his two sisters. His brother had left home many months ago, to fight against the cultists who had murdered their father. On Utriid's 19th birthday he set off to search for his brother in hopes to bring him home to his two sisters and widowed mother. You see, his father was a scribe for the church and handled many of their documents. When the city was raided, they drug out every man from the church and killed them in the town square in hopes to strike fear into the hearts of everyone worshiping their god. These men were cultists who worshipped Jishrim and wanted nothing more than corruption and despair. Utriid knows nothing of the world outside those city walls and has spent most of his life in the church. This will be a new path for the young adventurer and all he has on his side is the direction of light and the light bringer to guide his ways. He travelled far and wide searching for where he must go. The light brought him across many lands and as he came to new cities he met strange people and many other ways of seeing the world, but no matter what he stayed true to his god and true to his quest. Now many years have past and Utriid has just turned 35 and he has realized that he may never find his brother, he also caught wind that his home city was destroyed and left in ruin by a city not far north of it. His mother and two sisters hadn’t been seen and he has found no sign of his brother. He now drinks the days away and prays at night to the God of Order in hopes that they will be answered as he falls asleep passed out in the stable. A lonely man he is and hopefully one day will find his true purpose. There must be a reason the Light Bringer has brought him this far.

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Letting you know that this was seen. We'll have a mentor posted to check as soon as we can. It's a weekday, so many may be at school or work, but as soon as one can, they'll help you out here. Go ahead and get better acquainted to the forums and people, and welcome to Hollowworld c:

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Thank you for the application, Derek Heaivilin. I'll need to let you know before I accept you into the community that you understand what Metagaming means in roleplay as opposed to DnD:

Metagaming is defined as using knowledge that you've gained through sources outside of RP, or in real life, or from other players without any conversation between your characters, to advance yourself or work against others. While in a certain few circumstances, like going to a populated region or logging on to RP with someone, such an action is alright, we very strongly work against the more negative parts. As long as you understand that what you know isn't always going to be what your character knows, I'll be ready to accept this application. Just reply to my post here.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
I'll close this tomorrow night if it's not responded to by then.
"In Lordran, the flow of time is distorted. The flow of time itself is convoluted; with heroes centuries old phasing in and out."

I'm unsure how this application was allowed to remain pending for so long, but it'll be closed now. Derek Heaivilin , if you're still waiting on this application, I'm terribly sorry for the month-long wait. It was simply unacceptable.

I'm afraid I can't remedy this beyond providing you the opportunity to submit a new application, which I guarantee will be processed in a far more expedient manner.