Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming Raiding and You: Bringing Random Encounters to HW

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
What started out as a group of friends considering what they wanted to do together in this wonderful little world of ours has quickly blossomed into a wonderful thing that we would like to share with everyone else. If things go well and enough people are willing to opt in to the system, we hope that this will become a long term chain of encounters with no clear end in sight. This being said, in order for things to go as smoothly as possible there are a few questions that need be answered and rules that need to be discussed.

vik1.jpeg

Raiding, what is it? It is exactly what it says it is, seafaring savages have taken to the coast and are terrifying the locals, knocking them out and making off with the townsfolk’s hard earned wares. Raids are never announced in advance and can happen anywhere at anytime so long as the region has opted in to raiding and there is an acceptable group size available for the raid (no fewer than five.) A longship will dock at whatever city is being raided and a bloodcurdling battle cry will be heard by the citizens within.

vik2.jpg

You mentioned rules, what are they? The rules of raiding or as we like to call it “The No-Salt Diet” are quite simple and easy to understand. They are as follows:

1. Server rules are LAW and should be followed at all times.

2. No killing!!! We are not here to kill each other we are here to have fun. Characters are eliminated from the raid in the following manners. If a character takes three to four minor wounds (cuts, scrapes,minor damage) they are out. If a character sustains two moderate wounds (deeper, non life threatening injuries) they are out. If a character sustains a life threatening injury, broken bones, or dislocation they are out. If a character is knocked out, they are out. If you are eliminated please remove yourself from the battlefield to an observation area. A character is free to surrender at any time, if you do so please move to an observation area. Death can only happen if two parties agree and consent to a death battle at the start of the raid. If you choose to have a deathmatch, DMs will not DM your combat, you are on your own.

3. Any wounds sustained in raids are IC wounds and should be treated as such. You will need to seek medical attention and allot an acceptable time for recovery before participating in any more raids.

4. Town defenders and the raiders will battle until either one side calls retreat or one side has no more men left standing. If the raiders win they will take with them any agreed upon prisoners and a part of the town’s bounty. If the town wins the bounty is split between the citizens who participated in the raid and any agreeing raiders are held for a proper trial. (Bounty stations will be placed in volunteering towns and cities for people to donate items to the town’s bounty. Bounty stations will always contain at least some form of prize large enough to split between five people.)

5. No ooc fighting! These raids are meant to be fun and entertaining, fighting and arguing in local, ooc, yell, or rp chat will not be tolerated.If you have a disagreement take it to whispers or pms. First offense will result in a warning from one of our DMs. Second offense will result in a time out of no less than one ooc week and no more than three depending on the severity of the offense. Third offense will cause the offending party to be permanently banned from participation in any further raid events.

6. If you do not consent to following these rules we ask that you be kind enough to not interfere with those who do and are actively participating.

Some dude said he cut off my arm can he do that? No, loss of limbs and any other permanently disabling injury is on a person to person basis only. Consent would have to be given in advance both to the party members involved as well as the DM. This being said if you are willing to lop off some poor souls arm, expect them to be willing to do the same to you.

Can we kill the raiders/Will they kill us? The simplest answer here is no. If a city is being raided, they have opted into and accepted the rules of raiding. Unless an ooc understanding has been come to there will be no killing of characters at raid events. The goal will be to knock out the defenders and take off with the goods.

I wish to be kidnapped/killed if the raid is successful what do I do? Death can be a sensitive subject to some of us in HW and often ends in loss of tempers, ooc arguments, and an overall loss of fun factor. This being said some people enjoy an increased level of risk and we do wish to accommodate them to the best of our ability. If you wish to fight to the death please contact the acting DM of the current raid and they will let you know if there is an opponent available to suit your needs. Similarly if you wish to be considered for captivity, possible indentured servitude and indoctrination into the fold please contact the acting DM of the raid.

