Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

question about 'possible' true tales

redbear

I think I might like it here
Hello,
I wondered if there are some 'real' tales of huge treasures or something even more spectacular in the lands of Altera. A place player might organize an expedition to, in the hope of great gains (whatever they might be)
I know tales are tales, but sometimes people see things, or find fragments of something that makes them sure it exists.

thanks
Russ

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Well, there are many player-written books in game. Many of them have fantastic tales and clues regarding different topics. If you're interested in reading up in search of treasure, then I suggest searching for books in game. Asking players, searching for libraries, and all that fun stuff. Following up on those leads can provide many fun RP opportunities.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
I'm sure players have RP'd the burial or hiding of treasures, it's simply a matter of discovering that legend. I would also suggest what is written above, but you might just try asking people around if they've ever heard anything because the right people might have.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Yes! excellent ideas guys. Many thanks.
Sure. And I know that people must hide stuff because I know of several cases, but you must also be prepared for the fact that people may want to protect these secrets. I know that I wouldn't want no one to know where I keep my stash. I personally think that the secrets market is the most fun market in Altera, I just find it so much fun. Not sure why, since I got a lot of secrets to keep so maybe I shouldn't like it so much....

People got lots of secrets around here, and it gets a lot better than buried treasure. There are even certain players who have their characters dedicated to the discovery of these secrets, which is enough to make me nervous at times. @Michcat Anyways, my point is that secrets and interesting tidbits can be hard to find or learn, but it's very rewarding once you actually learn them and they certainly are prevalent. Careful though, some secrets can be dangerous to know....

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Only slightly related, but might as well throw it here-
Anyone in the community can mock up any weird tale/myth/legend/story about anything their heart desires, and characters can believe in that or not. Separate and potentially represented by this fiction are the actual fantasy aspects of the World Lore- which shouldn't be recognized as "canon" until encountered ingame (By implementation of the lore team, too) or in an official forum section. As long as you mention OOCly - so not to confuse folks- that this mythery or tale is an IC work of culture, then hey- go crazy! I've seen entire factions rise on false IC belief, and its pretty awesome :D

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Reminds me that I'll have to find where in Thiil I hid the stories I wrote once... (three of them, all of them using the 50 full pages of their own book ^^ I had too much free time on my hands at that time :D)
They were supposed to be tales told by adventurers and treasure-seekers... maybe I could turn them into real treasures somewhere in Altera ^^

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
*looks at double chest filled with loote- preserved books from the royal library*

Theeheeheeheehee

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
*looks at double chest filled with loote- preserved books from the royal library*

Theeheeheeheehee
Mmmh... My char might pay a visit to your chests one day :D There were stuff there he had written I'd love to get a hand onto ^^

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Theeheehee pm me when you're online