Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Question: What would you like to see on Hollowworld?

Flowster12345

Lord of Altera
I would personally love to see Altera be the rich well of magic and wonder that it used to be, with enchanted items, magic users, etc. I also wish it there were significantly more RP events for the server, because right now they're relatively rare and when they're scheduled in advance, I can rarely make it to them.

On a similar note, more unannounced events and spontaneous events would be cool.

Last but not least, if some of the staff members could have intentionally OP characters who are exceptionally skilled in magic, exceptionally good, exceptionally bad, etc. it would lead to more such events.

For example, if we had a common enemy who was human and led an army of bad humans (The bandits, possibly?) and who regularly led attacks in RP, it could lead to many spontaneous events. Likewise, we could plan attacks against an evil overlord like this. Since Michcat apparently plans to kill Queen Grief or something like that soon, there should be an opening for a new common enemy.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Since Michcat apparently plans to kill Queen Grief or something like that soon, there should be an opening for a new common enemy.

Michcat is curious as to where the hell you heard that.

EDIT: My character is in a political role and will spread propaganda

On top of that, no one could even feasibly get close to Queen Grief!

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
The last Exodus
For with this strike, Queen Leminth swears to end the terror of Queen Grief.
For upon this day, the Queen will ensure the Alteran people are no longer plagued by the Corruption.
For this fight
will be the finale.
I assume it's in reference to this which it should be clarified was an entirely in character post and not to be taken as OOC fact.

Flowster12345

Lord of Altera
Michcat is curious as to where the hell you heard that.

EDIT: My character is in a political role and will spread propaganda

On top of that, no one could even feasibly get close to Queen Grief!
It was in some thread on the announcements page.. And it was most likely propaganda, but I do know that Michcat loves her some foreshadowing. Whether or not YOU personally kill her, I just doubt that we're going to do the same predictable game of cat and mouse with her forever. Something needs to change this time.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
How come I see OOC freaking out, but no ones even questioning the IC post IC?

EDIT: Ah, it doesn't matter that much anyhow. Sorry to disturb the thread :D

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
I would enoy seeing a larger influx of other races, specifically Earthspawn and Dwarves. I believe that both in large influxes would be tremendous for RP, with them offering such unique culutres. The way I'd go about it too is possibly encouraging post-applying people to join them, with subtle techniques. Also the introduction of a World of Warcraft-esque Alliance-Horde type thing, as well as a new common enemy.

Jupa15

Settling in Altera
Rp enchants, and ( i'm not going to get started ) Magicy magic.
Also, i like the 3rd person enemy idea, Maybe a army of Vorars? they are sentient and buried ( from what I know ), by now we should dig some up, right?
Maybe some schools of some sort, so we can have a legit reason to be a Lv.100 forger.
And finally special cool items. Sparkle wood, soul sucking crystals? I don't care, just something cool to mess around with.
And finally.
Tamable wenches. ( Michcat )

Edit:
Expect some cool items in the near future from me-
Who says dunking a jester's hat in a strong hallucinogenic plant mix won't work?
Hat of madness here we come. { I think Rox is a Suitable victim )

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
You ever play with Nisovin magic spells plugin Man? It's long outdated now but it was a similar concept

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I am enjoying the number of requests in here already primed for satisfaction from upcoming things.

Keep em coming!

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
I also love the notion of Altera becoming low-fantasy. Not in the respect that we lose magic or something of that nature, but instead that if your character has some high-fantasy elements, they went to great lengths IC to actually get them. Instead of everyone and their mother having a glowing sword of Alzhamamadingdong that can fly and drains away people's souls, one or two or no one has this sword and you know they went to absurd lengths to get such a thing... Wee~

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I also love the notion of Altera becoming low-fantasy. Not in the respect that we lose magic or something of that nature, but instead that if your character has some high-fantasy elements, they went to great lengths IC to actually get them. Instead of everyone and their mother having a glowing sword of Alzhamamadingdong that can fly and drains away people's souls, one or two or no one has this sword and you know they went to absurd lengths to get such a thing... Wee~

YES YES YES ALL OF THIS SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN AN AWARD.

-K9

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
I don't know if its been said yet, (and it most likely has been) but more events related to the lore... like with the gods and such... also quests from npcs its quite fun to go out and do something an npc has asked (at least for me)....

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Okay here are my opinions on things...

as Man said more wars that are made by the players instead of a Grief attack, something I'd personally find interesting would be more religions in Altera that would warrant more crusades or interesting politics. Oh, and political marriages would be a bit.. funny, to me personally.
A lot of players nowadays don't seem to be interested in warring with each OTHER, which is understandable with looming threat of Grief closing in (until the Exodus is 100% done, of course). Even then, it will take a short while of peace before old grudges arise again...
My point being, give it a few weeks before wars against each other are considered.

Stuff about good, bad and neutral gods and Jax.
This sorta links in to the other quote.
I've rarely seen wars against other players that have legitimate excuses. I mean, during the GoC, there was a Crown at stake, it was worth warring for. Yet I've never seen factions war because of their ideologies or anything like that.

The Golden Crusade was against Grief, and the Second Crusade was against the Bandits. We've never waged a war against any Bad-God supporters, despite the Church of Might being against them somewhat. Similarly, I've never seen the Engems wage war on the Crown, or the Dwarves going to war with the Elves.

I don't know about you guys, but I find it kind of odd that so many different groups that are naturally opposed to each other are able to live in such harmony.

----------------------------
This brings me to my own suggestion!
----------------------------
I think that leaders of groups; whether its big Houses, small factions or just a collection of like-minded people; should start communicating more in messages and such. See if you guys can organize some wars and agree on the outcomes (To minimize arguing and such) and then wage an actual war. It would be quite unusual for two people, who are at war with one-another, to be lovey-dubby in the middle of Port Silver.

Its a medieval world, I would expect there would be a lot more violence going on.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Wow, long post :p
ANOTHER IDEA!

I've recently been reading a book called "The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms".
In said book, there are three Gods; Itempas, Enefa and Nahadoth, there are also many many demigods, who are actually children of these three main Gods.

During the Gods War; Bright Itempas killed Enefa and had Nahadoth and their children imprisoned in human-forms to serve as weapons/tools of Itempas' most loyal followers, the Arameri.

Oh boy-
I guess I'd like for....a little more extreme sense of lore. Trust me, I don't know what I mean by this.
Something.....
...exciting. Something people can grip onto and say "Oh s-" or "Wow! I'm inspired by this!"
I'm not saying the current lore is bad.
It's rather amazing.

But there are things that just...seem....BORING.

Now to the point; what if there were imprisoned Gods that everyone has forgotten about? They have been imprisoned for millennia, and a recent expedition by some miners has lead to their re-discovery, yet nobody believed the miners.

In essence; there are many Demigods that very few people know about, their powers and almost everything about them are essentially unknown and people don't know whether to classify them as Good, Bad, Neutral or something completely different.

RabidPraryDogs

Lord of Altera
I would like some more RP between characters. I was on Hollowworld a while back, and everybody loved RP'ing. But now that I've come back, people seem to be less interested in RP. Huge campaigns and stuff are awesome, but it's the little interactions between individuals that seem to make the experience so much better.