What is a bounty station and how do I use it? Bounty stations are an IC option for the citizens of a town to place a bounty on the heads of the raiders. Blacksmiths can contribute weapons and armor. Farmers can contribute food, Seamstresses can contribute clothing and gambesons. Leatherworkers can contribute leather armor. Bowyers can contribute bows and arrows. And so on and so forth. Anyone can contribute radiants in the form of emeralds. Any crafted items must be created ICly through rp and must be renamed using an anvil to include a maker’s mark (Steel Longsword (Urist), Cloth Gambeson (Niallrys), Healing Salve (Lillium), etc.) , Any crops, stone, ore or other gathering profession items must be gotten ICly through rp and renamed at an anvil to include the gatherer’s name (Iron ore (Wulfric), Oak lumber (Ronn), Sea bass (Aine), etc). Hopefully this will create community style rp and give our crafters a reason to ply their trade. I am sure many of us would love to walk into a city and hear the ringing of anvils and see farmers tending their fields.

How do I acquire a bounty station? If you are a region owner and wish to place a bounty station in your region, simply contact Lirakitty or Boredbrit through skype or the forums and request to be opted in for raiding. One of us will contact you and make arrangements to place the station as soon as possible.This will of course, require that we be added to your region as a member in order for us to access the station and distribute prizes.

I don’t own a region, how do I participate? Simply look for a region on the list of participating regions and rp there. The key to inspiring raids is active groups rping together. Raiders are far more likely to show up in an active town of diligent workers than an empty town with a few drunkards.
vikings.jpg
Participating Regions:
Niflheim (Pending)
Savage Island/Hurr Nor (Active, pending bounty station.)
Mockingbay (Active, pending bounty station.)
Voiceless Isle (Active, pending bounty station.)​

Last edited:

The Courier

Lord of Altera
I am a walking violent region. If you ever want to have death battles and Sif/Eira is in the vicinity, feel free to attempt at killing either of them if it suits you.

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
I am a walking violent region. If you ever want to have death battles and Sif/Eira is in the vicinity, feel free to attempt at killing either of them if it suits you.
I am going to assume this is your way of grunting approval and clearly stating if anyone attacks you they best be ready to fight to the death. :heart:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
No killing? But what's the fun of playing a marauding barbarian if you can't cleave the heads off of militiamen?
(I understand there are consent rules that allow for such things- just wanted to make a lil joke)

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
No killing? But what's the fun of playing a marauding barbarian if you can't cleave the heads off of militiamen?
(I understand there are consent rules that allow for such things- just wanted to make a lil joke)
For one reason, it removes salt and keeps people friendly.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The no salt diet, haha made me grin :p
Seriously, when I read the first paragraph my heart started pounding faster, thinking of what this thread could possibly be describing; It did describe just what I had hope it would!

LOVELY! Amazing, great, awesome. All the positive words I have used in the past, take them all.

I'm volunteering savage-island / Hurr Nor to be raided. I'd like one of you to drop by at my region and tell me how to construct this bounty-station.
I know I don't have many people who actually live at the region, but RP is abundant so I'm sure I can think of a way to make people add to the bounty.
It'll have loot, even if it means I have to put it all in myself :')

This idea is awesome, well thought through, great mini-game character, 11/10. You are pro's.

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
The no salt diet, haha made me grin :p
Seriously, when I read the first paragraph my heart started pounding faster, thinking of what this thread could possibly be describing; It did describe just what I had hope it would!

LOVELY! Amazing, great, awesome. All the positive words I have used in the past, take them all.

I'm volunteering savage-island / Hurr Nor to be raided. I'd like one of you to drop by at my region and tell me how to construct this bounty-station.
I know I don't have many people who actually live at the region, but RP is abundant so I'm sure I can think of a way to make people add to the bounty.
It'll have loot, even if it means I have to put it all in myself :')

This idea is awesome, well thought through, great mini-game character, 11/10. You are pro's.
Considering who this is coming from I am beyond flattered as are my partners in crime. You are truly too kind!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Is it common knowledge that people are raiding towns? I'd like to hire some mercenaries (put a poster up) as my town is utterly defenseless without them :')

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
Is it common knowledge that people are raiding towns? I'd like to hire some mercenaries (put a poster up) as my town is utterly defenseless without them :')
While it is not common knowledge as of yet we do hope word will spread from character to character once raiding has begun. We do have a set of rules that we ourselves follow for raids and I will only give one clue.
The key to inspiring raids is active groups rping together. Raiders are far more likely to show up in an active town of diligent workers than an empty town with a few drunkards.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I volunteer raiding services with my horse archer for inland attacks on regions. I've been meaning to get it off the ground and have a 100+ plot region unbuilt in the plains to facilitate this. If that doesn't work out, maybe I'll join the raiders.